I got SCREWED by a fellow 10c Member!!!! Advice?

2»

Comments

• dunkman wrote:
    not cousins, but you're clearly both nuts. :thumbup:

Very good!! :clap:
  • you are not the only one. I had the same problem with Lukinreprise. I was able to get my money back via Paypal.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,497
    Am I the only one that received CD's from Lukinreprise's latest cd/vinyl offer? :|
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,053
    demetrios wrote:
    Am I the only one that received CD's from Lukinreprise's latest cd/vinyl offer? :|

nope....
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    PJ_Lukin wrote:
    How sad is it when you are better off buying a poster from Ebay than you are from right here in the Pit? Fucking sad state of affairs around here lately.
    not really sad at all

it's that people turn a black eye to this type of thing in the fanclub and never think it happens

this is further proof why ebay is the best way to go

i hope people look at this as a buyer beware for buying merch from fellow fans
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,989
    Each has a story...

I've sold over 40 prints. Only about 4 of them at ebeans and the rest to fans here. I bought them to decorate my home, but realized I dont have that many walls or enough money to ever frame even half of them, so I have made some people some really great deal here and have never once had anyone complain (oops, once I did forget to wrap the poster in craft paper first though :oops: sorry)

I have made a ton of buys here from a bunch of different folks too and never been screwed.

I think this case is the exception not the rule. Most folks on here are worthy of my trust.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Like everything, let the buyer beware.

Always pay with Paypal-if you get shafted at least you might get your cash back.
    Always remember: if it looks too good to be true, it probably is.

I tend to trust to my gut instinct, but throw a few emails out to the seller to just to confirm.

I trusted a complete randomer on another PJ board (I bought the PJ Laptop bag from him and it was a sizable amount of dollars) and he delivered. Not only did he deliver, he filled it with a pass, cd's, and other PJ stuff). Most people are trustworthy.

Just be smart...
    My Pearl Jam shows: 1 in 1995, 2 in 1998, 20 in 2003, 13 in 2006, 3 in 2007, 8 in 2008, 5 in 2009, 4 in 2010, 5 in 2012. EV: 8 in 2011, 1 in 2012. Brad: 1 in 1998, 1 in 2002.
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    redrock wrote:
    Kinsey wrote:
    'If you look at Lukinreprise's 'Viewing profile', he hasn't visited the forum since he posted a thread on 15 January apologising to people who hadn't received their packages, and promising to re-send them. He hasn't replied to pm's or emails..

Maybe something's happened to him. You never know. He could be seriously ill in hospital.
    Thats what i was thinking...
    Maybe we're just optimists? Well i mean except for the possibility of serious injury illness or death... that's not so optimistic...
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • zadarszadars Posts: 24
    bummer man. i recommend doing right by others and hope for the best. it all comes around, and just maybe this person will do what's right within a reasonable amount of time. if not, then they needed to steal from you more than you needed the pj stuff. in the end, it's all just stuff anyway. I know that doesn't make up for your lost $$, so in its place i'll send you something from my poster vault. PM me if you're interested.

What a generous offer,,,,,way COOl dude,,,,,WAY COOL!!!! I just love knowing that people like YOU are even around! :D
  • 5against1-5against1- Posts: 1,101
    Hate to say it but from the look of the guy on his profile pic I could easily pinpoint him as being shady, esp with his extremely low prices. If it sounds to good to be true it usually is. The same shit he ripped you guys off on is probablly sitting on ebay right now.
    This too shall pass.....
  • KinseyKinsey Posts: 197
    redrock wrote:
    Kinsey wrote:
    'If you look at Lukinreprise's 'Viewing profile', he hasn't visited the forum since he posted a thread on 15 January apologising to people who hadn't received their packages, and promising to re-send them. He hasn't replied to pm's or emails..

Maybe something's happened to him. You never know. He could be seriously ill in hospital.

Of course that's entirely possible. Hopefully that's not the case. However, an item was payed for (by me and several others) and not provided, so there's little option but to file a complaint.
    When we found the things we loved,
    They were crushed and dying in the dirt.
    We tried to pick up the pieces,
    And get away without getting hurt,
    But they caught us at the state line,
    And burned our cars in one last fight,
    And left us running burned and blind,
    Chasing something in the night.
  • Mcam55Mcam55 Posts: 1,407
    haffajappa wrote:
    redrock wrote:
    Kinsey wrote:

Thats what i was thinking...
    Maybe we're just optimists? Well i mean except for the possibility of serious injury illness or death... that's not so optimistic...

hes still around, hes just avoiding this place...his xbox name is the same as 10club name...hes been on xbox and a quick google search shows hes been posting on other message boards as recently as yesterday. Hes just a scumbag who stole peoples money...im gonna shoot him a message on xbox and see if I can a response.
  • KinseyKinsey Posts: 197
    That's not encouraging news. Can you say what the other boards are? I'd like to investigate a little myself, in case it's necessary for my Paypal dispute.
    When we found the things we loved,
    They were crushed and dying in the dirt.
    We tried to pick up the pieces,
    And get away without getting hurt,
    But they caught us at the state line,
    And burned our cars in one last fight,
    And left us running burned and blind,
    Chasing something in the night.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    perhaps a trader rating under our names would do the trick.

i've seen sevearl other forums with this feature...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    BTW - when I filed a paypal dispute against LukinReprise, paypal automatically filed it as closed. This is because the transaction was over 45 days ago. Then I filed a chargeback with Amex, since I paid via credit card thru Paypal.

Paying with Paypal via your bank account = "oh well" attitude from paypal
    Paying with Paypal via credit card = "here's your money back" attitude from credit card

...always pay with a credit card when using paypal. I've had to chargeback many items, and the CC companies have always given the money back to me "while investigating" and then ruled in my favor.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
    81 wrote:

I think we should put the names of traders on here who screw people in our sigs. I may have to do that, actually, since I've been screwed by 4 "traders" here on the porch in the last 12 months alone. And I don't buy that much.
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    CJMST3K wrote:
    81 wrote:

I think we should put the names of traders on here who screw people in our sigs. I may have to do that, actually, since I've been screwed by 4 "traders" here on the porch in the last 12 months alone. And I don't buy that much.
    that's pretty bad.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    Lizard wrote:
    CJMST3K wrote:
    81 wrote:

that's pretty bad.

I agree.

It should be simple:
    Guy A offers item for sale
    Guy B pays for item
    Guy A sends item as decribed

A lot of shitty people on here who don't have ethics. You know who you are...

(lots of good people on here too, but the rotten moldy scummy apples are hard to ignore)