Paperless Tickets

2»

Comments

• GTFLYGIRLGTFLYGIRL Posts: 760
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    GTFLYGIRL wrote:

If the CC doesn't work, i'd suggest getting a new one.

LOL... that would help a lot 45 minutes before the show....

AND... i thought this was paperless... is there a ticket and a stub... or not?

And as far as the issue with your friend who is taking your extra ticket.... Well doesn't the swiping of the CC happen AS you enter the venue?

(Isn't that supposed to be the upside of this.... so you cant take the ticket and walk to the street and resell for 5x the price?)

*EDIT* PS-Thanks Choop... just read your answers.

Back to my original statement... This doesnt sound like it's "fan-friendly" and I really hope PJ and the 10c agree with me and never go this route!!

It is fan-friendly in the sense that the fans have a better chance at getting good seats because they are not competing with as many scalpers as usual during the on-sale.

i get that part... just not sounding very friendly for ME!

and trying to not misplace a little slip of paper.... ugh!

just DON'T LIKE THE SOUND OF THIS! :evil:
  • mauichickmauichick Posts: 964
    samjam wrote:
    It's a fairly good idea, but I have one problem with it- sometimes (maybe sometimes, IDK if this is always the case) the person who purchased the tickets with their credit card needs to be the one to show their face at the venue in order to get in. For people like me, who don't have credit cards, this poses an issue, as my parents, the credit card holders, are not going to spend time going with me to the venue and showing their faces, just so they can leave right after. ...did this make sense? :)

Happened to me with a recent show I went to- was going to use my dad's credit card, but then realized if that was the case, he needed to be the one to show his face to get us into the venue, even though he wasn't attending- which he wasn't up for.

I attend tons of shows and at shows with hard tix, havnt had a problem getting in with confirmation printout if i didnt have actual credit card tix were purchased under.

I'm excited about this and its prob the only reason I was able to get Thom tix this morning which makes me quite the HAPPY girl!!

Hoping Pearl Jam takes note...
    '96 7 shows / '97 3 shows / '98 15 shows
    '00 12 shows / '03 4 shows / '06 6 shows
    '08 3 shows / '09 5 shows / '10 6 shows
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Back to my original statement... This doesnt sound like it's "fan-friendly" and I really hope PJ and the 10c agree with me and never go this route!![/quote]

It is fan-friendly in the sense that the fans have a better chance at getting good seats because they are not competing with as many scalpers as usual during the on-sale.[/quote]

i get that part... just not sounding very friendly for ME!

and trying to not misplace a little slip of paper.... ugh!

just DON'T LIKE THE SOUND OF THIS! :evil:[/quote]

If people can't get tickets, they blame the scalpers, now, they have a better chance, but they still aren't happy!
    :)