how rare is...

tatpiercedchicktatpiercedchick Posts: 5
edited February 2010 in The Porch
backspacer on white anyway?? is it that extreamly rare? im more of numbers kind of person with pressing, and i dont think pj is huge on pressing info anyway. and how would i go about getting backspacer on white if i just picked it up at my local record store? im not going to drop $3275.00 on something i know nothing about the info.. someone hit it up!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SolarWorldSolarWorld Posts: 1,902
    That is not going to be in your local record store for sale. Promo item, I would guess less than 100 exist and were sent out to people that were more likely to keep them than sell them. Which means even less on the market. Right now apparently the market for a white lp of backspacer is 3Gs+.
  • nah, dime a dozen. Don't fall for the hype
  • yeah really i wish. fisting.

but really... here is another one for sale on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT

just cant think of spending that kinda cash.
  • yep, I agree. 3g goes a long way towards other things - nappies, food, mortgage etc, just saying! :twisted:
  • id have a reeenk roink with change over one of these... if i could choose...
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,563
    id have a reeenk roink with change over one of these... if i could choose...

Exactly!
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,054

totally, at least (whatever your views on collecting stupidly priced items), at least with the reeenk you are buying a piece of history, your buying a story......i love that about the reeenk...
  • pdalowsky wrote:

totally, at least (whatever your views on collecting stupidly priced items), at least with the reeenk you are buying a piece of history, your buying a story......i love that about the reeenk...

so we will have to wait another 20 years to find out which is worth more..both in value and as a collector..i want both..
  • arqarq Posts: 8,012
    I rather have a beer with the boys :angel:
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
    arq wrote:
    I rather have a beer with the boys :angel:

wait a minute option c) wasnt there before!!! ;)
    pdalowsky wrote:

so we will have to wait another 20 years to find out which is worth more..both in value and as a collector..i want both..

treat yourself Kev, the missus wont mind.....
  • can i go for option c at your house...get you shit faced and borrow yours for 20 years..ill bring a beer or two

oww and can i have a couple of other items...

p.s ebay is empty what do i do
    can i go for option c at your house...get you shit faced and borrow yours for 20 years..ill bring a beer or two

oww and can i have a couple of other items...

p.s ebay is empty what do i do

i know, i hate it when the pickings are this slim......
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,506
    It's funny that the one's who have a white vinyl copy of Backspacer in their hand's are flipping them on eBay. Does anybody here have one that won't flip it? Like keep it in their Pearl Jam collection for more then a few month's or year's? It's like the same that happen to the orange Fixer 7" singles. Each few day's Twitter posted the single was available @ a certain record store, hour's later you could find it on eBay. How many of these limited edition Backspacer goodies will make it's way to a Pearl Jam fan outside or inside the 10club community that WON'T flip it?

Just saying!
    demetrios wrote:
    It's funny that the one's who have a white vinyl copy of Backspacer in their hand's are flipping them on eBay. Does anybody here have one that won't flip it? Like keep it in their Pearl Jam collection for more then a few month's or year's? It's like the same that happen to the orange Fixer 7" singles. Each few day's Twitter posted the single was available @ a certain record store, hour's later you could find it on eBay. How many of these limited edition Backspacer goodies will make it's way to a Pearl Jam fan outside or inside the 10club community that WON'T flip it?

Just saying!
    or even D outside of the states?

we had to wait ages for the fixer orange contest......and it ended up low key on twitter.....

i understand so far the only backspacer white vinyls have been availlable in america
  • I've got one that I won in a contest from the 10club...

I was shocked what it went for on ebay!!! I won't be flipping mine. I figure that if I didn't have it, it would be something I would love to get my hands on. I feel lucky enough to say that I have one...so I'm keeping it!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
    I've got one that I won in a contest from the 10club...

I was shocked what it went for on ebay!!! I won't be flipping mine. I figure that if I didn't have it, it would be something I would love to get my hands on. I feel lucky enough to say that I have one...so I'm keeping it!

good for you....this is nice to hear

its a valuable item and we will soon see how much value was added through it being Tom Tomorrows copy
  • pdalowsky wrote:

good for you....this is nice to hear

its a valuable item and we will soon see how much value was added through it being Tom Tomorrows copy

no really good for you. i am a collector and i would want to flip both those records if i REALLY needed the money, down in the dumps, or just to maybe pay for some of my trip following pearl jam which i would think is a hell of a lot better then just selling it to say i had a copy.
  • JzPJzP Posts: 933
    That's pretty crazy I'm big into vinyl but I draw the line. It's pointless to have music that expensive.
    ~JzP
  • JzPJzP Posts: 933
    Speaking of vinyl I am looking for a copy of Yield??
    ~JzP
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,506

I remember! It was from the Mozes txt message Pearl Jam contest.
    Congrats! :D
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    demetrios wrote:

I remember! It was from the Mozes txt message Pearl Jam contest.
    Congrats! :D

Yeah, thats the one, I got the text 2 weeks late because I was grounded from my phone, the contest was over :cry: , I've never been more angry with my parents in my life! :evil: