*THE 2010, 2012, and 2014 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS*

Comments

• PJFAN13PJFAN13 Posts: 1,422
    So I will be going to my first ever baseball game in early September, with a bunch of exchange students from all over the world who are currently studying in San Francisco.

Now fellow PJ fans, please give me the run down of what I need to know about the game:
    How to much are drinks? Do I need to smuggle in my hip flask?
    What is the best food? Hotdog with the lot? :)

MUST haves:
    Gilroy Garlic Fries ($7)
    Orlando's Jerk Chicken bowl ($9)
    Gordon Biersch Marzen ($9)

Can't go wrong with the hot dog/sausage fare either.

I'm not a Giants fan (Mets fan) but whenever I'm in the Bay Area I make it a point to catch a game, one of the best (maybe THE best) ballpark to see a game. Walk around the entire park, check out McCovey Bay in the outfield..really cool. You'll spend $40-$50 on beers/grub - and there is SO much to choose from. But, the jerk chicken bowl and garlic fries are the BOMB. I'm a fan of Marzen (can get it here in SD @ Petco, but I love Stone IPA so I go for that).
    You will have a blast - enjoy your fun ballgame. You will spend the rest of your baseball life comparing that ballpark to every other one you ever go to...
    ENJOY
    11.30.93~10.2.96~9.13.98~9.1.00~8.25.00~7.3.03~7.5.03
    7.9.03~9.28.04~10.1.05~5.12.06~5.13.06~5.27.06~5.28.06
    8.5.08(EV)~10.9.09~5.21.10~6.20.11(EV)~7.5.11(EV)~7.9.11(EV)
    11.21.13~8.27.16(EV)~11.14.16(TOTD)~4.13.20~9.27.20~9.26.21~10.2.21
    2.15.22 (EV)~2.25.22 (EV)~2.27.22 (EV)~5.3.22~5.7.22~9.17.24~9.29.24
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,933
    So I will be going to my first ever baseball game in early September, with a bunch of exchange students from all over the world who are currently studying in San Francisco.

Now fellow PJ fans, please give me the run down of what I need to know about the game:
    How to much are drinks? Do I need to smuggle in my hip flask?
    What is the best food? Hotdog with the lot? :)

take your own food...get an andronico's deli sandwich....smuggle in a flask....save your money for the ridiculously over-priced beers. you'll spend a $20 everytime you buy two. it's worth it, but save your food money (so it becomes BEER money) :mrgreen:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    soriano says...no, i no play west coast baseball...i play crap baseball with cubs. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    tough month for the giants...

trade for pence
    melky gets busted
    dodgers heating up

triple ouch
    The Fixer wrote:

trade for pence
    melky gets busted
    dodgers heating up

triple ouch

pence is fine
    true that
    d**gers suck

single ouch.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,972
    Pence is fine? He's hitting .177/.212/.290 - yeah, I wouldn't call that fine...

don't try to bring me down with facts.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,362
    imalive wrote:

don't try to bring me down with facts.

Them facts always getting in the way of my good stories. :evil:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • PJFAN13 wrote:

MUST haves:
    Gilroy Garlic Fries ($7)
    Orlando's Jerk Chicken bowl ($9)

You will have a blast - enjoy your fun ballgame. You will spend the rest of your baseball life comparing that ballpark to every other one you ever go to...
    ENJOY

Sounds amazing! Thank you. :)
    imalive wrote:

take your own food...get an andronico's deli sandwich....smuggle in a flask....save your money for the ridiculously over-priced beers. you'll spend a $20 everytime you buy two. it's worth it, but save your food money (so it becomes BEER money) :mrgreen:

I don't really drink beer, happy to smuggle in a flask.
    Is it hard to smuggle?
    Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure - science.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

Men love to wonder, and that is the seed of science.
    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

I don't really drink beer, happy to smuggle in a flask.
    Is it hard to smuggle?

not at all. you can have a backpack, bursting at the seams, and they give it a couple of quick pats.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Ernie VedderErnie Vedder Redlands, CA Posts: 2,247
    HAHAHA :lol::lol::lol:

1382be0e216cc63fcb6ca7288ddaec33.jpg
    A54CDC74-AB63-4EC8-9B55-3658DDD136FC-13112-000005CA4B5AFE40_zps094ecfbc.jpg
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736

1382be0e216cc63fcb6ca7288ddaec33.jpg

:lol:

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• imalive wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

trade for pence
    melky gets busted
    dodgers heating up

triple ouch

pence is fine
    true that
    d**gers suck

single ouch.

Still agree, single ouch. Love how the Philly fans found a place to hibernate while their team sits at the bottom of the NL East. ;)
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    imalive wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

trade for pence
    melky gets busted
    dodgers heating up

triple ouch

pence is fine
    true that
    d**gers suck

single ouch.

Still agree, single ouch. Love how the Philly fans found a place to hibernate while their team sits at the bottom of the NL East. ;)

just pointing out that the guy you traded for sucks balls. good luck with that
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

troll d**ger fans :roll:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    imalive wrote:
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

troll dodger fans :roll:

sure glad you dont own this

Troll-B-Gone.jpg

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    I went to the coffee shop today and had my coffee black. Because the Melk was out!
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseb ... -1.1139623

And the hits just keep on coming! Well, not from Melky...
  • Ernie VedderErnie Vedder Redlands, CA Posts: 2,247
    imalive wrote:
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

troll d**ger fans :roll:
    623C3B65-6D2B-4AB7-820E-7FEF1B93F715-10272-000005B103EE2DA8.jpg
    So...1st place, here we come!
    A54CDC74-AB63-4EC8-9B55-3658DDD136FC-13112-000005CA4B5AFE40_zps094ecfbc.jpg
    There are more Dodger fans in this thread than Giants fans, similar to AT&T when LA is in town!
  • JMoJMo Posts: 1,071
    Gotta love the LA team's bandwagoneers! They never have a good reason why they like an LA team. Usually born and raised in Northern California their whole life, never once seeing a game at Dodger stadium and only driving through LA on their way to Disneyland, just so they can wear their Kobe jerseys on Splash Mountain. Just because your cousin lives in Norwalk, doesn't make you a Dodger fan.

But as a Giants fan, and a father of an 8 year old boy (who just last week was cheering for Melky every time he came up to bat at ATT park), this is pretty disappointing. I know I was hurt finding out later that the players I had plastered on my wall as a kid, were not legit. This stuff is difficult to explain to my boy. He just doesn't understand.
    rrivers wrote:
    There are more Dodger fans in this thread than Giants fans, similar to AT&T when LA is in town!

you KNOW that's bullshit.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    JMo wrote:
    Gotta love the LA team's bandwagoneers! They never have a good reason why they like an LA team. Usually born and raised in Northern California their whole life, never once seeing a game at Dodger stadium and only driving through LA on their way to Disneyland, just so they can wear their Kobe jerseys on Splash Mountain. Just because your cousin lives in Norwalk, doesn't make you a Dodger fan.

But as a Giants fan, and a father of an 8 year old boy (who just last week was cheering for Melky every time he came up to bat at ATT park), this is pretty disappointing. I know I was hurt finding out later that the players I had plastered on my wall as a kid, were not legit. This stuff is difficult to explain to my boy. He just doesn't understand.

Gotta love Giant fans constant justifications! And it's hilarious to hear you talk about LA having bandwagon fans with all the Giants' "fans" now after 2010. I love hearing they have a long sellout streak at their park when every game there are thousands of empty seats.

Here's the reason I'm a Dodger fan. I grew up in New Orleans with no MLB team and loved baseball. I liked Steve Sax so gravitated to the Dodgers then Kirk GIbson hit that home run in '88 and I've been hooked since. I remember exactly where I was when that happened. It has nothing to do with "wearing a Kobe jersey on Splash Mountain", which I don't really understand because I don't remember Kobe playing for the Dodgers but maybe I'm mistaken.
    rrivers wrote:

Gotta love Giant fans constant justifications! And it's hilarious to hear you talk about LA having bandwagon fans with all the Giants' "fans" now after 2010. I love hearing they have a long sellout streak at their park when every game there are thousands of empty seats.

Here's the reason I'm a Dodger fan. I grew up in New Orleans with no MLB team and loved baseball. I liked Steve Sax so gravitated to the Dodgers then Kirk GIbson hit that home run in '88 and I've been hooked since. I remember exactly where I was when that happened. It has nothing to do with "wearing a Kobe jersey on Splash Mountain", which I don't really understand because I don't remember Kobe playing for the Dodgers but maybe I'm mistaken.

we both have many long term fans. I liked willie mays; you liked steve sax :shock: :lol:

whatever.....but your idea that d**ger fans ever take over AT&T (or candlestick) is absolute bullshit.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    rrivers wrote:
    JMo wrote:

So, you were hooked in 88? Didn't the Dodgers win that year? I think they won when Steve Sax was a rookie too. Or maybe he was a sophomore, I can't remember. But I do know Steve Sax pretty well, because he was a Sac boy and went to high school not far from where I grew up. We also would call our friends Steve Sax whenever we overthrew a ball.

The Kobe jersey is in reference to LA teams. Big market pulling the little people, like from Louisiana. I guess one LA to the next, right?

All pro clubs use the 'sell-out' approach. That's nothing new. Yeah, it gets old. The Blazers do it up here too, it's marketing. To each their own. But if you come into a stadium as a 'visitor', have a little respect. The same would go for a 'Giants thread'. Maybe since the Dodgers are doing better they'll have their own thread on the PJ boards, next season.
    imalive wrote:
    rrivers wrote:

we both have many long term fans. I liked willie mays; you liked steve sax :shock: :lol:

whatever.....but your idea that d**ger fans ever take over AT&T (or candlestick) is absolute bullshit.

I didn't compare Steve Sax to Willie Mays as a player. I was pointing out how I became a fan because JMo acts like every Dodger fan is a bandwagon fan. I've been a fan through many lean years where, growing up in NOLA before the internet I would wait a couple of days to see the score in the paper because the games ended so late. Nothing special, I'm sure a lot of big baseball fans did this.

Dodger fans taking over AT&T is a little strong, but there are A LOT of Dodger fans (trust me I've been there with Dodger cheers drowning out Giant fans) there something Krukow and Kuiper never point out but they love pointing how "Giants fans travel so well" to Colorado, SD, AZ, etc. They aren't traveling, they are 2010 bandwagon fans. You want to talk about bandwagon fans, look right there.
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,362
    :corn: 8-)
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    JMo wrote:
    rrivers wrote:
    JMo wrote:

So, you were hooked in 88? Didn't the Dodgers win that year? I think they won when Steve Sax was a rookie too. Or maybe he was a sophomore, I can't remember. But I do know Steve Sax pretty well, because he was a Sac boy and went to high school not far from where I grew up. We also would call our friends Steve Sax whenever we overthrew a ball.

The Kobe jersey is in reference to LA teams. Big market pulling the little people, like from Louisiana. I guess one LA to the next, right?

All pro clubs use the 'sell-out' approach. That's nothing new. Yeah, it gets old. The Blazers do it up here too, it's marketing. To each their own. But if you come into a stadium as a 'visitor', have a little respect. The same would go for a 'Giants thread'. Maybe since the Dodgers are doing better they'll have their own thread on the PJ boards, next season.

I was 11 in '88 and have been a fan since. I live outside of Sac now. I actually did not have a problem with the Giants until I moved out here. I would not pull for the Giants just because they were in the Dodgers division just like I wanted the Braves, Padres, etc. to lose. I didn't have a strong dislike for them until moving here and seeing how their fans are, listening to their announcers (Mike Krukow is the biggest buffoon in all of sports), and seeing how obsessed Giants' fans are with the Dodgers.

You sum up the smug Giants attitude when you refer to "the little people, like from Louisiana". Class act.
    I say most LA 'fans' are bandwagon fans, not every.

It's cool that you became a fan of this team in the 80's that won more world series than any other team in that decade. I just don't see how you can keep pointing to 2010, and claiming that's the reason we're Giants fans. But I guess it makes sense, if you're calling the kettle black.
    edited August 2012
    You're a Dodgers fan that moved to Northern California! What did you expect? That's like if I moved to LA and had to put up with their fans. It comes with the territory. I'm sure it's painful.

I was 10 in 88. Played baseball since I can remember. I know people who don't like a team until they're winning. I get it.

My aplogies if it sounds smug. Not my intention. Sometimes it's difficult to convey thoughts and opinions via text. My favorite Giant growing up was a 'little person' from New Orleans. I just get frustrated with the wannabe LA fans, even up here in Portland.
    Post edited by JMo on