You have to admit...

U R A Crazy BreedU R A Crazy Breed Posts: 8,370
edited February 2010 in The Porch
Ten is a fucking brilliant album!!......have most of us played it to death? yes!.......are there a couple songs i wouldn't care if i never heard live again? sure!....do a lot of people omit it from their top 3 or 4 PJ albums? they sure as fuck do! me included.

....but the BOB redux did breath some new life into it for me...the subtle changes he made were perfect and he did an awesome job IMO....Release, Oceans, Porch, & Deep have always been amongst my favorite songs but the redux version of Garden is simply fucking phenomenal!! it has made me fall even deeper in love with this song.

....and there is something to be said for the nostalgia factor as well....closing you eyes, rocking out and reminiscing about those "good old days".

Ten......it was the album that introduced us to this amazing band right around the beginning of the whole Seattle grunge explosion (the last good thing to happen to rock n roll imo) and i'll never forget seeing Ed on TV for the first time and being like "i like this fucking guy with the crazy look in his eye!...this band kicks ass!!"

....who knew 19 years later that they'd still be kicking ass?!!!!!!!!!! 8-)8-)

TEN & PJ......MUCH RESPECT!!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    I completely agree with you! TEN is #2 for me, right behind YIELD. It's extremely close between those two albums.

The song I love the most of the BOB remix is "Why Go." There is just new life in that song. Ed's vocals sound amazing, the nice wah in the beginning after the drum intro, Mike's guitar solo.

In fact, you can hear Mike's solo's better in the BOB remix. Now I have to play this album.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    I would bang Ten
  • Good post, but what's your least favorite PJ album? For me it has to be Backspacer. I really don't even like the name. The best thing about the album is the album art, I'm sorry. I know this is going off subject, so allow me to digress... Ten is a staple. Can you say that about this album? Ten is kind of like Stairway to me. If it doesn't get mentioned in a top 5, that because it is immeasurable. Good comment on nostalgia. And the B-sides are just amazing! I'd take the B-sides over Backspacer any and all day long... :D
  • Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    i would admit . im so tired of ben harper . i can feel the PUKE in my throat every time i hear his name . :lol::lol:
  • I'm naming my first-born Ten.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • bunnybunny Posts: 270
    im going to take TEN to heaven.

i 100% admit ;)
  • I hardly think being 13 years old when I first bought Ten as the good old days! Ha!! I like being almost 32 much better : )
    www.cluthelee.com
  • I would bang Ten

+1
    If I knew then, would I know now?

* Perth Entertainment Centre - Mar 06, 1995
    * Melbourne Park - Mar 02, 1998
    * Brisbane QSAC- Nov 25, 2009
    * EV Solo- QPAC- March 10, 12 and 13 2011

• I hardly think being 13 years old when I first bought Ten as the good old days! Ha!! I like being almost 32 much better : )

I hear you ('cept I was much older- 15!). I was a very naive 15 year old at that. Ten has much more meaning now than it did back then- then it just sounded fucking amazing.
    If I knew then, would I know now?

* Perth Entertainment Centre - Mar 06, 1995
    * Melbourne Park - Mar 02, 1998
    * Brisbane QSAC- Nov 25, 2009
    * EV Solo- QPAC- March 10, 12 and 13 2011

• i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    "T E N" is Numero Uno OVER this way!...;)
  • craigbcraigb Posts: 806
    Greatest albums ever:

1. Led Zeppelin II
    2. TEN
    "Speak clearly if you speak at all; carve every word before you let it fall"

Los Angeles 10.7.2009
  • FrankieGFrankieG Posts: 9,100
    Ten is definitely one of the best :D
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Great post but I have to admit that Ten will always be my number 1 PJ album...no question!

All you yield lovers can feck off :lol:

and backspacer is a phenomenal album!!!
    I need a coffee!
  • I would bang Ten

i wouldnt kick it out of bed either :D
    IF YOU HATE SOMETHING,.. DONT YOU DO IT TOO
  • ten is my favorite album of all times..i really dont know how my life could be with out TEN
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • BALLBOYBALLBOY Posts: 1,029
    Did anyone know that there as another album by the name of Ten being released soon? Gabriella Cilmi is doing it as her birthday is 10/10/10.
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14 Budapest 22 Krakow 22 Amsterdam 22 St Paul 1&2 23 Chicago 1&2 23 Chicago 1&2 24 New York 1 24 Philly 1&2 24 Boston 1&2 24 Gold Coast 24 Melbourne 1 24 Sydney 1&2 24
  • ten is my favorite album of all times..i really dont know how my life could be with out TEN

+1

ABSOLUTELY
  • BALLBOY wrote:
    Did anyone know that there as another album by the name of Ten being released soon? Gabriella Cilmi is doing it as her birthday is 10/10/10.

Why... why did I google this :?

Ten rocks!!! (Pearl Jam's Ten, that is)
    Makes me ache, makes me shake...
    ...is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • Nice post, love the energy!
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    grungeyed wrote:
    I would bang Ten

Don't know about banging ten, but I've banged to it many times.
  • Wait a damn second!!!

Is this a post that NO ONE can argue with???

From none other that Crazy???

What the hell is happening???
  • Wait a damn second!!!

Is this a post that NO ONE can argue with???

From none other that Crazy???

What the hell is happening???

twilightzone_blog.jpg:mrgreen:
  • Claireack wrote:
    grungeyed wrote:
    I would bang Ten

Don't know about banging ten, but I've banged to it many times.

:lol: i think everyone should make it there aim to bang to every single pearl jam album 8-)
    IF YOU HATE SOMETHING,.. DONT YOU DO IT TOO
  • grungeyed wrote:
    :lol: i think everyone should make it there aim to bang to every single pearl jam album 8-)

I have a confession to make guys, I've actually been having an affair with Binaural the last few months. Every time I'm with Binaural and her phone goes off, it's always Crazy Breed and she rolls her eyes, deciding either to lie about where she is or letting it go to voicemail. Binaural is unhappy in her relationship with Crazy Breed, especially after his recent post about his love for Ten, and she deserves better. We're actually planning on going to Cabo in two weeks to have some alone time together. But don't tell Crazy Breed I told you guys this because he'll probably hunt me down with a 7-iron.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • jwagnerjwagner Posts: 435
    edited February 2010
    RB112589 wrote:
    Good post, but what's your least favorite PJ album? For me it has to be Backspacer. I really don't even like the name. The best thing about the album is the album art, I'm sorry. Ten is a staple. Can you say that about this album? Ten is kind of like Stairway to me. If it doesn't get mentioned in a top 5, that because it is immeasurable. Good comment on nostalgia. And the B-sides are just amazing! I'd take the B-sides over Backspacer any and all day long... :D

For years and years, and, in fact, ever since it came out, I've called 'Ten' my favorite Pearl Jam album. Until 'Backspacer.' (With huge praise to the other great albums, esp. 'Vitalogy,' 'Yield' and 'Binaural'). Just goes to show: there's no accounting for taste. My view on 'Ten' vs. 'Backspacer' couldn't be more different than RB112589's post above. That's the beauty of art/music -- all in the ear of the beholder.
    Post edited by jwagner on
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die...the in between is mine"
  • "There's hair on your head....."

rubin.jpg

"My cat can eat a whoooole watermelon!"
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • grungeyed wrote:

I have a confession to make guys, I've actually been having an affair with Binaural the last few months. Every time I'm with Binaural and her phone goes off, it's always Crazy Breed and she rolls her eyes, deciding either to lie about where she is or letting it go to voicemail. Binaural is unhappy in her relationship with Crazy Breed, especially after his recent post about his love for Ten, and she deserves better. We're actually planning on going to Cabo in two weeks to have some alone time together. But don't tell Crazy Breed I told you guys this because he'll probably hunt me down with a 7-iron.

by the time you read this you will have realized Binaural played you for all your money and she if safe by my side right now sipping champagne and laughing at your gullibility and naiveness in thinking she could ever betray her master to a commoner such as yourself! :lol::lol::lol::lol: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: ........Ten is just one of my goomar's son. :lol: :P :lol: :P
  • SmellymanSmellyman Posts: 4,524
    Ten is the bottom half for me...
  • grungeyed wrote:

by the time you read this you will have realized Binaural played you for all your money and she if safe by my side right now sipping champagne and laughing at your gullibility and naiveness in thinking she could ever betray her master to a commoner such as yourself! :lol::lol::lol::lol: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: ........Ten is just one of my goomar's son. :lol: :P :lol: :P
    Listen, I had a messy divorce two years ago with Yield. It was really bitter. I fought and won for joint custody and I take Brain of J and Low Light out for pizza on Tuesday nights, but my heart was broken. Then I met Binaural. Binaural taught me how to love again. She completes me. She feels trapped in her current home on your CD shelf. She feels neglected deserves to be happy with me. Why won't you let her be happy? You still have Ten (see OP).
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    grungeyed wrote:

She lies and says she's in love with him, can't find a better man.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,