Sanitago, CHILE

2»

Comments

• Glad she is ok. That is so scary. My thoughts are with everyone there.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Thanks again everyone, she has been sitting in the parking lot of the hotel for a couple hours now and it looks like she will probably be leaving this evening, which is as soon as they can get them out. Thank god she didnt get hit by the worst of it. What an experience for a little while tonight.

I hate how they keep saying this is 64x worse than Haiti, well no fuck face it isn't. Chile has buildings that were specifically built to withstand eartquakes such as these, Haiti had no infrastructure so it is not nearly as bad. It does not help family and friends when you say nonsense like this.

Hell of a night this has been though. I freaked the fuck out for a minute.

This just goes to show how pertinent it is whenever if ever things are rebuilt in Haiti to rebuild things to a code. A code of earthquake stability and strength and at least that way when these tragedies occur the injuries, deaths and destruction is far less. I hope that will be the case and i'm glad your family appear to be OK.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,741
    She is sitting on a private jet waiting to leave Argentina, will be home tomorrow afternoon. Can't wait.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    just see the news...O.M.G...so sad things happens in this lovely country
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    She is sitting on a private jet waiting to leave Argentina, will be home tomorrow afternoon. Can't wait.
    wow.
    scary stuff.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

is she home?
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,741
    norm wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

is she home?

She is home. Got home late last night and it feels damn good. Thanks for asking.