I am in need of some advice...

2»

Comments

• KinseyKinsey Posts: 197
    Maybe the key to this is to not to have your obsession front and centre in your relationship. Accept that your other half doesn't share your passion. Think about it - how bored would you become if the person you see the most of was constantly talking about one topic?
    When I'm in the car with my girlfriend, I'll get some PJ or Bruce on the radio but then it's some Gaslight Anthem, Hold Steady, the radio, Beyonce, whatever. I also accept that while she'll listen to Backspacer, she doesn't want to discuss its merits in comparison with No Code or Ten.

Try compromise!
    When we found the things we loved,
    They were crushed and dying in the dirt.
    We tried to pick up the pieces,
    And get away without getting hurt,
    But they caught us at the state line,
    And burned our cars in one last fight,
    And left us running burned and blind,
    Chasing something in the night.
  • cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131
    Kinsey wrote:
    Maybe the key to this is to not to have your obsession front and centre in your relationship. Accept that your other half doesn't share your passion. Think about it - how bored would you become if the person you see the most of was constantly talking about one topic?
    When I'm in the car with my girlfriend, I'll get some PJ or Bruce on the radio but then it's some Gaslight Anthem, Hold Steady, the radio, Beyonce, whatever. I also accept that while she'll listen to Backspacer, she doesn't want to discuss its merits in comparison with No Code or Ten.

Try compromise!

Compromise?!? This isn't Oprah! Get outta here with your "logic" and "compassion" and "understanding". :lol:
  • KinseyKinsey Posts: 197
    My next piece of advice was to jump up on the couch and start raving about how much you love PJ and Scientology. Guaranteed to work!
    When we found the things we loved,
    They were crushed and dying in the dirt.
    We tried to pick up the pieces,
    And get away without getting hurt,
    But they caught us at the state line,
    And burned our cars in one last fight,
    And left us running burned and blind,
    Chasing something in the night.
  • cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131
    Kinsey wrote:
    My next piece of advice was to jump up on the couch and start raving about how much you love PJ and Scientology. Guaranteed to work!

There ya go. Much more like a PJ fan. Or something....
  • GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    discover new music. grizzly bear, beach house, dirty projectors ect ect. give pj a break until the first day of spring and listen to yield.
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • ill date u instead ;)