The Official Jay Leno is NOT Funny Thread....

2»

Comments

• FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Leno sucks. He had two months to write 10 jokes for his return monologue and they all bombed. He's like a cartoon character at this point. Dave is going to destroy him. At least Letterman can deliver jokes.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    please share your horror stories of watching the tonight show hosted by this hack...

i can't believe people enjoy this slop....then again, 25 million people watch american idol every week. :roll:

This is why I watch American Idol....

Worsters!

votefortheworst.com
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,843
    Though I much prefer Letterman and even Conan, I don't think that Leno is THAT bad. I mean, at least he comes off as a nice guy.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,521
    Though I much prefer Letterman and even Conan, I don't think that Leno is THAT bad. I mean, at least he comes off as a nice guy.

...then you read how cut throat he is behind closed doors and you realize that's just an act.
    www.myspace.com

...then you read how cut throat he is behind closed doors and you realize that's just an act.

I don't think so. I've seen that film "The Late Shift" that chronicled the whole Letterman/Leno thing in the early 90's and Leno comes off in it as goal-driven.....but not a dick. It's his manager that comes off as a dick in the film.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146

I don't think so. I've seen that film "The Late Shift" that chronicled the whole Letterman/Leno thing in the early 90's and Leno comes off in it as goal-driven.....but not a dick. It's his manager that comes off as a dick in the film.

leno had her be the bad guy so he could be the "nice guy"...same as now except it's nbc being the bad guy (although nbc is mostly to blame for this mess)

leno is driven and gets what he wants...which is fine...but the public "new guy" persona is bullshit
    norm wrote:
    leno is driven and gets what he wants...which is fine...but the public "nice guy" persona is bullshit

Yeah I think that this thing with Conan is all NBC's fault. The only reason they offered him the Tonight Show was to keep him from leaving. Well that's fine except Leno has always gotten great ratings. Once Conan started getting beat by Letterman, they pulled the plug on him. People who try to blame Leno for his bad ratings at 10pm are in the wrong because no "variety show" would work there and the only reason they put him there was to keep HIM from leaving. So in trying to keep both Leno and Conan, they have screwed both of them.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    Leno is a douche. He also isn't funny at all. How he managed to beat Letterman in the ratings for all those years is a mystery to me...
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    One time, my cat got hit by a car and I thought, "Man this sucks.....but not as much as the Tonight Show."
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • I'm already enjoying an Ambien slumber by the time Leno and Letterman come on, but seriously, Leno isn't funny? That's a pretty bold statement to make seeing how millions upon millions of people disagree with it.

Granted, these are the same fucks that buy Britney Spears and Akon records (either for themselves or one of their 5 kids) but still...

The only thing I can suggest is to keep your eyes on the news channels to stay connected to Big Ben's Superbowl Rape Tour coming to a city near you to keep you entertained. And no, I don't think he's guilty.....again.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    norm wrote:
    leno is driven and gets what he wants...which is fine...but the public "nice guy" persona is bullshit

Yeah I think that this thing with Conan is all NBC's fault. The only reason they offered him the Tonight Show was to keep him from leaving. Well that's fine except Leno has always gotten great ratings. Once Conan started getting beat by Letterman, they pulled the plug on him. People who try to blame Leno for his bad ratings at 10pm are in the wrong because no "variety show" would work there and the only reason they put him there was to keep HIM from leaving. So in trying to keep both Leno and Conan, they have screwed both of them.

true...however, there was an easy way to solve all of this...when nbc canceled the 10pm show, jay should have moved on and refused to go back to 11:35...it was conan's show and nbc didn't give it nearly enough time to establish itself...jay did not need to go back...he has more than enough money and he already does almost 300 standup gigs a year so it wasn't like he was gonna go play golf and fall into obscurity...if leno had any class, he would have stepped aside and let conan make the tonight show his own...leno's ratings when he first started weren't all flowers and sunshine
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,779
    norm wrote:
    norm wrote:

true...however, there was an easy way to solve all of this...when nbc canceled the 10pm show, jay should have moved on and refused to go back to 11:35...it was conan's show and nbc didn't give it nearly enough time to establish itself...jay did not need to go back...he has more than enough money and he already does almost 300 standup gigs a year so it wasn't like he was gonna go play golf and fall into obscurity...if leno had any class, he would have stepped aside and let conan make the tonight show his own...leno's ratings when he first started weren't all flowers and sunshine

yea it took Leno I think 2 years to be #1. And that's when he had shows with 25-30million viewers leading in. And not the 5-6 million that Conan got.
    I miss igotid88
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    I support this