Pearl Jam Onesies...

starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
edited February 2010 in The Porch
I have a son coming in May... I bought the blue lightning bolt one a few months ago, but I'd like to have one with the stickman on it. I'm not into the puke green Backspacer one or the bland wings one. Skulls aren't going to cut it for a newborn...

I need a stickman one that doesn;t say "I Got Shit" on the butt! I like it... but when you're showing the baby in public... well... I'm from a smaller town. Does anyone know where I can get a stickman one without the swearing on the back?

p.s. I love swearing but some people don't. Just trying to be PC here.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• B MerksB Merks Posts: 209
    Goods section has them - order through the 10 club - my daughter has one (one of each onesie- she loves eddie) and loves the shit outta it and the stickman to her is eddie hahah i have a baby due in april gettin one for that kid too
    Brian Merkle
  • starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    right, but i need one that doesn;t say "i got shit" on it. lol.
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576

I hear ya. It's kind of tacky to put coarse language on a baby item. Love that onesie but won't buy it because of that. It just makes the parents look irresponsible. That's just my opinion.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • youngster wrote:

I hear ya. It's kind of tacky to put coarse language on a baby item. Love that onesie but won't buy it because of that. It just makes the parents look irresponsible. That's just my opinion.

gimme a break. maybe if the kid could read, but on a baby (especially on the bum) it's just kinda funny.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • CraneCrane Posts: 192
    Ah I can understand why people wouldn't buy it. I'm getting one for my little cousin who's born in less than two weeks. Either the blur or green one, not sure yet. I'm starting him/her early. And they'll have a cousin named Eddie too. They're on the right road :)
    "The mind is a wonderfull thing to be altered"

The Point, Dublin 2006
    Bercy, Paris September 11, 2006
    ISS Dome, Dusseldorf, 2007
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,054
    I got all 4 from tenclub

and a stickman one from eBay - it was about 6 bucks and was newborn size. Perfect. He left hospital in it :)
  • pdalowsky wrote:
    I got all 4 from tenclub

and a stickman one from eBay - it was about 6 bucks and was newborn size. Perfect. He left hospital in it :)
    me too...and im not a father.. :lol::lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • youngster wrote:

its really in a spot that is always covered by pants. Buy it and put pants on it when the kid is wearing that one. If you are going to put your baby in a onesie and not put pants on them just dont use that one, problem solved.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,358
    youngster wrote:

gimme a break. maybe if the kid could read, but on a baby (especially on the bum) it's just kinda funny.

Exactly. People need to lighten up a bit.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • loadedgunloadedgun Posts: 1,389
    pdalowsky wrote:
    I got all 4 from tenclub

You left the hospital wearing a onesie? How tall are you?
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
  • loadedgun wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:
    I got all 4 from tenclub

You left the hospital wearing a onesie? How tall are you?
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    the way i look at it... it's my fuckin kid ... and yes i said fuckin there to be ironic ;)

people are going to attempt to tell you how to raise him/her ... some of it will be helpful... most of it will be telling you how you're doing it wrong

i think people worry too much about being PC...

i wouldn't bring the kid to church in it... but chillin with the friends?? why not?

the skull is kick ass... i've seen a few babys with it on in person and they look like little goth rock stars... it's quite funny actually

and i've seen the green backspacer and it's not puke green... it's a decent shade

bottom line... do whatever you want

look at this kid... he's got I GOT SHIT on his ass... and look at the honey's he's pulling ;)
    4156379324_aba3d67047.jpg
  • the way i look at it... it's my fuckin kid ... and yes i said fuckin there to be ironic ;)

people are going to attempt to tell you how to raise him/her ... some of it will be helpful... most of it will be telling you how you're doing it wrong

i think people worry too much about being PC...

i wouldn't bring the kid to church in it... but chillin with the friends?? why not?

the skull is kick ass... i've seen a few babys with it on in person and they look like little goth rock stars... it's quite funny actually

and i've seen the green backspacer and it's not puke green... it's a decent shade

bottom line... do whatever you want

look at this kid... he's got I GOT SHIT on his ass... and look at the honey's he's pulling ;)
    4156379324_aba3d67047.jpg
    love this foto ,,i saw it in facebook..so beautiful!!
  • arqarq Posts: 8,012
    pdalowsky wrote:
    I got all 4 from tenclub

You didn't need a birth certificate, if i see a newborn coming out of the hospital wearing a PJ onesie that MUST be Dalowsky jr!
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Diggy381Diggy381 Posts: 165
    A friend of mine had a baby a while back (before 10c started selling onesies) and I got one from this place:

http://yayarocks.com/products.php?o=bnd&f=Pearl%20Jam

They are no doubt expensive but it was of decent quality.
  • Diggy381 wrote:
    A friend of mine had a baby a while back (before 10c started selling onesies) and I got one from this place:

HELLO, copyright infringement! ;)
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Bird889Bird889 Posts: 423
    well, I've been buying the onesies as gifts ever since they showed up in the store. There has been one or two parents that i wan't sure how'd they would react...but ended up cool with it. I love them, and may stock up on them so that would be all my future grandkids need to wear.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to
    slide in sideways, BBQ sandwich in one hand, cold beer in the other,
    body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "Woo Hoo what a
    ride"!
    Unknown

• nevmilesnevmiles Posts: 1,363
    edited February 2010
    youngster wrote:
    It just makes the parents look irresponsible. That's just my opinion.

Guess I'm irresponsible :?

And it's on the "butt", so you can easily put pants on the baby and the "offensive" language won't show . . that's what i did..... yeah, lighten up please.

Putting your child's life or well being in danger is being irresponsible. Not dressing them in clothes with an 'offensive' word on it in a location that can easily be hidden.
    Post edited by nevmiles on
    Barrie 08/22/98
    Montreal 10/04/00
    Toronto 10/05/00
    Toronto 06/28/03
    Kitchener 09/11/05
    Ottawa 09/16/05
    Toronto 08/21/09
    Toronto 09/11/11
    Ottawa 09/14/11
    Buffalo 10/12/13
    Ottawa 05/08/16
    Chicago 08/20/18
    Ottawa 09/03/22
    Nashville 09/16/22
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,253
    youngster wrote:

How is this irresponsible?????? People definitely need to lighten the fuck up. Why give a fuck what other parents might think anyway? You gotta get the "I Got Shit" onsie.
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    Diggy381 wrote:

HELLO, copyright infringement! ;)
    bottom of the page says "All Yaya Rocks merchandise is officially licensed by the bands "

hmmmmmm
  • Laf9124Laf9124 Posts: 342
    Yayarocks.com has a decent selection(or did if they're now gone) of band onesies and tshirts. They had the stickman one for Pearl Jam in a variety of colors. I got mine through the Ten Club, but if you really need one without the "I got shit" that might be your best place to find it. Congrats on the baby!
  • jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    For anyone with a problem with the word "shit" on your baby's ass... Richard Cheese has got something you probably won't like either...

http://www.richardcheese.com/rimg/rc-babyshirt-medium.jpg

And for anyone who's thinking of purchasing the brown wings PJ onesie for a boy, I'll just say the wings a bit glittery and will make you think twice about giving it.
  • youngster wrote:

really its just a word. would it be better if it said "I got poop".
    Verizon Center-Washington, DC--May 30, 2006
    Verizon Center-Washington, DC--June 22, 2008
    Lyric Opera House-Baltimore, MD--June 14, 2009(Eddie Vedder Solo)
    Wachovia Spectrum-Philadelphia, PA--Oct 31, 2009

I Only Own My Mind...
  • i bought the beige one and its not as bland as you think. Its really nice. Just my opinion
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    Dear Misinterpreters and Projectors,

I have no issue with shit on my baby's ass. I don't want to appear like a total moron at the local rec center events, etc, but want the stickman. This is out of courtesy to others in a family environment. The "I don;t give a fuck what anyone thinks" mentality doesn't apply here because I certainly don't in most cases.

Thanks for the feedback.

love
    me