Olympics - Own the Podium - Backfires

2»

Comments

• most golds by a hosting country EVER, and tied for most golds at a winter olympics EVER.

if that's not success, i dont know what is.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Solat13 wrote:
    With the gold in curling tonight, Canada just tied the record for most golds by any country for a Winter Olympics with 13. They are now tied with the U.S.S.R. in 1976 and Norway in 2002.

So I think the title of this thread is really wrong at this point ... ;) .

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/art ... wD9E4RJ900

Yay!!

Whatever the final outcome may be, and ignoring the continuous debate, I believe that Canada has done extremely well these Olympic games, and I am very proud of our athletes' accomplishments!! It has been a very exciting Olympics!

Well done!
    Well said!
  • Rygar wrote:
    Solat13 wrote:
    With the gold in curling tonight, Canada just tied the record for most golds by any country for a Winter Olympics with 13. They are now tied with the U.S.S.R. in 1976 and Norway in 2002.

So I think the title of this thread is really wrong at this point ... ;) .

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/art ... wD9E4RJ900

Yay!!

Whatever the final outcome may be, and ignoring the continuous debate, I believe that Canada has done extremely well these Olympic games, and I am very proud of our athletes' accomplishments!! It has been a very exciting Olympics!

Well done!
    Well said!

I second that emotion. Great job by all our athletes, they've done our country proud :D
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    most golds by a hosting country EVER, and tied for most golds at a winter olympics EVER.

if that's not success, i dont know what is.

It is very successful, I think in the years to come it will only get better, I tend to think these Olympics were a product of Calgary and the training facilities there, now with the training facilities in Vancouver it should really help.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Most golds at a winter olympics ever.
    I think for the most part we showed a lot of class to the competiting countries and their atheletes (big ovation for Miller and Cho(sp?) during their respective medal presentations, etc).

It is still a shame the fellow from Georgia died when this all began.

Animated-Flag-Canada.gif

While 'Own The Podium' was not a good idea, for a number of reasons, I think we did A-OK as far as medals go.