Soundgarden to headline LOLA

solat1973solat1973 Posts: 131
edited February 2010 in The Porch
Just heard on the radio soundgarden is confirmed to headline lola this year on August 7th.. D.J. also said this will be the start of the their summer tour.. Hopefully we get some spring dates..
Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up that we realize something was actually strange.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    solat1973 wrote:
    Just heard on the radio soundgarden is confirmed to headline lola this year on August 7th.. D.J. also said this will be the start of the their summer tour.. Hopefully we get some spring dates..

what station?
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • 101.9 rxp NYC
    Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up that we realize something was actually strange.
  • Well this kinda changes what people have been thinking/saying here the last few weeks. Maybe we will get PJ before Europe, rather than after.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Well this kinda changes what people have been thinking/saying here the last few weeks. Maybe we will get PJ before Europe, rather than after.

I really hope we do.. crossing my fingers..
  • pjfan021pjfan021 Posts: 684
    soundgarden, the strokes, arcade fire, green day and lady gaga according to the sun times and tribune. they've been right every year before so i'd take it to the bank.
  • This sucks.. lola is fine. But summer tour means no PJ tour during that time. Thats right.. i'm selfish. F soundgarden. If they find another drummer than thats fine. But if its not a double soundgarden/PJ tour than I don't like it.
  • "Next week" might finally come!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • i'm more than ok with this. let soundgarden have august.
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • This sentence from Yahoo sticks out like a sore thumb for me.

Quote. "But a Soundgarden tour routing is still a work in progress, due to Cameron's prior commitments with Pearl Jam in the spring and summer."
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,262
    i'm more than ok with this. let soundgarden have august.

+1 i'll take the spring shows over August anytime ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Cameron's prior commitments with Pearl Jam in the spring and summer."
    I'm getting a chubby!
  • This sentence from Yahoo sticks out like a sore thumb for me.

Quote. "But a Soundgarden tour routing is still a work in progress, due to Cameron's prior commitments with Pearl Jam in the spring and summer."

The sentence my eyes went to first! Made my day.
  • Cameron's prior commitments with Pearl Jam in the spring and summer."
    I'm getting a chubby!
    :lol:
  • Laf9124Laf9124 Posts: 342
    This sentence from Yahoo sticks out like a sore thumb for me.

May 1 is considered spring. The Europe shows are considered summer. I really think that's all we're getting, and I'm ok with it. I've been lucky enough to see PJ every year since 03(including Jazz Fest). Think about that--that's 8 straight years of touring. They have families, and toss in EVs solo tours--we've been very lucky. Especially considering the fact that they usually tour based on nothing the love of playing live. Let Soundgarden have their moment.

Also--all the Lolla reports only list 5 headliners. They have 6(2 per night) these days. The biggest names for that sixth spot are still Jay Z and Pearl Jam, and I doubt it makes sense to have two non rock bands as headliners. I think that'd be a first.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,850
    This sucks.. lola is fine. But summer tour means no PJ tour during that time. Thats right.. i'm selfish. F soundgarden. If they find another drummer than thats fine. But if its not a double soundgarden/PJ tour than I don't like it.
    ITS ONE DATE

Why does everyone assume that soundgarden will do a large tour?
    Why does everyone assume that there will be no PJ US dates if soundgarden plays shows?
    Why does everyone assume that PJ will not tour in the spring or the fall if soundgarden plays lolla?
    Why does anyone think that SG and PJ would play together?
    Can anyone think of another band that only played lolla and had no other dates that year?

I just dont get the logic to some of these assumptions.

As if this moment, ONE soundgarden date is likely. Thats right one. It doesnt mean anything beyond that.
    And it is highly unlikely that PJ and SG would tour together-cameron is not going to play two sets in a row and cornell isnt getting the band back together to split paychecks with Eddie. PJ and SG are coordinating and trying to accommodate each other-to everyones benefit and at considerable expense to the concert goer.

But hey, the killer is that I can see Matt coming into the warehouse announcing that SG wants to play some dates over the summer and Ed/PJ being incredibly indulgent of that desire.

Time will tell.
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    i'm surprised rxp actually "spilled the beans." they're usually not the gossipy-type as some other stations are.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
    I agree. Soundgarden though is fielding offers from all the big festivals this summer. I think that instead of a proper "city" tour, they may opt for that in the winter(when maybe a remastered hits disc comes out?) and only do the fest circuit this summer. It makes sense, as when do you remember PJ touring the States in the winter? It's been awhile.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,262
    Matt is the one who will make out like a bandit $$$$$$ wise, i agree with GetRight on all points ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,850
    Matt is the one who will make out like a bandit $$$$$$ wise, i agree with GetRight on all points ..
    as usual
    they are gonna make us sweat it out..........oh well
    whenever they announce shows, I know we will be there and thats all that really matters

the rest

is just masturbatory speculation ;)
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    This sentence from Yahoo sticks out like a sore thumb for me.

Spring - JazzFest
    Summer - Europe
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • I heard about Soundgarden confirming the Lolla gig this morning on the radio in Montana...
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    Sorta suprised no one said this yet.... So ill just do it in big obnoxious large text.

They better be the main headliner.

If Lady shit shit gets priority over Soundgarden than that is just sad.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • And sharing the stage... the disco genius of Lady Gaga! :oops: :oops: :oops:
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • "Next week" might finally come!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    The oceans made me, but who came up with love?

"You put some udder cream on that shit?" ~EV 5/17/10
    Sorta suprised no one said this yet.... So ill just do it in big obnoxious large text.

They better be the main headliner.

If Lady shit shit gets priority over Soundgarden than that is just sad.

Lolla does this double headliner thing nowadays. Each main stage has an act that plays from 8-10 pm(or 830..depends on act). Last year it was KOL/Depeche Mode, Yeah Yeah Yeahs/Tool, and Janes Addiction/Killers. I'm sure that it'll probably be Lady Gaga and Soundgarden on the same night, seeing as they have completely different fan bases.
  • Laf9124 wrote:
    I'm sure that it'll probably be Lady Gaga and Soundgarden on the same night, seeing as they have completely different fan bases.

I'm already planning my trip to Chicago just in case Soundgarden does play. But am I the only one who would be bummed if Lady Gaga and Soundgarden play at the same time? I'd actually be interested in seeing Lady Gaga play. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be boring.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Get_Right wrote:
    This sucks.. lola is fine. But summer tour means no PJ tour during that time. Thats right.. i'm selfish. F soundgarden. If they find another drummer than thats fine. But if its not a double soundgarden/PJ tour than I don't like it.
    ITS ONE DATE

Why does everyone assume that soundgarden will do a large tour?
    Why does everyone assume that there will be no PJ US dates if soundgarden plays shows?
    Why does everyone assume that PJ will not tour in the spring or the fall if soundgarden plays lolla?
    Why does anyone think that SG and PJ would play together?
    Can anyone think of another band that only played lolla and had no other dates that year?

I just dont get the logic to some of these assumptions.

As if this moment, ONE soundgarden date is likely. Thats right one. It doesnt mean anything beyond that.
    And it is highly unlikely that PJ and SG would tour together-cameron is not going to play two sets in a row and cornell isnt getting the band back together to split paychecks with Eddie. PJ and SG are coordinating and trying to accommodate each other-to everyones benefit and at considerable expense to the concert goer.

But hey, the killer is that I can see Matt coming into the warehouse announcing that SG wants to play some dates over the summer and Ed/PJ being incredibly indulgent of that desire.

Time will tell.
    you've been on here alota years and you should know by now how much the fan boys/girls freak out bout everything little this band does. Agreed on every point cept the double of SG and PJ. I have a feeling it will happen. Don't be to surprised to see pj and Sg do some festival dates us around a double bill tour. Both bands are cash cows. Let's not look the other way to that.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,139
    skipshot wrote:
    Laf9124 wrote:
    I'm sure that it'll probably be Lady Gaga and Soundgarden on the same night, seeing as they have completely different fan bases.

I'm already planning my trip to Chicago just in case Soundgarden does play. But am I the only one who would be bummed if Lady Gaga and Soundgarden play at the same time? I'd actually be interested in seeing Lady Gaga play. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be boring.
    especially if she gets her wang out