Open marriages

cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131
edited February 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Anybody have experience on this topic?
Just putting out feelers (yeah that sounds gross) before launching into all my theories, questions, etc.... :?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    No experience, but the first thing that comes to mine is "Why bother getting married?" if that's what a person wants to do.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Open Marriage???

Whats that???

You are allowed to fuck all her friends????

Is that what you mean by "Open Marriage"????
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131
    know1 wrote:
    No experience, but the first thing that comes to mine is "Why bother getting married?" if that's what a person wants to do.

I'm guessing you aren't married? I don't know.
    Marriage and fucking sometimes don't go hand in hand.
  • Marriage and fucking dont go hand in hand???

hehehehehehehehehehehe..........
    Open Marriage???

Whats that???

Not exactly. For example, I know several couples with a sort of "don't ask, don't tell" policy with regards to travelling for business out of town.

I think the idea is usually that you have a great relationship and marriage and therefore don't want to get divorced, but perhaps one person has more sexual needs than the other for whatever reason or wants to explore something different. The Savage Love column has covered a decent amount.

But seriously, I am not talking about cheating or fucking friends, etc. It is more about people who have a relationship where they have openly discussed something like this with their partner and it has worked out ok.
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    Open Marriage???

Whats that???

Pretty sure that's what the OP is talking about, and while that sounds great, her being allowed to fuck all of your friends comes along with it I would guess.

though most of my friends are not very fuckable people, so I guess it could all work out . ;)
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • cdp1223 wrote:
    know1 wrote:

I didn't realize Tiger was a Pearl Jam fan... Cool!
    Can you help with my 4 iron?
    GoiMTvP.gif
    Haha....here's the twist to my situation. I like ladies. I am married to a man. This complicates things. Sometimes I want to be with a lady, but I would NEVER cheat on my husband. I would want him to be aware and ok with everything that was going on. I just wouldn't really want to share the experience with him.

For me, sex is a very separate thing from love or emotion a lot of times. (I screw like a fratboy I guess.) So to me, this would have nothing to do with my marriage, which is awesome. I realize this is a particularly individual approach (read: selfish) to fucking, but it's just how I think about things. I think my husband would actually be ok with it too, because it would give him certain liberties as well.
  • cdp1223 wrote:
    know1 wrote:

I didn't realize Tiger was a Pearl Jam fan... Cool!
    Can you help with my 4 iron?

LMAO

That was awesome!!
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    cdp1223 wrote:
    Haha....here's the twist to my situation. I like ladies. I am married to a man. This complicates things. Sometimes I want to be with a lady, but I would NEVER cheat on my husband. I would want him to be aware and ok with everything that was going on. I just wouldn't really want to share the experience with him.

For me, sex is a very separate thing from love or emotion a lot of times. (I screw like a fratboy I guess.) So to me, this would have nothing to do with my marriage, which is awesome. I realize this is a particularly individual approach (read: selfish) to fucking, but it's just how I think about things. I think my husband would actually be ok with it too, because it would give him certain liberties as well.

You're basically wanting to enter the lifestyle of a swinger, right?

Sadly, I think people of the same thinking are rare. It's difficult for many people to be emotionally linked to someone bu tthen allow them to go have an intimate realtion with others (male, or female it doesn't matter).

It seems like this is something that needs to be proposed, definitely. But I woul djust think you'd want to take precaution with asking this incase your husband takes it a way that you least expected.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • cdp1223 wrote:

Ok...

I will ask...

If your husband comes home tonight and tells you he wants his buddy Nick, or Joe, Or Bubba......To fuck him like an animal....

How would you handle this???

And I cant believe I just asked that question....hehehehehehe
    cdp1223 wrote:
    Open Marriage???

Whats that???

Not exactly. For example, I know several couples with a sort of "don't ask, don't tell" policy with regards to travelling for business out of town.

I think the idea is usually that you have a great relationship and marriage and therefore don't want to get divorced, but perhaps one person has more sexual needs than the other for whatever reason or wants to explore something different. The Savage Love column has covered a decent amount.

But seriously, I am not talking about cheating or fucking friends, etc. It is more about people who have a relationship where they have openly discussed something like this with their partner and it has worked out ok.

Swingers.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    NOT SWINGERS.

The swinging lifestyle is VERY often group oriented. Partner-exchange, etc. I am not interested in that AT ALL. Also, most swingers are totally gross.

I have specific people in mind which is also sort of different from the swinger style of fucking.

And yes, if my husband came home and told me he wanted to fuck _____ (insert name here) I would be fine with that. Not kidding.
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Never had one, don't think I'd like it very much. Talk to your husband, see how he feels about it, perhaps your interest in woman could be accomodated with the marriage?
  • cdp1223 wrote:
    Just putting out feelers (yeah that sounds gross) before launching into all my theories, questions, etc.... :?

How long have you been married?
    Have you always had these urges to be with another woman, or is it new? if so, did your husband know about it when you got married?

Wow, and it just occurred to me that you are a PJ fan. Many people here might say that he is one lucky man. ;)
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    Well, a guy who is on the fence about this idea may possibly be swayed in favor because you'd only be interested in a woman, which doesn't compete with his "equipment". But from anything I've heard on LoveLine years ago, adding a third person only complicates things, more potentially negatively.

It would bug me a lot if my GF had an interest in someone else, however it would bug me less if it were another woman.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • cdp1223 wrote:
    NOT SWINGERS.

The swinging lifestyle is VERY often group oriented. Partner-exchange, etc. I am not interested in that AT ALL. Also, most swingers are totally gross.

I have specific people in mind which is also sort of different from the swinger style of fucking.

And yes, if my husband came home and told me he wanted to fuck _____ (insert name here) I would be fine with that. Not kidding.

Yes, I have been in mostly open relationships..

Not a big fan of most people who are in the lifestyle though... lots of creepy people. Be careful!

It is important to keep it safe and not a regular thing. Sex can be very addicting and the lifestyle has ruined many marriages.

Make sure you both understand ALL the rules before doing anything. Who can do what, WHY you are doing it, how often (once a month or less is a good one), when you can stop, understanding that it CAN stop at anytime... trust is a must. If there is any lack of trust... don't do it. Open communication is vital.

By the way, it can be traumatizing for some people the first time. Some people think "yeah no biggie I can do that" but when it comes time to talk turkey, they realize it is a big deal.
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
    cdp1223 wrote:
    NOT SWINGERS.

Yeah, I was just curious if that's what you were into, but you're not.

Just curious, are there people you know and have in mind that you'd like to begin a relationship with given your husband gave his approval?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    cdp1223 wrote:

How long have you been married?
    Have you always had these urges to be with another woman, or is it new? if so, did your husband know about it when you got married?

Wow, and it just occurred to me that you are a PJ fan. Many people here might say that he is one lucky man. ;)

I have been married almost 2 years. Been living together about 5. I dated women before we were married. Yes he knows about it.

And yeah, posting on this topic is going to make me either REALLY popular at pre-parties....or everyone is going to run the fuck away from me! :lol:
    CJMST3K wrote:
    Well, a guy who is on the fence about this idea may possibly be swayed in favor because you'd only be interested in a woman, which doesn't compete with his "equipment". But from anything I've heard on LoveLine years ago, adding a third person only complicates things, more potentially negatively.

It would bug me a lot if my GF had an interest in someone else, however it would bug me less if it were another woman.

Haha loveline. Thanks for that old gem. We all know that Dr. Drew's advice never fails! :D
    dcfaithful wrote:

Just curious, are there people you know and have in mind that you'd like to begin a relationship with given your husband gave his approval?

Yes...a few. :lol: I have a crush on everyone.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    cdp1223 wrote:
    And yeah, posting on this topic is going to make me REALLY popular at pre-parties....and everyone is going to fuck me! :lol:

edited that for ya ;):mrgreen:
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Your husband is probably going to want to join in.
  • in the language of the SLS website (look it up if you don't know)

pictures please...

Steve Nash photo... Canada or Phoenix?
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
    norm wrote:
    cdp1223 wrote:
    And yeah, posting on this topic is going to make me REALLY popular at pre-parties....and everyone is going to fuck me! :lol:

Norm, I've had eyes for you ever since the first time I saw your avatar. Tread lightly, my friend. :twisted: Rawr!
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    cdp1223 wrote:
    norm wrote:
    cdp1223 wrote:

Norm, I've had eyes for you ever since the first time I saw your avatar. Tread lightly, my friend. :twisted: Rawr!

you got the hots for ted knight?!?! :wtf:

you are kinky! :thumbup: :think: :wave:
    norm wrote:
    you got the hots for ted knight?!?! :wtf:

HELLS YEAH. He is so pithy and snarky. Gimme some of that!
    norm wrote:
    you are kinky! :thumbup: :think: :wave:

YOU HAVE NO IDEA. (Oh wait. Maybe you do after I posted this thread....d'oh)
  • While I really can't form an opinion about the 'marriage' part, you have to be ready for it to have an unimaginable affect on your relationship. It could be the greatest thing and test the strength that the two of you possess as a couple, or it could turn SO horribly ugly before you even have a chance to stop it.

You should know your husband well enough to know how he may react to such suggestions, at the same time, if he knows about your previous experiment, this shouldn't shock him the least bit. But, are you worried at all about his feelings towards it? What if he is completely appalled that you even suggested it and then questions your true intentions from here forward? Or, what if he gets a bit too 'into it', will you take offense to his actions to the third party.

Speaking from my own experience, I dont think it does the fantasy justice. Or, maybe it just wasnt as good as it could have been.

To me, this suggestion means that maybe the relationship just isnt really cutting it anymore. Its one thing to explore other ideas to keep things exciting, but, by adding an additional party to the mix, brings up way too many feelings and emotions for it to ever just be 'fun and meaningless'... IMO and my personal experiences.

But, good luck!!!
    Thanks for the thoughtful response. A lot of really good points. I have thought of all of those risks/rewards. And yeah, at this point, I don't know if it is worth it for me or not. That's why I'm asking around on here for other experiences. This is pretty much my safe zone for all the shit I can't talk to my "real life" friends about.
    I can be a total freak on here and get away with it! :D
    cdp1223 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

Yes...a few. :lol: I have a crush on everyone.

You must have not seen me around with my Ronnie James Dio avatar. :? :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL