Options

Worst pj song

Comments

• Options
    Umm, I hope they keep playing Evacuation so I can keep reading arguments between EvacuationRules and everyone else whether it's a good song or not. :lol::lol:

It's funny how people act like they are "cool" or "just like everyone else" for hating that song. It's an easy way to weed out the fans who are musically brian-dead, because they can't get past a 3-second chrous and enjoy the rest of the song.

Woah, relax dude. No need to start taking shots at people because they don't like one single PJ song.

By the way, Evacuation sucks.

That's okay. There are plenty of generic songs for people like you to enjoy.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,783

It's funny how people act like they are "cool" or "just like everyone else" for hating that song. It's an easy way to weed out the fans who are musically brian-dead, because they can't get past a 3-second chrous and enjoy the rest of the song.

Woah, relax dude. No need to start taking shots at people because they don't like one single PJ song.

By the way, Evacuation sucks.

That's okay. There are plenty of generic songs for people like you to enjoy.

It's funny how you can form an opinion based on one post on a message board thread.
  • Options
    PerilJamPerilJam Posts: 31
    Actually - I really dislike Wishlst. it sends me to sleep (and not in a good way).
  • Options
    cheech721cheech721 Brunsville, MN Posts: 46
    Foxy mop is the only song I skip…
    I know that I was born and I know that Ill die.
    The in between is mine. I am mine.
  • Options
    PASSION76PASSION76 Posts: 136
    whale song
  • Options
    jester59388jester59388 Posts: 150
    edited March 2010
    OK, I've been listening to almost* the entire Pearl Jam studio catelogue in alphabetical order (and repeat) on my MP3 player since the Spectrum shows and I think I can say the following based on that:

1. To the OP, Pilate is not even the worst song on the Yield album, let alone in the entire catalogue. That would clearly be Red Dot. Brain of J and Push Me Pull Me are distant seconds. (And the fact that these four are all on the Yield album really causes me to scratch my head at the Yield lovers)

2. For those who disqualify joke songs - why? If it was a b-side, then fine, but if it made the album over a more deserving song then it's time to tell the band to stop wasting our time with this crap. They interrupt the flow of the album. At least make it a "hidden song" at the end so I can listen all the way through and turn it off when the last "official" song is over (as I do with Binaural). Some "joke" songs are actually not bad (Dirty Frank, for instance), but at least they didn't put them on the album, so why should bad joke songs get a pass? I have no tolerance for noise like Foxymophandlemommathat'sme and Red Dot. Pry, To is at least short.

3. For those that stick with "real" songs, you have to go with Whale Song. Or is that a joke song too? It's so bad, it can arguably qualify. If Whale Song is disqualified, then my vote goes to Habit. Evacuation, Ghost, Bushleaguer, Brain of J, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me and others that get repeated mention here are pretty weak, but Habit just plain sucks.

* I say "almost" because I don't have all the Christmas single songs on there yet.
    Post edited by jester59388 on
    a fool not a fucking god ....
  • Options
    I love how you are not a fan or "musically brian-dead" (glad my name's not Brian) if you don't love everything the band does. I also love how if somebody doesn't like a song you do, they are wrong. Pearl Jam is as close to the perfect band for me, but they are not perfect, and that's fine. Some of you are ridiculous and need to get out more.
    Now, not absolutely loving Black, that is unacceptable and you are wrong!
  • Options
    cajunkiwicajunkiwi Posts: 984
    Absolutely cannot stand "Just Breathe." I skip it every time it comes on.

That being said, I know a lot of other people like it, and that's cool. I sleep perfectly fine at night knowing I have a shitload of other Pearl Jam songs to listen to, and that I probably really like some songs that other people hate ("Habit" comes to mind).

It's all subjective in the end, and the only thing I find nutty is the belief by some people that you're less of a fan if you don't absolutely love every single song they've ever written in the last 20 years. That's just way too much material - there's bound to be a few songs that people don't like.

As far as the good stuff (in your opinion) far outweighs the bad stuff (in your opinion) you're golden.
    And I listen for the voice inside my head... nothing. I'll do this one myself.
  • Options
    cajunkiwicajunkiwi Posts: 984
    TRobinson wrote:
    whats with people putting Love Boat Captain, really? that song is pretty good, and I also like the awkwardness of Pilate. every band needs to change it up every now and then.

If it wasnt for the bands experimenting with their own sound we probly wouldnt have great underrated songs like Rats and Tremor Christ which are awesome songs that wernt Pearl Jams sound, but turned out great.

+1 I love "Rats" and "Tremor Christ"
    And I listen for the voice inside my head... nothing. I'll do this one myself.
  • Options
    dannydanny Posts: 2,274
    bugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    danny d
  • Options
    CW11331CW11331 Posts: 127
    Ledbetter because it means the shows over
    Downing Stadium, Randall's Island - Sep 28, 1996
    Blockbuster Music Center - Aug 28, 1998, E-Centre - Sep 02, 2000
    First Union Spectrum Arena - Apr 28, 2003
    Hersheypark Stadium - Jul 12, 2003, Borgata - Sept 30, 2005
    Tweeter Center May 27 & May 28, 2006
    Continental Arena - Jun 03, 2006
    Bonnaroo - Jun 14, 2008,MSG - Jun 24 & 25, 2008
    Spectrum - Oct 27, 2009 MSG - May 20 & 21 2010
    PJ 20!!! Alpine Valley 9/3/11 & 9/4/11 Ticket Lotto Winner -rw9!-
  • Options
    CW11331 wrote:
    Ledbetter because it means the shows over
    this is the most reasonable response yet.
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,744
    Umm, I hope they keep playing Evacuation so I can keep reading arguments between EvacuationRules and everyone else whether it's a good song or not. :lol::lol:

My point was that I enjoy the back-and-forth that I know is always coming. Someone says "Evacuation sucks." EvacuationRules says "you're an idiot and you wouldn't know good music if it slapped you in the face, and everything you like sucks." Someone else says "no really, Evacuation sucks."

By the way, it's not just the terrible chorus. Some of the riffs in that song sound exactly like the terrible chorus. The song isn't really long enough or textured enough to overcome the terrible chrous. Seriously, it really isn't all that good. I'm sorry - I tried to like it! If it's any consolation, I think The End is worse.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Kanye EastKanye East Posts: 781

I am not actually musically "brain dead" as you claim. I actually play the guitar and bass.

Evacuation is a horrible song.
    DC-9/24/96
    Philly-8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/3/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16
    Jones Beach-8/25/00
    PSU-5/3/03
    Irvine-6/2/03
    San Diego-6/5/03
    Hershey-7/12/03
    Reading-10/1/04
    The Gorge-9/1/05
    Vancouver-9/2/05
    AC-9/30/05
    E. Rutherford, NJ-6/1/06,6/3/06
    Bonnaroo-6/14/08
    VA Beach-6/17/08
    MSG-5/20/10,5/21/10
    Baltimore 10/27/13
  • Options
    Kanye EastKanye East Posts: 781
    PerilJam wrote:
    Actually - I really dislike Wishlst. it sends me to sleep (and not in a good way).

I dont like that song either. When they play it in concert, I usually go to the bathroom
    DC-9/24/96
    Philly-8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/3/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16
    Jones Beach-8/25/00
    PSU-5/3/03
    Irvine-6/2/03
    San Diego-6/5/03
    Hershey-7/12/03
    Reading-10/1/04
    The Gorge-9/1/05
    Vancouver-9/2/05
    AC-9/30/05
    E. Rutherford, NJ-6/1/06,6/3/06
    Bonnaroo-6/14/08
    VA Beach-6/17/08
    MSG-5/20/10,5/21/10
    Baltimore 10/27/13
  • Options
    Kanye East wrote:
    I actually play the guitar and bass.

Evacuation is a horrible song.

I'd like to see you try and play one of Matt's songs. That would some good comedy.
  • Options
    pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    Kanye East wrote:
    PerilJam wrote:

I dont like that song either. When they play it in concert, I usually go to the bathroom

One of my least faves of theirs. Thank God I didnt hear it live last tour. And Last Kiss.
  • Options
    se7v7ense7v7en Philadelphia, PA Posts: 328
    Pilate is one of my favorites. What a beautiful bridge.
  • Options
    Per album:
    Ten - Deep*
    Vs. - Leash
    Vitology: Not counting interludes (bugs, pry, aye Dav) Spin the black circle*
    No Code: Habit
    Yield: Pilate*
    Binaural: Evacuation
    Riot Act: 4 way tie Tie -ghost, 1/2 full, LBC, bush-leaguer
    Avocado:  Tie Big Wave and Army Reserve
    Backspacer:  Speed of sound 
    Lightning Bolt: Let the records Play…why do I think Shania Twain?
    Gigaton: Retrograde
    Dark Matter: Something special 

* Some of these I do not dislike but had to pick one

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,156
    From studio albums… it’s a  3-way tie for me, but picking 1.

Sleeping by myself 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Ole and Of The Earth. 

That was a weird period
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,635
    Buckle up. Sleeping by myself.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    LukinAtULukinAtU Posts: 787
    buckle up
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,817
    A song so bad, it has left the collective minds 6 pages into this thread...Olympic Platinum.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,217
    Oh man, I don’t remember this thread at all, but I was posting all over it at age 17 and I’m dying of cringe rereading my own posts. 
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,499
    Per album:
    Ten - Deep*
    Vs. - Leash
    Vitology: Not counting interludes (bugs, pry, aye Dav) Spin the black circle*
    No Code: Habit
    Yield: Pilate*
    Binaural: Evacuation
    Riot Act: 4 way tie Tie -ghost, 1/2 full, LBC, bush-leaguer
    Avocado:  Tie Big Wave and Army Reserve
    Backspacer:  Speed of sound 
    Lightning Bolt: Let the records Play…why do I think Shania Twain?
    Dark Matter: Something special 

* Some of these I do not dislike but had to pick one

Pretty similiar:

Ten: Deep
    VS: ... Glorified G I guess.... maybe
    Vitalogy: Spin the Black Circle
    No Code: Mankind
    Yield: Pilate
    Binaural: God's Dice
    Riot Act: Get Right I guess... maybe
    Lost Dogs: Sweet Lew
    Avocado: Comatose
    Backspacer: The Fixer or The End
    Lightning Bolt: Let the Records Play or Future Days
    Dark Matter: Something Special I guess... maybe... haven't heard the album enough

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,733
    Everyone knows it’s Dirty Frank
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,040
    The answer is and will always be You are.  Please close thread.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 809
    edited April 27
    Buckle up. Thats time to check my email on my phone. Some songs are beer time 
    Post edited by Robbert on
  • Options
    MYMMYM Austin, TX Posts: 192
    Can’t Deny Me is on my short list
    Fenway 1 - 8/5/16
    Fenway 2 - 8/7/16
    Seattle 1 - 8/8/18