So what are PJ fans thankful for this year?

Comments

• eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Hinny wrote:
    - Emmi

aww Hinny! :) and I'm mega thankful of you too, mr. Courier-man! :D

I won't even try to make a list of all the people I'm thankful of, I'd just end up forgetting someone. :o

but all the people I've met (who've been nice), my life would be sooooo much more boring and empty without you all.

so thanks.
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • I'm thankful for my new house I just bought with my wife and son. Also, im greatful for the best band in the world - Pearl Jam!
    http://www.myspace.com/cravingstrangemusic <- my band
    MSG - NYC - 9-10-1998
    MSG - NYC - 9-11-1998 (BEST FKING SHOW!)
    Jones Beach - 8-25-2000
    Nassau Coliseum - 4-30-2003
    Irving Plaza - 5-5-06 (another great show)
    New Jersey - 6-1-06
    MSG - NYC - 6.24.08
  • I'm thankful for PJ because at the moment there isn't much else.
  • dannydanny Posts: 2,278
    Just wondering besides all the great music they have giving us and awesome poster sales this year.

for seeing them live again!
    danny d
  • smile05smile05 Posts: 600
    firstly my wife & 2 awesome kids

wembley 07 setlist

not greedy
    1:Black 2:Corduroy 3:All Those Yesterdays 4:I Got ID 5:Smile

They can buy but cant put on my clothes
    Throw down my ace in the hole~~~~~~

Let's go for three in a row, no sorry i can't think of anything thats not funny. - Paul Merton

London96,Manchester00,Berlin06,London07
  • doujodoujo Posts: 285
    The Red Sox winning the World Series
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I am thankful to be here this year
  • My two first shows!
    AMAZING!!
    I can now say i've seen my favorite band live hahah =D
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • I'm thankful for seeing them here in Perth last weekend - the anticipation, the show, the absolutely amazing people I have met as a result.....Thankful that after spending the majority of the year down in the dumps because of a husband who it turns out, thinks 15 years together means nothing, and was happy to walk away from it, choosing his girlfriend over me and our kids.....thankful that I have found a place where I can smile all the time and mean it.....where people don't tell me I'm insane for obsessing over this band.....and thankful truly.....for the good friends I have : my neighbours, my friends and my kids....and my dogs!!!

Oh, and right at this particular moment - thankful for philadelphia cream cheese spread --YUM!!!!!

THis thread is awesome btw..... :)
  • Pearl Jam
    and all the usual stuff, wife, family, friends, weed, alcohol, Yankees World Series, etc...
  • jeff is so f'n cool

it's not like i didn't know that already, but
  • Im thankful for the one show we got to see in San Diego, it was amazing.
    Im thankful we got to meet Eddie after the show.
    Im thankful that we paid all of our bills somehow this year.
    Thankful for my family, friends, and my health.
    Thankful 2009 is almost over, looking forward to 2010.
    Let's see those 2013 dates in the southern states.
    this IS an awesome thread- I went to the last page of porch just to see and there 2 years ago was that years Thanksgiving thread- cool
    I wondered how many of the same people were here and I thought they must really feel at home :) and thankful for so
    and another reason to be thankful for PJ
  • I am thankful for Philly night 2 - 3 - and especially 4!!!!
    MSG - 6/25/08 EV Solo Tower Theatre - 06/11/09
    Philly 2 - 10/28/09 Philly 3 - 10/30/09
    Philly 4 - 10/31/09
    Boston 1 - 05/17/10
    PruCenter - 05/18/10
    MSG 1 - 05/20/10
    MSG 2 - 05/21/10
    Alpine1 - 09/03/11 Alpine2 - 09/04/11
    God I will be so thankful if I'm not sick- it is everywhere now- people coughing- hacking- sweating- sneezing.
    Looking like death
    I'm covering my body in Purell every trip out- they should make a spray barrier you could just spray all over yourself. I sprayed my cart with lysol in the grocery store today- borrowed theirs 8-) over the top maybe?
  • i'm still here...

i have my health, my husband, my home, my sweet pets.....friends and family.
    i still have a decent job, i have enough to eat, drink and be merry too. blessed.
    life is far from perfect, but it indeed it still so damn GOOD.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• gotta man that loves me
    gotta good busy life. i don't stay in the house 24/7
    my health
    my favoritest band i had as a kid is still kicking ass!
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    Thankful college apps are out!

Don't you all remember those fun times?!? :lol:
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • I'm thankful for my health, my family, friends, and the special lady in my life. I'm thankful for being able to make it through the heat, exhaustion, and the pain of standing up for hours to see my favorite band in Austin(I almost didn't make it, luckily during The Dead Weather performance I got my second wind when I looked at the side of the stage and I saw the reason why I was there). I'm also thankful for all the great new music, Pearl Jam(of course) and the other bands as well. Most of all, I'm thankful to be part of such a great community that has great love, respect, and admiration for the band as well as each other. Thank you. :D
  • My twin boys born in March, my family and health and oh yeah floor seats for Philly Night 4!
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    Just wondering besides all the great music they have giving us and awesome poster sales this year.

I'm thankful for a great tour, wonderful friends and having the means and health to be able to do all that.
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • deskilladeskilla Posts: 279
    I'm thankful for PEARL JAM, Memorable nights at the SPECTRUM, WMMR(Preston and Steve), and Special Thanks to ALL OF US PEOPLE OF G2
  • HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    G2. David and Lisa's hospitality. G2. Costume shop in Manchester. G2. Mirella and Dennis's hospitality. G2. My new family in England. G2. Whoever decided to put a music venue inside Wulheide Park. G2. Easy Street Records and that preparty pub in Seattle. G2. Touring van people. G2. The Wishlist Crew. G2.

G2!
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • My boyfriend, audiodave - He's stood by me through some REALLY hard times. He's given me unconditional love and support. I'm more in love with him than i've ever been.

My friends - I've had a really hard time this year with my Dad and Grandad dying, my PJ and Coventry friends have all been there to pick up the pieces. Special mentions of people who visit here: Pippa, Chris and Jody, Helen, Suzi, Morag, Dimitris, Big Chris and Sue, Jamie and Deb, Dunkleton, Ross and Ni, Emma, Emmi, James and Gen, Ian, Tamara and Jam, Rob, Jenny, V, Rita, Al, Angela, Selin, Hinn, Sandra, Babs, Valarie and hubby... Thank you to all of you for making this year and the Euro tour so good :D (If i've forgotten anyone I'm sorry! :? )

My new house, our gorgeous kittyboys and life in general - We moved in together January and I wouldn't have any of these things if I hadn't met and fallen in love with audiodave in 2008.

My health - I've been in and out of the doctors and hospital so much this year and now i'm finally fitter and healthier than i've ever been.

The Euro dates - I managed to see friends again and meet many ^good people^ and have a great time. Better Man in London was the happiest i've ever been.

Backspacer and Monsters of Folk - My albums of 2009. They're both awesome. Simply awesome.

2010 will be epic... especially of there's a tour :mrgreen:8-)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,275
    Everything in my life ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • I'm truly thankful for the love of my life, my wonderful parents, my brother who is faithfully serving the United States in the Navy, and the ability to attend college and get an education. And, of course, Pearl Jam.
  • the sense of humor that enables me to get through day to day bullshit without going postal, the love from those close to me even when its not deserved, and always...music, art & nature.
    Be Kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Bugs
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • My family. For letting me travel during my exam period just to see PJ!
  • pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,311
    DarkStar wrote:
    without a doubt...2007 has been one of the best experiences of my life...i met so many truly great people...and what's more is that they are all die hard pearl jam fans...so for my thanks i must say, thank you (in no particular order) to...

Sid S.
    Em M.
    Steph T.
    Sandra F.
    Sara E.
    Tanya R.
    Vivi F.
    Andrea D.
    Marina F.
    Melissa W.
    Einat S.
    Etay N.
    Hinn L.
    Janet M.
    Josee L.
    Kelley R.
    Michael S.
    Mike D.
    Oscar O.
    Peter J.
    Marit R.
    Matt C.
    Anamarija M.
    Babs M.
    Charlene B.
    Lori S.
    Pin O.
    Rita F.
    Rob M.
    Linda
    Lydia
    Sam
    Mel
    Laura
    Eric
    Nadia
    Nixon
    Jim P.
    Tom T.
    Patti K.
    Francisca

Love you all,
    Liam

This is great Liam!

I'm thankful to many of the above (those I know hahahaha) and a beautiful wife who is letting me go to the Winter Classic game in Boston this New Years Day! And my 5 beautiful kids.
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.