Indianapolis/Noblesville/Deer Creek on May 7th

13»

Comments

• So whats the deal with Deer Creek or whatever it is called?

Can you tailgate?
    They seem to look the other way about the tailgating.

Hotels in the area?
    Its outside Indy a bit. Its in a rural area. You'll have to drive some for a hotel.

Is the parking lot a bitch to get in/out of?
    yes. its AWFUL. See above post about being on the offramp during the opening band. My experience was exactly the same. We literally RAN from our cars and barely made it before PJ started.
    "Me oh my oh, lost in Ohio ... I'm in Ohio high oh ... just making my way through Ohio where the sky is and the roads are long ... went back to Ohio and my city was gone..."

E.V., 6/24/03
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    edited March 2010
    So whats the deal with Deer Creek or whatever it is called?

Can you tailgate?

Hotels in the area?

No
    No
    Bitch

But it's the best f'in venue I've ever been to. Check out the 2000 and 03 setlists to see 2 big reasons why. 2 of the most underrated shows, in PJ's history.

Anybody know the prices of lawn tix? Is the lottery worth the price difference?
    Post edited by DewieCox on
  • IndySarahIndySarah Posts: 42

Can you tailgate?
    They seem to look the other way about the tailgating.

Hotels in the area?
    Its outside Indy a bit. Its in a rural area. You'll have to drive some for a hotel.

yes. its AWFUL. See above post about being on the offramp during the opening band. My experience was exactly the same. We literally RAN from our cars and barely made it before PJ started.

It's different now, the parking lot still is a pain, but there's more things around it now. There's at least one hotel relatively close, I'll look it up and post it. There's also a new open air mall within about a mile. All of this has changed the configuration of getting into Verizon. The main issue is getting out. Bring a GPS, they will funnel you out bad.
    "You look like you'd be sticky" --

Indianapolis 1998, Indianapolis 2000, Alpine 2003, Indianapolis 2003, Toledo 2004, Grand Rapids 2004, St Louis 2004, Kitchener 2005, London 2005, Hamilton 2005, Chicago I 2006, Grand Rapids 2006, Cleveland 2006, Cincinnati 2006 The Vic 2007, Lollapalooza 2007, Chicago I and II 2009
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,627
    DewieCox wrote:

Can you tailgate?

Hotels in the area?

No
    No
    Bitch

there has been some improvement since PJ was here last.....definitely don't wait until showtime to show up

there are several hotels around the area now...there is also a gigantic new mall right next to the venue
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    DewieCox wrote:

Can you tailgate?

Hotels in the area?

No
    No
    Bitch

there has been some improvement since PJ was here last.....definitely don't wait until showtime to show up

there are several hotels around the area now...there is also a gigantic new mall right next to the venue

I was there for Radiohead in 08 and didn't notice any of that stuff. It did seem like the houses and what have you spread further towards the venue, but that's all I noticed.
    come to the venue from the north on Boden Road from State Road 38......much easier access

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Indy over Alpine somebody explain this please.
    come to the venue from the north on Boden Road from State Road 38......much easier access

Knock on wood, but I've never had a big problem makin it down the other way. Is there no line come from the other direction?
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    I was at Radiohead last year and didn't have any problems but I took 31 to get there. I'm guessing the exit to I-69 logjams.

They originally built the place in the middle of a corn field. Urban sprawl has caught up with it but there are not any "walking distance" attractions that I can remember. It is a nice venue for a show and show only.
    DewieCox wrote:

Knock on wood, but I've never had a big problem makin it down the other way. Is there no line come from the other direction?

no....close to the venue it will get backed up but I've never waited more than a few minutes to get in to the lot from there

it's basically the next exit north from the main exit.....take 13 north to 38 then west to Boden Road....turn south on Boden Road

• loadedgunloadedgun Posts: 1,389
    From Boden is definetely the way to go. This used to be a secret, but now everyone knows. Getting out is actually easy now, I thought.
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
    yes and if you take Boden road north to 38...turn west, you'll run into a hotel right by the Home Depot just a few miles from the venue

• loadedgunloadedgun Posts: 1,389
    OK Gern, you're more familiar with the area. I don't think there are any bars relatively close is there? I'm thinking for a pre-party. I've over in Lebanon, so I'm not that far.

Last year they let us tailgate for as long as we wanted, which they didn't in the past. So maybe thats what I'll do this time.
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
    loadedgun wrote:
    OK Gern, you're more familiar with the area. I don't think there are any bars relatively close is there? I'm thinking for a pre-party. I've over in Lebanon, so I'm not that far.

Last year they let us tailgate for as long as we wanted, which they didn't in the past. So maybe thats what I'll do this time.

YES! actually there is an Irish bar in the new mall about a mile from the venue

actually now that I remember they let us hang out and tailgate the last time I was there too.....

• dougfloyddougfloyd Posts: 2,580
    Yes, Mo's Irish Pub is in the mall right across the street. It can get kind of crowded in there though, but probably the best place to hang out before the show. I only live about a mile away though so I'll be hanging out at home until the show starts.

Haven't heard ticket prices yet, probably around $75 though. Lawn seats are about $40 for the DMB show, probably similar for PJ.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
    2024 - Noblesville, Wrigley