Options

Tea baggers

Comments

• Options
    its all rhetoric... just regurgitated talking points
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,220
    Something else I do not like about the Tea Party...
    The notion that they are 'Real Americans'... which means that people like me, whom are not of their mindsets, are NOT Americans... except in name only. I take this as an personal insult. Question my opinions on social or political issues... or my beliefs on religion and its role in America... but, never question my love for my country.
    That belief that they are the good guys and everyone else is either the bad guys or need to wake up... is divisive and only a fucking moron believes a divided nation can accomplish great deeds.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    aerialaerial Posts: 2,319
    aerial wrote:
    shadowcast wrote:
    I like how they call themselves a movement. In order to be a movement don't you have to fight for a particular issue like gay marriage, woman’s rights, civil rights? What the hell is their issue?
    1. Limited Government

2. Fiscal Responsibility

3. Personal Responsibility

4. The Rule of Law

5. Fiscal
    the issues that formed
    the bedrock of the original tea party
    movement – namely ending an unconstitutional
    foreign policy that is bankrupting America and
    auditing the private Federal Reserve.
    issues....

#1 is quintessential republican/libertarian/any other "conservative"party
    #2 same
    #3 don't elections make politicians personally responsible? screw up... no job. in the private sector you can float by for decades... so what exactly does personal responsibility entail?
    #4 you're for enforces laws to a stricter extent? which ones? we do already have the highest number of people in prisons per capita than any other country in the western hemisphere...
    #5 so... your policy is that the USA should continue to be a sovereign nation???

#1...I do not need Ms Obama telling me what my kids should eat...do you
    #2....no more pork, pet projects for lobbist
    #3....screw up , get a good lawyer, spin the law, they are not out of a job....
    #4....the laws need to pertain to everyone....justice was not ment to be for just those that know people in high places...or for those that can afford hi priced lawyers
    “We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.” Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    Something else I do not like about the Tea Party...
    The notion that they are 'Real Americans'... which means that people like me, whom are not of their mindsets, are NOT Americans... except in name only. I take this as an personal insult. Question my opinions on social or political issues... or my beliefs on religion and its role in America... but, never question my love for my country.
    That belief that they are the good guys and everyone else is either the bad guys or need to wake up... is divisive and only a fucking moron believes a divided nation can accomplish great deeds.

The Tea Party was never meant to divide the country it is trying to get everyone together no matter what political party you affiliate yourself with...that is why there are all political parties along with all religions and races that are included and are gladly accepted into the movement....I have never heard anyone in the Tea Party say they are the only Real Americans...were did you get that from? Wake up is for those that are not paying attention and rely solely on the elected officials to do the right thing...which we know is not always there agenda
    “We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.” Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    OutOfBreathOutOfBreath Posts: 1,804
    aerial wrote:
    The Tea Party was never meant to divide the country it is trying to get everyone together no matter what political party you affiliate yourself with...

So, the Obama-haters and health care = Hitler folks are from all over the political spectrum then? No slant, partisanship or division in sight eh?

From what I've seen of this, it's a "movement" so rightwinged it's not even funny. Running a straight up nationalistic platform fueled with general recession anger. The question is whether they'll steal the republican party (or republicans steal them), or eventually run a third candidate.

Peace
    Dan
    "YOU [humans] NEED TO BELIEVE IN THINGS THAT AREN'T TRUE. HOW ELSE CAN THEY BECOME?" - Death

"Every judgment teeters on the brink of error. To claim absolute knowledge is to become monstrous. Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty." - Frank Herbert, Dune, 1965
  • Options
    aerial wrote:
    The Tea Party was never meant to divide the country it is trying to get everyone together no matter what political party you affiliate yourself with...

So, the Obama-haters and health care = Hitler folks are from all over the political spectrum then? No slant, partisanship or division in sight eh?

From what I've seen of this, it's a "movement" so rightwinged it's not even funny. Running a straight up nationalistic platform fueled with general recession anger. The question is whether they'll steal the republican party (or republicans steal them), or eventually run a third candidate.

Peace
    Dan
    Hitler Folks?
    okay I have to admit you lost me here....
    Not everyone in The Tea party agrees with EVERYTHING that is on every Tea Party web sight....there are lot’s of local Tea Party groups....the main reason I am involved is I am sick of lies and corruption that our elected officials practice on a regular basis....and this is the only movement that is calling out these politicians and making people aware of the corruption ....
  • Options
    OutOfBreathOutOfBreath Posts: 1,804
    aerial wrote:
    Hitler Folks?
    okay I have to admit you lost me here....
    Not everyone in The Tea party agrees with EVERYTHING that is on every Tea Party web sight....there are lot’s of local Tea Party groups....the main reason I am involved is I am sick of lies and corruption that our elected officials practice on a regular basis....and this is the only movement that is calling out these politicians and making people aware of the corruption ....
    My point was that from the looks of it, it's a reeeaal stretch to attribute this movement to anywhere outside the right wing and possibly some centre-rights and the odd independent. The movement is also causing repubs to fear for their political life if they were to support anything democrats do, so I'd say it's divisive.

Secondly, my point is that it's run mainly on recession disillusionment and currently has little focus apart from hating the guy at the helm right now, and having a clear right-wing conservative slant. The moment it starts to focus, it is likely to peel off the people that are pissed... but not at that. If they want to start a new party, it will go into the structure as a hardcore repub party, whch in your entrenched duopoly would ensure Democrat rule for a couple of decades. If they dont, they'll act as lobbyists and bait for the repubs. Right now their message is anger which is easy to rally behind. Everyone is mad at something. The trick is rallying support for what to do instead, and that's where it peels off.

Peace
    Dan
    "YOU [humans] NEED TO BELIEVE IN THINGS THAT AREN'T TRUE. HOW ELSE CAN THEY BECOME?" - Death

"Every judgment teeters on the brink of error. To claim absolute knowledge is to become monstrous. Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty." - Frank Herbert, Dune, 1965
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,622
    aerial wrote:

You kidding? In a country with major child obesity problems, you have a problem with the first lady trying to do something about it? You don't have to take her advice but I would think most would agree this is a positive project.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    aerial wrote:

You kidding? In a country with major child obesity problems, you have a problem with the first lady trying to do something about it? You don't have to take her advice but I would think most would agree this is a positive project.
    People know what to feed there kids...they know what is healthy....they choose (or are forced) to feed what is most convenient....in there defense, anything healthy is expensive..... it’s very hard to find time or the energy to cook home cooked meals after work, home work and anything else life throws in your path....how about just taking out the hormones and steroids they add to our food...that may have something to do with the over weight problem....that would be a better project to take up
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,126
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    aerial wrote:

I rather her doing something like that than her siiting on her tuchas and doing nothing. She has a figure of fitness and she wants to project the positivity of that, in what way would that be wrong for this country?. Have you taken a look at her biceps and shoulders of hers. I betcha she has a good handle on the President privately. :mrgreen:

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Its all about awareness programs. There isn't anybody saying that this is going to be a legal or legislative issue. I don't see anything wrong with it as long as Mrs Obama gives good advice.

Hell, a year or two ago I saw a 2 year old eating ramen noodles and drinking pepsi. Some people are just retarded about nutrition.
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • Options
    aerial wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    aerial wrote:

People know what to feed there kids...they know what is healthy....they choose (or are forced) to feed what is most convenient....in there defense, anything healthy is expensive..... it’s very hard to find time or the energy to cook home cooked meals after work, home work and anything else life throws in your path....how about just taking out the hormones and steroids they add to our food...that may have something to do with the over weight problem....that would be a better project to take up

Man, its a no win with you. A little education about health and healthy eating is never a bad thing. And I would venture to guess that many in America are not as educated as you might think on what constitues a healthy meal.
  • Options
    Okay she is doing a good thing. would it be a good idea to include in her healthy eating cause taking out the hormones and steroids they add to our food...and how to afford healthy food? :idea:
  • Options
    aerial wrote:
    Okay she is doing a good thing. would it be a good idea to include in her healthy eating cause taking out the hormones and steroids they add to our food...and how to afford healthy food? :idea:

Sure, and educating people on how to eat healthy at a low cost should be a prioirty with the economy the way it is.
  • Options
    aerial wrote:
    The Tea Party was never meant to divide the country it is trying to get everyone together no matter what political party you affiliate yourself with...that is why there are all political parties along with all religions and races that are included and are gladly accepted into the movement....I have never heard anyone in the Tea Party say they are the only Real Americans...were did you get that from? Wake up is for those that are not paying attention and rely solely on the elected officials to do the right thing...which we know is not always there agenda
    I know this is a 'Liberal Media' (code word for JEW) poll... but, here goes:
    http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2010/02/11 ... 9131.shtml
    • Mostly consider themselves Republicans – not independents - and most view the Republican Party favorably (62 percent).

Americans who identify themselves as Tea Party members are mostly from the South (37 percent) or the West (29 percent), and are older (59 percent say they are over age 45, compared to 50 percent of Americans.)

Tea Party identifiers are overwhelmingly white – 95 percent are white, compared to 77 percent of Americans.

While Americans blame the Bush Administration for the deficit, Tea Partiers don't; they're more likely to point to the Obama administration (19 percent) or Congress (33 percent).
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    tumblrkpvtpjof251qa3xbj.png

This country is in serious trouble if this is what she wants in 2013-2021!. Now THAT'S scary. :shock:

peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,189
    g under p wrote:
    tumblrkpvtpjof251qa3xbj.png

This country is in serious trouble if this is what she wants in 2013-2021!. Now THAT'S scary. :shock:

peace
    wait a minute....there are a few people missing from that shirt...what happened to the very celebrated W following clinton for those 8 years??
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Again one person who is for Palin does not constitute a movement. Many people are upset she was even let in the building at the last conference.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    unsung wrote:
    Again one person who is for Palin does not constitute a movement. Many people are upset she was even let in the building at the last conference.

That's odd since they were so many giving her a standing applause after her speech she seemed to be given a grand welcome there.

Peace
    Post edited by g under p on

• Options
    OnTheEdgeOnTheEdge Posts: 1,300
    Ugh..they created the term and referred to themselves as "tea baggers" and had "teabagging" rallies, with declarations like "tea bag obama!". But once they start getting ridiculed (fairly) for choosing that term they decide that they have the authority to declare it an insult and and demand everyone stop using it. Screw 'em, they brought it on themselves.

Teabaggging+for+Jesus.png

Kinda like how democrats became liberals, then progressives. Wonder why they keep changing their name.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,189
    mb262200 wrote:
    Ugh..they created the term and referred to themselves as "tea baggers" and had "teabagging" rallies, with declarations like "tea bag obama!". But once they start getting ridiculed (fairly) for choosing that term they decide that they have the authority to declare it an insult and and demand everyone stop using it. Screw 'em, they brought it on themselves.

Teabaggging+for+Jesus.png

Kinda like how democrats became liberals, then progressives. Wonder why they keep changing their name.

actually it is not like that at all....
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,901
    Tea bagging for Jesus. :lol: Seriously people, its a dumb term, no matter who made it up.
  • Options
    FiveB247xFiveB247x Posts: 2,330
    In all honesty, not justifying the sexual connotation or people making fun of the movement because of it, but the actual reference of calling these people "tea-baggers" is in the media and not solely on this board as some type of silly insult. Do an online search (I'd start with tea bag movement though). You'll see.
    Tea bagging for Jesus. :lol: Seriously people, its a dumb term, no matter who made it up.
    CONservative governMENt

Our government is the potent, the omnipresent teacher. For good or for ill, it teaches the whole people by its example. Crime is contagious. If the government becomes a law-breaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy. - Louis Brandeis
  • Options
    I know the term is widely used and not confined to this board. I also have no cogent, intellectual argument that supports my dislike of the term. It just sounds dumb ... Its a small step up from something like "fart knocker". :)
  • Options
    FiveB247xFiveB247x Posts: 2,330
    I just started the official Shart fanclub. We call ourselves "sharters" and say so proudly (http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Shart). We celebrate our favorite movie together http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shart:_The_Challenge

:D
    I know the term is widely used and not confined to this board. I also have no cogent, intellectual argument that supports my dislike of the term. It just sounds dumb ... Its a small step up from something like "fart knocker". :)
    CONservative governMENt

Our government is the potent, the omnipresent teacher. For good or for ill, it teaches the whole people by its example. Crime is contagious. If the government becomes a law-breaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy. - Louis Brandeis
  • Options
    Most everybody on this board has a hissy-fit when anyone may have any original thought in their head that doesn't fit the fray. I'm learning not to comment and therefore just come here to read the posts. It truly can be entertaining...most times. I just love Pearl Jam music. I will forever. It makes me happy. : ). The end.
    The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated - Gandhi

"Empty pockets will Allow a greater Sense of wealth...." EV/ITW
  • Options
    unsung wrote:
    I hear what you are saying... but, it is pretty difficult to argue with a sold out room full of proof:
    http://video.search.yahoo.com/video/pla ... 1864622506

Take note at 7:15 of this FOX Broadcast of the First Convention of the National Tea Party in Nashville, TN.
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    flywallyflyflywallyfly Posts: 1,453
    Fine. I thought the conservatives who make up the majority of the Tea Party HATED politically correct terminology but I'll play along if it will make you happy. How about one of these for a nickname :

(1) Tetley Testes

(2) Cranial bean baggers

(3) Earl Grey Scrotumfaces

(4) Balls on Face Party
  • Options
    Fine. I thought the conservatives who make up the majority of the Tea Party HATED politically correct terminology but I'll play along if it will make you happy. How about one of these for a nickname :

(1) Tetley Testes

(2) Cranial bean baggers

(4) Balls on Face Party

:lol: "Earl Grey Scrotumfaces"
    For the record, I am neither a hardcore conservative nor particularly sympathetic to the goals of the teabagger movement.
  • Options

(1) Tetley Testes

(2) Cranial bean baggers

(4) Balls on Face Party

That is BRILLIANT.

For some reason number 4 makes me laugh out loud... maybe it is the imagery it invokes and its simplicity.

Thanks for making today worth living!