USA vs Finland

lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
edited February 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Here we go.
I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BLACK35BLACK35 Posts: 22,697
    The americans better beat the Finns. I want a rematch :evil: :evil: :evil:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    BLACK35 wrote:
    The americans better beat the Finns. I want a rematch :evil: :evil: :evil:

Oh no, oh no no no. :twisted: We better kick some Yank arse. :x

:lol:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Hey USA - Don't F this one up!!!!

Nothing would be sweeter than facing the States in the Gold Medal Game
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    better wake up
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    The ins will be a tough one. Now I haven't seen any of their games, but I know from the past that they don't mind hitting and are pesky.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Can't underestimate the Finns. Swiss gave the US a good fight but ran out of gas by the time the third rolled around.
    Hard game to call, should be a dandy.
  • Does anyone else find it ridiculous that this game is on in the middle of the day on a Friday?? This is the medal round....these games should be in prime time!! It sucks that a majority of the country wont be able to watch since theyll be at work...myself included.
    Does anyone else find it ridiculous that this game is on in the middle of the day on a Friday?? This is the medal round....these games should be in prime time!! It sucks that a majority of the country wont be able to watch since theyll be at work...myself included.
    Well they will want to avoid the two games at the same time, but at least late afternoon would be better.
  • If USA can play like they did against the Swiss, I like our chances... Shots were 32-8 after 2 periods... Kiprusoff is good, but I don't think that he can battle like Hiller.

Just keep working, skating, hitting, and everything will be good.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Does anyone else find it ridiculous that this game is on in the middle of the day on a Friday?? This is the medal round....these games should be in prime time!! It sucks that a majority of the country wont be able to watch since theyll be at work...myself included.

canadians have to get the prime time game

sucks but who wants to hear them cry :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    If USA can play like they did against the Swiss, I like our chances... Shots were 32-8 after 2 periods... Kiprusoff is good, but I don't think that he can battle like Hiller.

Just keep working, skating, hitting, and everything will be good.
    The Fins skaters are a lot better than the Swiss though. Should be a good battle.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • Rygar wrote:
    Well they will want to avoid the two games at the same time, but at least late afternoon would be better.

Yeah, at least late afternoon. It just seems kinda dumb to be playing that big of a game in the middle of the day. I might have to fake sick and go home from work early... :)
    Rygar wrote:

Yeah, at least late afternoon. It just seems kinda dumb to be playing that big of a game in the middle of the day. I might have to fake sick and go home from work early... :)
    You probably won't be the only one, hehe
  • Rygar wrote:

If I'm reading the schedule right on nbcolympics.com, US game is at 3PM ET, and Canada at 9:30 ET... You'd think they could push the US game to like 5 or something.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln

If I'm reading the schedule right on nbcolympics.com, US game is at 3PM ET, and Canada at 9:30 ET... You'd think they could push the US game to like 5 or something.
    3 ET isn't too bad, I was thinking it was at 12 or something. There is still room to fit it in before the other game though.
  • If I'm reading the schedule right on nbcolympics.com, US game is at 3PM ET, and Canada at 9:30 ET... You'd think they could push the US game to like 5 or something.

Whoever's making these schedules is on crack.

GO USA!!!
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • RoughMixRoughMix Posts: 385
    Rygar wrote:

Tape it.
    "They don't give a shit Keith Moon is dead,
    is that exactly what I thought I read."
  • RoughMix wrote:
    Rygar wrote:

Tape it.

I will definitely DVR it, but the chances of me not knowing the outcome by the time I get home from work are slim to none. Between the internet, people at work and the radio on the drive home, it would be damn near impossible.
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Posts: 22,697
    Rygar wrote:

If the canadians played in mid afternoon during work day. I'm sure there would be a huge flu bug through the whole country that day :D
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    BLACK35 wrote:
    Rygar wrote:

If the canadians played in mid afternoon during work day. I'm sure there would be a huge flu bug through the whole country that day :D
    No, it would be a temporary holiday. No excuse required ;)
  • BLACK35 wrote:
    Rygar wrote:

I think the whole country might just shut down. I do find it amazing how the entire country is so invested in it's hockey team. Nothing even close to that in the US.
    I think the whole country might just shut down. I do find it amazing how the entire country is so invested in it's hockey team. Nothing even close to that in the US.
    We do love hockey.
  • BLACK35 wrote:

not nationwide, city to city tho kinda.

i know in pittsburgh monday night football causes serious unpenalized no-shows all over the city on both monday and tuesday.

and every time we win a superbowl or a stanley cup it is an absolute holiday for the victory parades
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here
  • BLACK35 wrote:

i know in pittsburgh monday night football causes serious unpenalized no-shows all over the city on both monday and tuesday.

and every time we win a superbowl or a stanley cup it is an absolute holiday for the victory parades

Oh yeah, obviously its like that on a city by city basis. But the fact that a whole country is behind one team like that is pretty amazing.
  • ^no doubt
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here

Oh yeah, obviously its like that on a city by city basis. But the fact that a whole country is behind one team like that is pretty amazing.
    Probably one of the few times we'll all get along, too.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    Buffalo
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Buffalo
    Valencia.
  • Does anyone else find it ridiculous that this game is on in the middle of the day on a Friday?? This is the medal round....these games should be in prime time!! It sucks that a majority of the country wont be able to watch since theyll be at work...myself included.

Pretty sure there was a schedule before they knew who was playing ;)