*THE 2010, 2012, and 2014 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS*

Comments

• rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    JMo wrote:
    I say most LA 'fans' are bandwagon fans, not every.

It's cool that you became a fan of this team in the 80's that won more world series than any other team in that decade. I just don't see how you can keep pointing to 2010, and claiming that's the reason we're Giants fans. But I guess it makes sense, if you're calling the kettle black.

I don't know what to tell you. Like I said I was 10 years old when I became a fan and had no idea how many World Series they had won. I would think staying a fan for 25 years through a lot of crap years would count for something, but I guess not.

I'm not calling you bandwagon fans, I'm saying a lot of Giants fans are and that is because of 2010.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    rrivers wrote:
    I was 11 in '88 and have been a fan since. I live outside of Sac now. I actually did not have a problem with the Giants until I moved out here. I would not pull for the Giants just because they were in the Dodgers division just like I wanted the Braves, Padres, etc. to lose. I didn't have a strong dislike for them until moving here and seeing how their fans are, listening to their announcers (Mike Krukow is the biggest buffoon in all of sports), and seeing how obsessed Giants' fans are with the Dodgers.

You sum up the smug Giants attitude when you refer to "the little people, like from Louisiana". Class act.

very interesting....same experience for my son who is going to school in San Jose. Gets much shit for wearing his dodger hat which, of course, makes him wear it more!!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    JMo wrote:
    You're a Dodgers fan that moved to Northern California! What did you expect? That's like if I moved to LA and had to put up with their fans. It comes with the territory. I'm sure it's painful.

I was 10 in 88. Played baseball since I can remember. I know people who don't like a team until they're winning. I get it.

My aplogies if it sounds smug. Not my intention. Sometimes it's difficult to convey thoughts and opinions via text. My favorite Giant growing up was a 'little person' from New Orleans. I just get frustrated with the wannabe LA fans, even up here in Portland.

Believe me, I question every day why I moved here! My wife is a die-hard Giants fan and we complain about wannabe fans a lot (pink hat Red Sox fans, etc.) We both really hate the Mets because they try to cop both the Giants and Dodgers history. Get your own! I had fun messing with her about Melky because she had a blast when Manny tested positive.

I apologize as well. We're not all bad!!! It's probably hard to believe, but I just stopped here to bust balls a little. I'm sure my posts came off harsher than I intended. I actually have a begrudging respect for the Giants. I think they do a good job acknowledging their history and the history of the game. Despite what ESPN would have us believe, I think this rivalry is better than Red Sox/Yankees.
  • JMoJMo Posts: 1,071
    rrivers wrote:
    JMo wrote:
    You're a Dodgers fan that moved to Northern California! What did you expect? That's like if I moved to LA and had to put up with their fans. It comes with the territory. I'm sure it's painful.

I was 10 in 88. Played baseball since I can remember. I know people who don't like a team until they're winning. I get it.

My aplogies if it sounds smug. Not my intention. Sometimes it's difficult to convey thoughts and opinions via text. My favorite Giant growing up was a 'little person' from New Orleans. I just get frustrated with the wannabe LA fans, even up here in Portland.

Believe me, I question every day why I moved here! My wife is a die-hard Giants fan and we complain about wannabe fans a lot (pink hat Red Sox fans, etc.) We both really hate the Mets because they try to cop both the Giants and Dodgers history. Get your own! I had fun messing with her about Melky because she had a blast when Manny tested positive.

I apologize as well. We're not all bad!!! It's probably hard to believe, but I just stopped here to bust balls a little. I'm sure my posts came off harsher than I intended. I actually have a begrudging respect for the Giants. I think they do a good job acknowledging their history and the history of the game. Despite what ESPN would have us believe, I think this rivalry is better than Red Sox/Yankees.

Ha! I hear ya. Pink hat fans are the worst!

Well, you have it hard. Especially being a Dodgers fan AND your wife being a Giants fan.

I know a lot of true blue Dodger fans, because of family friends in LA. And they do respect that history. We went to rival games every year at Candlestick till I moved away in 1998. Some of my greatest memories, win or lose.

Where are you in Northern California?
  • PJFAN13PJFAN13 Posts: 1,422
    rrivers wrote:
    We both really hate the Mets because they try to cop both the Giants and Dodgers history. Get your own!
    EASY with the Mets hatred! The Mets were founded to replace New York's departed National League teams, the Brooklyn Dodgers and New York Giants. The Mets colors honor the city's history of National League baseball (Dodgers blue and Giants orange)
    :D
    Our own history is rich with championships, hall of fame players and almost 2 full decades of collapses and utter disappointments!!! :lol:
    11.30.93~10.2.96~9.13.98~9.1.00~8.25.00~7.3.03~7.5.03
    7.9.03~9.28.04~10.1.05~5.12.06~5.13.06~5.27.06~5.28.06
    8.5.08(EV)~10.9.09~5.21.10~6.20.11(EV)~7.5.11(EV)~7.9.11(EV)
    11.21.13~8.27.16(EV)~11.14.16(TOTD)~4.13.20~9.27.20~9.26.21~10.2.21
    2.15.22 (EV)~2.25.22 (EV)~2.27.22 (EV)~5.3.22~5.7.22~9.17.24~9.29.24
    JMo wrote:
    rrivers wrote:
    JMo wrote:

Ha! I hear ya. Pink hat fans are the worst!

Well, you have it hard. Especially being a Dodgers fan AND your wife being a Giants fan.

I know a lot of true blue Dodger fans, because of family friends in LA. And they do respect that history. We went to rival games every year at Candlestick till I moved away in 1998. Some of my greatest memories, win or lose.

Where are you in Northern California?

We live in Roseville, just outside Sacramento. I actually work in Sac.

Yeah with my wife and I it's always fun for one and torture for the other on days like today thru Wednesday. :D
  • Ernie VedderErnie Vedder Redlands, CA Posts: 2,247
    GO DODGERS!
    A54CDC74-AB63-4EC8-9B55-3658DDD136FC-13112-000005CA4B5AFE40_zps094ecfbc.jpg
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,933
    rrivers wrote:

Gotta love Giant fans constant justifications! And it's hilarious to hear you talk about LA having bandwagon fans with all the Giants' "fans" now after 2010. I love hearing they have a long sellout streak at their park when every game there are thousands of empty seats.

good to see you guys have made up :lol: but rrivers picked a bad time to talk shit....

last night, d**gers/giants, first place on the line, cy young on the mound, 80 degrees, first home game after a 10 game roadie......and at least 20,000 empty seats :shock:

way to represent, LA. maybe a new episode of keeping up with the kardashians was on?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    rrivers wrote:

Gotta love Giant fans constant justifications! And it's hilarious to hear you talk about LA having bandwagon fans with all the Giants' "fans" now after 2010. I love hearing they have a long sellout streak at their park when every game there are thousands of empty seats.

good to see you guys have made up :lol: but rrivers picked a bad time to talk shit....

last night, d**gers/giants, first place on the line, cy young on the mound, 80 degrees, first home game after a 10 game roadie......and at least 20,000 empty seats :shock:

way to represent, LA. maybe a new episode of keeping up with the kardashians was on?

But the Dodgers didn't say there was a sellout when there obviously wasn't like the Giants would have.

I'll take my medicine, you won. Great pitching. How Kemp can swing at the first pitch out of the strike zone down 2 in the 9th I am still trying to figure out. I told my wife I would have pinch hit for Ethier against Lopez. I was shocked he even made contact the way he's been hitting against lefties lately.
    rrivers wrote:

But the Dodgers didn't say there was a sellout when there obviously wasn't like the Giants would have.

when all the tickets are sold....it's a sellout. I believe every pro team uses tickets sold vs. asses in the seats. sure AT&T might not ALWAYS be full (maybe a tuesday night against the astros), but the support has been pretty damn consistent for the past 12 years.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Going to game tonite!!!!
    hope we win :?
    Lizard wrote:
    Going to game tonite!!!!

have fun!!
    hope you lose!!

:wave:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    Lizard wrote:
    Going to game tonite!!!!

have fun!!
    hope you lose!!

:lol::lol::lol: :wave:
    Lizard wrote:
    Going to game tonite!!!!

P.S. don't forget your manny dreadlocks.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    Lizard wrote:
    Going to game tonite!!!!

can i borrow your panda hat?
    Lizard wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    Lizard wrote:
    Going to game tonite!!!!

can i borrow your panda hat?

don't have one....it's a shame I can't get you my BONDS jersey by gametime. damn :x

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    rrivers wrote:

when all the tickets are sold....it's a sellout. I believe every pro team uses tickets sold vs. asses in the seats. sure AT&T might not ALWAYS be full (maybe a tuesday night against the astros), but the support has been pretty damn consistent for the past 12 years.

You are the perfect Giants fan, can justify anything! "sure AT&T might not ALWAYS be full" but it's ok that we still call it a sellout and all the tickets are not sold. I guarantee I can buy a ticket to almost any Giants game. Yeah the support was consistent all through the Bonds disgrace that the Giants don't even want to acknowledge happened.
    rrivers wrote:

You are the perfect Giants fan, can justify anything! "sure AT&T might not ALWAYS be full" but it's ok that we still call it a sellout and all the tickets are not sold. I guarantee I can buy a ticket to almost any Giants game.

dude, you are really hung up on this sellout thing. tickets are sold but then get turned back in....that's why you can find them. I'm just telling you, every team does this....the red sox, the phillies, the broncos, etc. what's the big deal?

and, yeah, I am the perfect giants fan.....been a fan since the 1960s, had season tickets from 1992-2006, have been to playoff games every year they've made it since 1987...

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    imalive wrote:
    Lizard wrote:
    Going to game tonite!!!!

have fun!!
    hope you lose!!

:nono:

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

rrivers and I have declared a truce :mrgreen:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • JMoJMo Posts: 1,071
    imalive wrote:
    rrivers and I have declared a truce :mrgreen:

Nice. We don't need bloody battles between Pearl Jam fans.
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,988
    Listening to the game while 'working' :)
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Ernie VedderErnie Vedder Redlands, CA Posts: 2,247
    Dodges aint doing too good :oops:
    A54CDC74-AB63-4EC8-9B55-3658DDD136FC-13112-000005CA4B5AFE40_zps094ecfbc.jpg
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    1.5 games ahead

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

Fuck this fucking game.
    rrivers wrote:
    Fuck this fucking game.

:lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    rrivers wrote:
    Fuck this fucking game.
    +10000
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,359
    imalive wrote:
    rrivers wrote:
    Fuck this fucking game.

:lol:

Yeah that was beautiful. :lol:

"Anything that travels that far ought to have a goddam stewardess on it."
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Lizard wrote:
    rrivers wrote:
    Fuck this fucking game.
    +10000

at least you got a bobblehead (that looks absolutely nothing like f*rn*ndo) :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,359
    So we got our Hunter Pence bobbleheads last night. Came with a postcard:
    Thanks, Phillies fans, for the great memories. I'm glad my Bobble Figurine will still be given out even though I'm no longer in Philadelphia. I hope it will serve as a lasting reminder of my time there. It was a year of my career that I will never forget.

Definitely a sign of a bad season. :roll:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16