Pearl Jam Confirmed For Italy's HEINEKEN JAMMIN' FESTIVAL

R-Dub81R-Dub81 Posts: 374
edited February 2010 in The Porch
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=135600

AEROSMITH, GREEN DAY, PEARL JAM and SKUNK ANANSIE are the first confirmed bands for this year's Heineken Jammin' Festival, set to take place July 3-6 at San Giuliano Park in Mestre, Venice, Italy.

The acts' participation in the event was announced today at a press conference in Mestre attended by Massimo Cacciari (mayor of Venice), Gianluca Di Tondo (marketing director of Heineken Italy), Roberto De Luca (CEO of Milano Concerti / Live Nation Italy) and Massimo Venturini (president of Municipalità Mestre Carpenedo).

The festival billing is shaping up as follows:

July 3:

AEROSMITH
THE CRANBERRIES

July 4:

GREEN DAY
30 SECONDS TO MARS
RISE AGAINST

July 5:

BLACK EYED PEAS
MASSIVE ATTACK

July 6:

PEARL JAM
BEN HARPER
SKUNK ANANSIE
GOSSIP
WOLFMOTHER

Tickets are priced 50 euros (one day), 130 euros (three days) and 160 euros (four days) and will go on sale soon on TicketOne.it.

The first installment of the Heineken Jammin' Festival was held in 1998 at the Imola Autodrome, with over 120,000 people in attendance for the headline act VASCO ROSSI. In 2007 the four-day event was moved to San Giuliano Park. It kicked off on a Thursday night with IRON MAIDEN, SLAYER, STONE SOUR and DOMINE taking the stage. Due to a tornado which damaged the festival stages and left 30 people injured on Friday afternoon, the remaining days' performances (PEARL JAM, LINKIN PARK, AEROSMITH, SMASHING PUMKINS, VASCO ROSSI, J-AX) were cancelled.

After a forced pause in 2009, the festival will return this summer.
"Some people think it makes a difference...I think it's the difference that makes it" 

340xxx
03 - Mansfield 3
04 - Asheville
06 - Hartford
08 - Columbia, MSG 1, MSG 2, Hartford
10 - Kansas City, Hartford
12 - Atlanta
13 - Charlotte
16 - Columbia
18 - Boston 2
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I hope so, since I want to go there.
    Ben, Wolf and Skunk sounds like a very good line up.
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • I posted this here this morning:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=123829

Apparently is was already posted even then in the European shows sticky. So, go there for discussion.
    So now I'm drivin the bus- Kramer
    You're batman!- George
    Yeah...yeah...I AM batman!!- Kramer
  • jambayleaf wrote:
    I posted this here this morning:

http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic ... 4&t=123829

Apparently is was already posted even then in the European shows sticky. So, go there for discussion.
    viewtopic.php?f=4&t=118611&start=0
    and we talk about it 3 months now..so all together move with the freaks :mrgreen:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • what a shitty lineup, pearl jam is the only band worth seeing on there.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,509
    what a shitty lineup, pearl jam is the only band worth seeing on there.

Pearl Jam is the ONLY band worth seeing during the whole festival experience in June/July for Europe.
  • demetrios wrote:

Pearl Jam is the ONLY band worth seeing during the whole festival experience in June/July for Europe.

I Agree D!
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • demetrios wrote:

+1
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • demetrios wrote:

+1
    +2
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • raindog80raindog80 Posts: 1,160
    http://www.pearljamonline.it/newsengver ... m#23022010

Almost three months after the announcement of the European tour by www.pearljam.com, after two months of incessant and contradicting rumors swirling all over the Internet, on Italian radio stations and newspapers, today it has finally been announced that Pearl Jam will play in Italy on July 6, 2010, within the Heineken Jammin' Festival, which will be held in Mestre (Venice).

Official word came via a press conference that was held this morning at Punta San Giuliano, in the area close to the Venice Lagoon, where the festival will take place. For more information about the show, we invite you to check out the Pearl Jam in Italy section on our site > http://www.pearljamonline.it/Italy.htm

230210.jpg
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,272
    Aerosmith? Do they even have a singer?
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
  • Some great bands on that lineup, you lot don't know what you're talking about!
  • Man could you imagine them playing a beer sponsored festival in the 90's? I don't think they would have even considered it. Didn't they insist on covering up any advertisements in the stadiums and arenas they played?

The times are a changin.
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    Sorry if I have missed something but what exact time tomorrow are the tickets going on sale?
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London