pearl jam should rock gonna see my friend on snl!

my_wavemy_wave Posts: 346
edited February 2010 in The Porch
what do you think? :D
st. pete '94
west palm beach '98
tampa '00
tampa '03
tampa '08
brooklyn '13
austin '14
austin '14
tampa '16

ed - clearwater '12
ed - clearwater '12
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    hell. yes.

but they wont.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • I agree. I don't really care if its GSMF, I'd just like to see them rock something hard :D
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    Wouldn't be to suprised, I think they'll play one song thats fairly popular like got some, just breathe, amoungst the waves, or unthought known and then a totally random song, I would hope that random song would be this or supersonic! Whatever they play it will be awesome no matter what!
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    God I hate that song. It's so simple it would be embarrassing to put that on national TV. My vote goes for Amongst the Waves and Force of Nature. That is IF they play 2 songs.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    youngster wrote:
    God I hate that song. It's so simple it would be embarrassing to put that on national TV. My vote goes for Amongst the Waves and Force of Nature. That is IF they play 2 songs.

YES! Those two right there! My favorites on the album.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,562
    have u heard gonna see my friend live? BY FAR the worst backspacer song live.
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    gndcd402 wrote:
    speed of sound takes that title for me... I love GSMF though. :)
    drsluggo wrote:
    gndcd402 wrote:
    speed of sound takes that title for me... I love GSMF though. :)
    speed of sound = buzz_killington-191x300.jpg

but musically it sounds just as good as on the album (personally i enjoy the song). however GSMF sounds flat live. i compare it to green disease which i thought sounded lacking in 2003 but the band seemed to nail it in 05 and 06.
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    GSMF does sound a little flat live... but I still think it sounds solid for what the song is (a fairly simple song). Songs that I think sound REALLY flat live are Amongst the Waves (i know I'm in the minority here - but the album version just seems so much fuller) and to a lesser extent Force of Nature which is my favorite off the album. Speed of Sound I just don't like with the full band - I love the demo version though.
  • my_wavemy_wave Posts: 346
    i just wanna see them kick some ass and rock out! they played a lot of the nice slower stuff on austin city limits, but i think it's time to put some fuel on the fire and light it up! if only they could play blood and spin the black circle... ;)
    st. pete '94
    west palm beach '98
    tampa '00
    tampa '03
    tampa '08
    brooklyn '13
    austin '14
    austin '14
    tampa '16

ed - clearwater '12
    ed - clearwater '12
  • markin ballmarkin ball Posts: 1,075
    They're playing three...Amongst the Waves, Just Breathe and Force of Nature in that order. ;)
    "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ."

"With our thoughts we make the world"
  • MahaloevMahaloev Posts: 305
    How about playing the new song that the bands been working on that will be recorded & distributed soon from the Christmas single. :lol:
    The Stars, the Snow, the Fire
    drsluggo wrote:
    GSMF does sound a little flat live... but I still think it sounds solid for what the song is (a fairly simple song). Songs that I think sound REALLY flat live are Amongst the Waves (i know I'm in the minority here - but the album version just seems so much fuller) and to a lesser extent Force of Nature which is my favorite off the album. Speed of Sound I just don't like with the full band - I love the demo version though.
    i dont mind amongst the waves live, but i totally agree with you on force of nature. it seems like theres a ton of depth being lost on that song live (not that i dont like it tho ;))
  • I can't believe none of you hoped or predicted they are going to have a special guest yet. It seems like one of the cool things to do.
  • My3rdEyeMy3rdEye Posts: 927
    They should rock Johnny Guitar! That song kicks so much ass!

If you haven't gotten this song yet you're just not playing it LOUD enough :)
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    i can see it being got some and just breathe - the current double a sides promoting backspacer.....now to find out if we in the uk will see this?
  • My3rdEyeMy3rdEye Posts: 927
    pdalowsky wrote:
    i can see it being got some and just breathe - the current double a sides promoting backspacer.....now to find out if we in the uk will see this?

You're probably right...

I'm sure it will be on Youtube within hours of broadcast if you don't get it on TV there.
  • t0mMyet0mMye Posts: 821
    I really like GSMF, no problems here with it.
    Ten Club # 433608, when I am 80 I will be in the front row!
  • I hope two rockers, like GSMF and Johnny Guitar or Got Some or Supersonic. Don't do a ballad on SNL, for pete's sake.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014