State College May 7, 2010

Comments

• gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,562
    cdp1223 wrote:
    Well, hey anybody wanna make friends? My 2nd ticket taker just told me he "doesn't really want to go to any PJ shows this year (WTF?!?!)" so I'll be flyin solo to any and all PA shows!!! :)
    i'll probably be solo, not sure. but i refuse to go to philly
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    gndcd402 wrote:
    cdp1223 wrote:
    Well, hey anybody wanna make friends? My 2nd ticket taker just told me he "doesn't really want to go to any PJ shows this year (WTF?!?!)" so I'll be flyin solo to any and all PA shows!!! :)

You refuse to come to Philly?

hey, dude, where's the love :lol:
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    StillHere wrote:
    gndcd402 wrote:
    cdp1223 wrote:

haha ya, it's better than nothing!
  • gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,562
    StillHere wrote:

i'm sorry but i can't stand that area...most disrespectful people i have ever met. been there twice and will never go back. even my friends here in pittsburgh that came from philly agree that pittsburgh is much friendlier and a better place to live :|
    gndcd402 wrote:
    StillHere wrote:

i'm sorry but i can't stand that area...most disrespectful people i have ever met. been there twice and will never go back. even my friends here in pittsburgh that came from philly agree that pittsburgh is much friendlier and a better place to live :|

yeah, matter of fact I'm moving back up to Montgomery Co. in April myself. Only been in Philly 6mos or so but very familiar with the area. True of the population generally. Truth be told I've only made one new friend since I've been here. Back to the Lehigh Valley for me.

BUT I'll always go to Philly/Camden for shows :D
    peace,
    jo

"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,823
    gndcd402 wrote:
    StillHere wrote:

I don't live in the city, but were all not that bad ;)

I'd drive a few hours to PSU for that show, if there wasn't another show closer to me.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    gndcd402 wrote:
    StillHere wrote:

I don't live in the city, but were all not that bad ;)

I'd drive a few hours to PSU for that show, if there wasn't another show closer to me.

Alot of philly people are in fact jerks though
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    BeerBaron wrote:
    KevinR wrote:
    Well, State College is about a half hour farther than I want to drive, but I'd take it.

facepalm.jpg

Not a whole half hour!
    lol, that was my reaction too. If this show happens I will be ecstatic to FLY 5.5 hours to Whatever airport is the closest to State College.

FIXED...
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • looks like we'll definitely open our RV the week before since it's only 1.5 hrs away 8-)

(we shoveled it out today - it's 3 feet under snow currently)
    SprockeTee wrote:
    looks like we'll definitely open our RV the week before since it's only 1.5 hrs away 8-)

(we shoveled it out today - it's 3 feet under snow currently)

Definitely worth it... we're an amazing crowed!
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    22343_248492854762_842324762_3159152_1781757_n.jpg
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    Hope this rumor is true.........I need a PJ show to look forward to!
  • Wow, how did this turn into a Philly-bashing thread? Some guy almost beat the shit out of me in a bathroom at a Flyers-Penguins game in Pittsburgh. (btw, it was the 5OT Keith Primeau game) :D

I guess there are a lot of jerks around here, but I'm pretty nice, I think. 8-)

Anyways, I'd try to make it to State College that night, and maybe solo - don't think my wife would want to see PJ the 2nd time that week, after Jazzfest.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    hahahah I'm nice too, Philly does get a bad rap, and have to admit it's brought on by our own behavior, present company exluded of course...

ANYWAY....back to topic...

I will be WHEREVER within reason, PJ shows up to play :D
    peace,
    jo

StillHere wrote:
    hahahah I'm nice too, Philly does get a bad rap, and have to admit it's brought on by our own behavior, present company exluded of course...

ANYWAY....back to topic...

I will be WHEREVER within reason, PJ shows up to play :D

Amen to that brother!
  • Wow- a Friday at Penn State. I'm all for this! Wonder if classes are still in session?

may 7 is the last day of classes before finals week I believe. I know graduation is may 15. Same scenario as the '03 show (May 3, '03). I was a junior at Penn State in '03 and let's just say I didn't get much studying in that weekend.
  • My friend goes to Penn State, i hope i can use his Student ID for cheap tickets...but if it's the weekend before finals, i don't think he'd want me up there
  • blackngold wrote:
    Wow- a Friday at Penn State. I'm all for this! Wonder if classes are still in session?

the girl I'm currently seeing goes to Penn state and she said her last final is may 7th so I guess it's right around the end of classes ( btw I have her keeping a look out for me on any possible information)
  • Someone else said Dallas was a rumored date for May 7. Dallas is a little closer to me, but State College is bound to be good for anyone who goes.

I was at the last State College marathon show... I will never forget that night.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • 5against1-5against1- Posts: 1,101
    Hell yeah headin back to Happy Valley! I have a good feeling about this one!!! :D:D:D:D
    This too shall pass.....
  • State College '03 was my wife's first ever PJ show. I think her count is up to 18 now. Would be nice to go back.

PS: Philly folk aren't all that bad. I'm a Pittsburgh transplant to Philly. It's just when you get them around sports that the bad apples really come out. But c'mon, can you blame them? They keep cleaning supplies in their Vince Lombardi trophey case, and the longest tenured Phillies fan got his membership card in 2008. ;)

Kidding, kids... kidding. LET'S GO PENS! LET'S GO STILLERS! LET'S GO... uh... roller derby? Pittsburgh Yankees/Red Sox/Giants/Etc
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 03 Pgh|Philly|PSU|Camden 1+2|Hershey
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 08 Camden 1+2|Hartford|Mansfield 2
    • 09 Philly 1 [EV]|Toronto|Spectrum 1-4
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 13 London|Pgh|Buff|Philly 1+2|Balt
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 16 Philly 1+2|Philly 2 [TotD]
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,342
    This would be incredible. No better pre-party locale than Happy Valley on a warm Friday...
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • TheFixer05 wrote:
    blackngold wrote:
    Wow- a Friday at Penn State. I'm all for this! Wonder if classes are still in session?

the girl I'm currently seeing goes to Penn state and she said her last final is may 7th so I guess it's right around the end of classes ( btw I have her keeping a look out for me on any possible information)

yes, i just found out from my sister, who's a senior at PSU, that the last day of finals is May 7th. wow, a PJ show in happy valley that night would be awesome. the town will be rockin'.
  • This would be great! I work another college in the area, so I will be dragging through our graduation on the 8th if this pans out. I hope it works out.
    Hey brother.
  • This may be the show I can finally take boys my boys to (ages 10 & 13). They have been asking and asking to go to their first concert and I can't think of a better band, venue, town. FINGERS CROSSED for PSU 5/7/2010!
    Check out My PJ live show stats from LiveFootsteps.org
  • McJuicyMcJuicy Posts: 747
    Buffalo 5/8? mmmmmmmmmmm donuts
    buf dtw buf sce yyz tol grr yhm yyz pit yyz yyz pit bna cae aus lax lax san phl phl cle buf mke mke atl pit buf clt san lax lax gsp cae bna sea sea
  • starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    McJuicy wrote:
    Buffalo 5/8? mmmmmmmmmmm donuts

Oh that would work very well...
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    i've been to philly 5 times now

only time i ran into issues was when i had my Patriots hat on after they had just beat the eagles

oopsy

sure there are assholes... but not everywhere...

if PJ is there... I am there

you fairweather kids can stay home
  • gndcd402 wrote:
    StillHere wrote:

i'm sorry but i can't stand that area...most disrespectful people i have ever met. |

i said that here once here and got slammed by some local. at least i know its not just me.
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all
    gndcd402 wrote:
    StillHere wrote:

i'm sorry but i can't stand that area...most disrespectful people i have ever met. |

i said that here once here and got slammed by some local. at least i know its not just me.

Just kidding, just kidding.

I'm not officially Philly..suburbs..and even then only been here about 6 months..and moving away again already in April. Nuf said.

Anyway, I have been to some ball games where things got out of hand with the fans, but I think we're all safe at shows...I've been to numerous Dead shows in Philly, PJ in Philly and Camden (might as well be Philly too, just across the river in NJ, but no different really), and never had anything but love.

I think its the sports venue that gets out of hand. We are quite touchy bout losing ya know..lol! Well, not me, but "us" in the more universal sense of the word.

Supposed to be the City of Brotherly Love right? ha ha ha ha
    peace,
    jo