Open marriages

2»

Comments

• cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131
    dcfaithful wrote:
    cdp1223 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

Just curious, are there people you know and have in mind that you'd like to begin a relationship with given your husband gave his approval?

Yes...a few. :lol: I have a crush on everyone.

You must have not seen me around with my Ronnie James Dio avatar. :? :lol:

Ohhhh man. Don't tempt me! :lol:
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    cdp1223 wrote:

Holy (muff)Diver? :roll: :lol:

:thumbup:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    dcfaithful wrote:
    cdp1223 wrote:

Holy (muff)Diver? :roll: :lol:

:thumbup:

HAHAHA!! :D
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    I have no experience with open marriage myself but I have had a few close friends who tried to have open, long-term relationships and they were ultimately not really too successful.

From the outside, they seemed to be heavily weighted towards the freedom of one person while the other had a very stressful position--loving someone enough to agree to the open relationship but living with the uncertainty of knowing the whole thing could fall apart at any time... It was very easy to see how unbalanced their relationships were. People got hurt. People became emotionally exhausted.

I think a set-up like this is just a way to avoid accepting the reality that good relationships sometimes cost you the experience of having sex with other attractive people.

Maybe you really just need to end your marriage so you can pursue your interest in other people?
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • justam wrote:
    I have no experience with open marriage myself but I have had a few close friends who tried to have open, long-term relationships and they were ultimately not really too successful.

From the outside, they seemed to be heavily weighted towards the freedom of one person while the other had a very stressful position--loving someone enough to agree to the open relationship but living with the uncertainty of knowing the whole thing could fall apart at any time... It was very easy to see how unbalanced their relationships were. People got hurt. People became emotionally exhausted.

I think a set-up like this is just a way to avoid accepting the reality that good relationships sometimes cost you the experience of having sex with other attractive people.

Maybe you really just need to end your marriage so you can pursue your interest in other people?

yuck... that isn't a healthy way to live. Both people have to WANT to do it... otherwise it is a no-go. Yes, it does exist! But you're right... many of these relationships are done for the benefit of him and, surprisingly, most of the time it is for HER. (look at the typical swinger couple... old crusty rich dude with hot young trophy wife)
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
    justam wrote:

Like I said before, this is not at all about my marriage. I am in a fucking awesome marriage and this is definitely not a dealbreaker in any fashion.
    You are absolutely right about the complications and difficulty emotionally that this type of thing can bring though. And if he wasn't for it 100%, it would never happen.

Mostly this is just about playing, for me, really. I think my attitude towards sex is just a lot more casual than most. I guess I should have been around in the 60's (or 70's or 80's). :lol:
  • Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    Yoko Ono had another woman living with her and John Lennon just so he could fuck both of them. She said his sexual appetitie was stronger than hers, so it was allowed. It was also allowed so he could get variety. He had experienced so much sex, just by being a Beatle, that he needed more stimulating than normal guys.

I am amazed that so many are okay with this, but I personally know of some people who are.
    I know on couple where the guy has his wife watch while he screws hookers. It is the only way he can get off.

I knew a guy who had worked as a bouncer for woman who stripped. They mostly did it at private parties, but it made him so not able to get turned on and get off, that he would have to go to extremes in sex. Like, he had women walk on his back with high heels. He had one woman he used to pee on him. He would tell her all these fruits she had to eat, and then she would come over his house.

I don't know all the gritty details, but he did strange stuff.
    I am guessing that is what happens after you have you have experienced all of your fantasies and other stuff and need more just to get off.

My fear is that rapists and child molesters are bred out of this type of behavior. They just have to go to extremes, and/or experience the taboo to get off.
    Save room for dessert!
  • cdp1223 wrote:
    justam wrote:

Like I said before, this is not at all about my marriage. I am in a fucking awesome marriage and this is definitely not a dealbreaker in any fashion.
    You are absolutely right about the complications and difficulty emotionally that this type of thing can bring though. And if he wasn't for it 100%, it would never happen.

Mostly this is just about playing, for me, really. I think my attitude towards sex is just a lot more casual than most. I guess I should have been around in the 60's (or 70's or 80's). :lol:

There are a few other things that are kinda important questions too.. like, will your husband be having actual sex with this other lady? Are there any limitations on what the 'other' girl and your husband can do?
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    Heatherj43 wrote:
    Yoko Ono had another woman living with her and John Lennon just so he could fuck both of them. She said his sexual appetitie was stronger than hers, so it was allowed. It was also allowed so he could get variety. He had experienced so much sex, just by being a Beatle, that he needed more stimulating than normal guys.

I am amazed that so many are okay with this, but I personally know of some people who are.
    I know on couple where the guy has his wife watch while he screws hookers. It is the only way he can get off.

I knew a guy who had worked as a bouncer for woman who stripped. They mostly did it at private parties, but it made him so not able to get turned on and get off, that he would have to go to extremes in sex. Like, he had women walk on his back with high heels. He had one woman he used to pee on him. He would tell her all these fruits she had to eat, and then she would come over his house.

I don't know all the gritty details, but he did strange stuff.
    I am guessing that is what happens after you have you have experienced all of your fantasies and other stuff and need more just to get off.

My fear is that rapists and child molesters are bred out of this type of behavior. They just have to go to extremes, and/or experience the taboo to get off.

Woah....yeah, I don't think that anything I have hinted at has been even 1/10th as freaky as any of that. Yikes!
  • Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    edited February 2010
    Another thing I feel is that if my husband cheated and it was just sex, I could deal with that easier than if he fell in love with someone else, even if they didn't have sex!!
    Him being emotionally in love with someone else means way worse!!
    Sex is just an act as long as emotions don't get involved, however, the biggest sex organ we have is the brain. So, I feel that if anyone thinks someone else is better in bed than another person, its cuz they have an emotion connection.

Ah...the twists and turns of love!!

BTW, I was in my late teens in the early 70's!
    Post edited by Heatherj43 on
    Save room for dessert!
    There are a few other things that are kinda important questions too.. like, will your husband be having actual sex with this other lady? Are there any limitations on what the 'other' girl and your husband can do?

Fair is fair. I would want to adopt a strictly don't ask, don't tell policy. As long as it was legal, safe and consensual...I don't want to know.

But right now, this is just an ACADEMIC EXERCISE. None of this is happening yet. So obviously there are always details that are going to through a wrench into the works.

The fun is talking about it openly in a place where I won't be judged (hopefully!) :D
  • cdp1223 wrote:

Fair is fair. I would want to adopt a strictly don't ask, don't tell policy. As long as it was legal, safe and consensual...I don't want to know.

But right now, this is just an ACADEMIC EXERCISE. None of this is happening yet. So obviously there are always details that are going to through a wrench into the works.

The fun is talking about it openly in a place where I won't be judged (hopefully!) :D

Ok, that is the kinda thing that needs to be figured out beforehand. I have known people in this type of situatoin that have a threesome, but the husband is not allowed penetration on the 'other girl'. But I always figured that once the ball(s) starts rolling and something ends up in someone else's mouth, that it might get out of hand.. and often the wife might find she doesnt like it after all.

So, my point is, if you dont have any limitations on what your husband can do to the 'other girl', you might be fine. But I think if there are limitations, it could (more likely) turn out bad. Mostly because, (unfortunately, as opposed to what Heather said about the biggest sex organ being tha brain, I disagree in some cases. The biggest sex organ for some MEN, is the skin).
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    cdp1223 wrote:

Perhaps foolish at this point in the thread, but you're female, correct?

BTW, no judging coming from me :)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:

Yes I'm a lady! A lady who is swiftly earning a bad reputation around these parts... :twisted:
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    edited February 2010
    cdp1223 wrote:

Honestly, I think if you have a wonderful marriage, you're likely to ruin it by playing this game. Try it. See what happens. :geek:

If you value your husband, I think you may be trading away more than you are gaining.
    Post edited by justam on
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    cdp1223 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

Yes I'm a lady! A lady who is swiftly earning a bad reputation around these parts... :twisted:

Not really, but give me a call if your hubby approves ;):lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    cdp1223 wrote:

You dirty pirate hooker!
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
    eyedclaar wrote:

You dirty pirate hooker!

It's so true!!! :cry::cry::cry:
    eyedclaar wrote:
    cdp1223 wrote:

You dirty pirate hooker!

ron-burgundy.jpg
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Marriage and fucking dont go hand in hand???

hehehehehehehehehehehe..........

You beat me to it.

I was thinking that marriage had a lot to do with fucking your hand ;)

Anyway, if I was single, I would find a girl as disgusting as me to pose as my wife so we could go to swingers parties and bang strange chooch by the metric ton.

Then again, Tiger Woods is my hero, so what the fuck do I know?