2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    CNN on cable has some live hook ups too,

this is strangely intriguing,

i guess a boring snowstorm on the weekend also helps,

cant peel myself away from the live coverage

hope all the best to everyone out there !

strange color and watrer receeding has been reported by the locals !

beware !
    +1
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• really not much to see where i am so far...
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,741
    "Oh look at that, there is a guy walking down the beach in the lower right hand corner of your screen. That person may not have a radio, a television or a computer...or any common sense........ I would love to be able to holler at him. That's probably one of the most...idiotic things I have ever seen."
  • 71step2871step28 Posts: 2,249
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    "Oh look at that, there is a guy walking down the beach in the lower right hand corner of your screen. That person may not have a radio, a television or a computer...or any common sense........ I would love to be able to holler at him. That's probably one of the most...idiotic things I have ever seen."
    :?
    yeah, i'm watching this, too...
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    I don't think much will happen, these things seem to always be at there worse when we don't expect it and know it's coming.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    71step28 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    :?
    yeah, i'm watching this, too...

Someone has to win.

6a00e5505fc49688340105371f62a9970b-800wi
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    :shock: shit
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    pandora wrote:
    i am here!!!

i was wakened by the tsunami sirens only moments ago!!!

they are calling for a 12 foot sugre to strike around 11:15a island time

i am here visiting family on the big island, north kohala coast, a couple miles up the road from the kawaihae harbor. this is the last day of a two week vacation and i am scheduled to fly out at midnight tonight local time. that of course is all very tenuous at the moment.

the police have been by and the phone is ringing constantly. as it stands our location is higher on a cliffside very near the coast. we are said to be safe and not in need of evacuation but to be ready incase...

it is at the same time creepy and fascinating!!! i certainly hope everyone makes it to safe ground, then i intend to make sure i am in a good vantage point and watch the action

wish us luck!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1CgfTOZpzU
    good luck, be safe and even with a Tsunami you are lucky to be in the Hawaiian Islands. 2 week holiday there sounds awesome. I hope to go for my 30th wedding anniversary in 2011-
    safe travels to you
    I'm just sending you an "early" congratualtions for your 30th wedding anniversary- I hope you get to Hawaii !!
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • non-event for hawaii, thankfully

some surges, yes, some dirty water but thats about it

no reports of any death or destruction, again thankfully!!

no photos to show as there was absolutely nothing to see below the cliffs where i am on the kohala coast, no news to report

my vaca ends tonight and back to tha burgh for me
  • "all clear" officially issued at 1:44p island time
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    now they're saying its heading for japan...
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
    Glad all the folks in Hawaii stayed safe. Good news.
  • I think the tsunami saw the size of Australia and decided to turn around.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    haffajappa wrote:
    now they're saying its heading for japan...
    I heard it DID hit Japan!! :(

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,989
    I was glued to the tube too.

My wife and I both immediately recognized the Blaisedell arena as soon as one of the roof-top cameras panned around the area.

Couple of vacationers called CNN and were reporting how they had been moved to higher ground at a golf course on Maui, they were all chill and not too worried at all, and the talking head sounded incredulous that they were so calm. Just more of the same damn media trying to elevate every frickin thing to defcon 5 status. The authories took safe measures, people were aware, and were coping.

Someone should send all of the media mofos a bag to breathe in. I can barely stand the media these days, any of the outlets, yet I cannot keep from watching and reading far too much.

Anyway, I am glad that we didnt have another huge body count...

We were talking to my 18 and 14 year old kids a few weeks ago, right after the Haiti quake, and it is absolutely sobbering to realize the massive amounts of deaths, from natural catastrophies, famine, war, and such, that they have been witness to in thier short lives. The world has "shrunk" so fast in the last few years. I dont remember even being aware of the global plight when I was in their shoes. I thought the only problem in the world was Ethiopias' starvation in the mid 80's.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06

Couple of vacationers called CNN and were reporting how they had been moved to higher ground at a golf course on Maui, they were all chill and not too worried at all, and the talking head sounded incredulous that they were so calm. Just more of the same damn media trying to elevate every frickin thing to defcon 5 status. The authories took safe measures, people were aware, and were coping.

Someone should send all of the media mofos a bag to breathe in. I can barely stand the media these days, any of the outlets, yet I cannot keep from watching and reading far too much.

I am right there with you man. This situation is very personal for me as my girlfirend is in Santiago, Chile and I have found it offensive how dramatic the media has made the situation. It is fucking insulting and completely disrespectful to family and friends. My girlfriends mother was in fucking tears, shaking at 4 am when they kept saying the Chile earthquake was 64x worse than Haiti with no explanation that the infrastructure in Chile was built to sustain earthquakes of this size and no to mention the government was prepared for these situations and did an incredible job.

I am really disgusted with CNN and plan on contacting as many people as possible to complain. Fuck the media.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Glad all the folks in Hawaii stayed safe. Good news.
    :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”