Album AND EP? Why not just a longer album?

2»

Comments

• JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Has there been any official or credible information re: the EP?

only Mike and Ed saying it was a possibility in two seperate interviews, I believe, but to be honest, we all know that it means nothing until we see it on the shelves.

All this debate and conjecture regarding something that may not even exist?

yep. welcome to a Porch discussion!
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • I am pretty sure the ep will be released eventually....If pearl jam is indeed going to play some of the ep tracks at a festival in Europe..When is the last time you heard a pearl jam track live in cocnert..That wasn't available to purchase on compact disc...You can bet your bottom dollar...Pearl Jam will make the ep available to purchase....Pearl Jam doesn't have a major record label backing them up now...I am sure they will be more than happy to make some moeny of this ep..I am shocked philly boots aren't available..Knowing they would make a killing off them...I still think they will be available some day in the future..{Philly boots or at least one of the shows}

Jeremy

how do we know this? and actually, before Lost Dogs was released, that happened all the time.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • KingJeremyDKingJeremyD Posts: 2,313
    I am pretty sure the ep will be released eventually....If pearl jam is indeed going to play some of the ep tracks at a festival in Europe..When is the last time you heard a pearl jam track live in cocnert..That wasn't available to purchase on compact disc...You can bet your bottom dollar...Pearl Jam will make the ep available to purchase....Pearl Jam doesn't have a major record label backing them up now...I am sure they will be more than happy to make some moeny of this ep..I am shocked philly boots aren't available..Knowing they would make a killing off them...I still think they will be available some day in the future..{Philly boots or at least one of the shows}

Jeremy

how do we know this? and actually, before Lost Dogs was released, that happened all the time.

Really?...Which tracks from lost dogs was played before it was released?..You have to remember a lot of tracks on lost dogs where already out on b-sides or soundtracks etc...For an example u was b-side on wishlist...Yellow Ledbetter on Jeremy as a b-side...Majority of the tracks that was played before the release of lost dogs was already out on a b-side etc..
  • I am pretty sure the ep will be released eventually....If pearl jam is indeed going to play some of the ep tracks at a festival in Europe..When is the last time you heard a pearl jam track live in cocnert..That wasn't available to purchase on compact disc...You can bet your bottom dollar...Pearl Jam will make the ep available to purchase....Pearl Jam doesn't have a major record label backing them up now...I am sure they will be more than happy to make some moeny of this ep..I am shocked philly boots aren't available..Knowing they would make a killing off them...I still think they will be available some day in the future..{Philly boots or at least one of the shows}

Jeremy

Really?...Which tracks from lost dogs was played before it was released?..You have to remember a lot of tracks on lost dogs where already out on b-sides or soundtracks etc...For an example u was b-sides on wishlist...Yellow Ledbetter on Jeremy as a b-side...Majority of the tracks that was played before the release of lost dogs was already out on a b-side etc..

that's right. I was thinking full length. CD singles are so far gone I forgot about em! :lol:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    edited February 2010
    U, Dirty Frank, Last Kiss, Alone, Down, Black Red Yellow, Leaving Here, Greemie Out of Control, Whale Song, Undone, Hard to Imagine, Wash, Dead Man Walking, Strangest Tribe, Driftin, Other Side, Footsteps, Let Me Sleep, Brother and Bee Girl...All of those tracks where available to purchase before lost dogs was released...Via b-sides, soundtracks, xmas singles, and on misc albums..Not stating that all of those tracks have been played live in concert..But, pretty much when pearl jam plays a track live in concert..Which was recorded by them...It is already out on some sort of album etc...Or it will be out soon...Nine tracks off lost dogs..That is how many tracks that was on that album that hadn't been officially released before lost dogs was released...

Jeremy
    Post edited by KingJeremyD on
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Has there been any official or credible information re: the EP?

only Mike and Ed saying it was a possibility in two seperate interviews, I believe, but to be honest, we all know that it means nothing until we see it on the shelves.

you expect what from here? ;)
    I know of four tracks that are out that may be on ep...If the ep is actually released?

Jeremy
  • DH62179DH62179 Posts: 312
    I know of four tracks that are out that may be on ep...If the ep is actually released?

Jeremy

'Out?' what are they and how do you know them?!
  • doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    i miss B sides, but I'd be happy with another B sides album...

as for the shorter album followed by possible EP goodness, i'm all for it. gives us something to look forward to and digest separately. nom nom.
  • norm wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

you expect what from here? ;)

no kidding. has he not seen all of the other "may not exist" threads? philly boots, full NA tour, need I go on?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    veddertown wrote:
    yes, I like Backspacer too (listening to it as I type). My only points were:

a) it's only 38 minutes long, leaving much room for more music
    b) Ed said the songs that didn't make the album are too good to be pimped out as b-sides.

I still don't buy the cohesive piece of art argument, because to me, a few of these seem pretty clearly to be ITW leftovers. I love leftovers, by the way. Who knows. I was just curious.

Yeah I must admit I love a PJ album to be closer to the hour mark but if all the songs had been on it there would be more to criticize and they obviously weren't happy to put it all on the same disc. At least we got a good 38 minutes (apart from Supersonic, sorry). We can only look forward to what's in store and no, I don't really go along with the cohesive art argument either. I do miss B-sides though :(

I LOVE SUPERSONIC! :o

Yeah?!?!?!?!?! :o:cry::o:cry: :evil: