PHILLY APs fresh news from Toms' site

joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
edited March 2010 in The Porch
Tom Tomorrow:
Philly poster update
Okay, so life got a little complicated for me for awhile there, but things are starting to calm down … so hopefully I’ll be able to deal with the signed edition of the Philly posters before too long. I have more names on the wait list than I have posters, so those are most likely all spoken for already, but if I do end up with any sets left over I’ll post a note here. In the meantime it looks like they’re starting to sell (unsigned) copies of the posters at pearljam.com (click on North American Tour Posters). The catch is, you have to join the fan club ($20, click on Memberships) to be eligible to purchase them, but if you end up buying the whole set, that’s just an extra five bucks a poster. (I have no financial stake in fan club sales, just posting this for those of you who might be interested.)

http://www.thismodernworld.com/

and once again i am on the list for the set .....and once again i CANT BUY THEM ..so if anyone wants me to buy for them IF I GET PICKED let me know ......ill pay for them and have them shipped to your address

UNLESS for some crazy reason ..the set is like $150 or less i will keep them for myself
have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,497
    Cool! I forget now if I was on that list. :| Did send Tom and email when he posted about the Philly poster's & those who wanted dib's on them.
  • joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    demetrios wrote:
    Cool! I forget now if I was on that list. :| Did send Tom and email when he posted about the Philly poster's & those who wanted dib's on them.

i think he just ask for an email with your name and a YES i want the philly posters thing... i wonder how many sets he has if they are all spoken for already .....with everyone bashing him on the art work and all
    joe2468 wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

i think he just ask for an email with your name and a YES i want the philly posters thing... i wonder how many sets he has if they are all spoken for already .....with everyone bashing him on the art work and all

Ah, then I did send him an email month's back. But, how would we know we were the chosen one's? Were emails sent back that "yes, you scored a print. you will be contacted down the road with purchase info!" I hope I got in. I was there all 4 night's & interested in scoring all 4 night prints, signed & numbered. :)
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    joe2468 wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

i'd bet that 73% of the people on the list are flippers that will now back out of buying the prints
    demetrios wrote:
    joe2468 wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

Ah, then I did send him an email month's back. But, how would we know we were the chosen one's? Were emails sent back that "yes, you scored a print. you will be contacted down the road with purchase info!" I hope I got in. I was there all 4 night's & interested in scoring all 4 night prints, signed & numbered. :)

he hasnt replied to them yet ...he said he would get to it after the new year... so now im guessing he will put all the names in a hat and draw the lucky winners.......its all a waiting game now.......
    joe2468 wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    joe2468 wrote:

he hasnt replied to them yet ...he said he would get to it after the new year... so now im guessing he will put all the names in a hat and draw the lucky winners.......its all a waiting game now.......

D'oh! I never win in those draw in the hat jam's. Mine name is always stuck on the bottom with tape for some reason. :|
  • I'd be interested if he can sign my Philly Bootlegs, if they're ever released.
    D'oh! I never win in those draw in the hat jam's. Mine name is always stuck on the bottom with tape for some reason. :|[/quote]

well like i said in the OP... i really dont need it and would be more then willing to purchase it for you if i get picked ...and have sent directly to your house
    joe2468 wrote:
    well like i said in the OP... i really dont need it and would be more then willing to purchase it for you if i get picked ...and have sent directly to your house

Awesome! I just emailed Tom a few minutes ago on the status. No word yet. I'm for sure down for all 4 poster's no matter what.
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,053
    I find it hard to believe these are still in demand after people have seen them
    pdalowsky wrote:
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    I got an email back from Tom. I'm on the list. Sweet! 8-)
    Now the hunt for the Philly '09 box set from Pearl Jam signed & numbered. ;)
  • More CoffeeMore Coffee Posts: 600
    joe2468 wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

I like these posters. I like the concept and I think it's cool that the artist drew in specific characters at the request of the band members. I live just outside of Philadelphia and have attended countless events at the Spectrum. It will always be a special venue for the people who grew up with it. I was there for Pearl Jam's send off and I thought they delivered the best 4 shows I've ever seen them perform. The significance of the moment was in the room every night. The energy was intense, and at the same time sincere.

I'm sad to see the Spectrum go, but happy to walk away with so many great memories. The memories of those Pearl Jam shows are the best of them all. These posters will always take me back to that special week. Whether you like them or not, that's what they hold and represent- Pearl Jam's legendary South Philly stand, the final four events at the Spectrum, Philadelphia history.

I'm on the list and I hope I'm offered a signed set.
    support The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
    http://giving.chop.edu/site/PageServer?pagename=give_GiveTheGift
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,053
    joe2468 wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

I like these posters. I like the concept and I think it's cool that the artist drew in specific characters at the request of the band members. I live just outside of Philadelphia and have attended countless events at the Spectrum. It will always be a special venue for the people who grew up with it. I was there for Pearl Jam's send off and I thought they delivered the best 4 shows I've ever seen them perform. The significance of the moment was in the room every night. The energy was intense, and at the same time sincere.

I'm sad to see the Spectrum go, but happy to walk away with so many great memories. The memories of those Pearl Jam shows are the best of them all. These posters will always take me back to that special week. Whether you like them or not, that's what they hold and represent- Pearl Jam's legendary South Philly stand, the final four events at the Spectrum, Philadelphia history.

sorry Lew :oops:

I hope so too! :)
  • I like these posters. I like the concept and I think it's cool that the artist drew in specific characters at the request of the band members. I live just outside of Philadelphia and have attended countless events at the Spectrum. It will always be a special venue for the people who grew up with it. I was there for Pearl Jam's send off and I thought they delivered the best 4 shows I've ever seen them perform. The significance of the moment was in the room every night. The energy was intense, and at the same time sincere.

+1

Well said sir... :)