You dropped food on the floor...do you eat it?

ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
edited February 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
4355092908_aae514a76d_o.jpg
★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    haha Are you a puma? :lol:

So do you?

I personally never ever do....ew....but my mate the other night dropped a chip on the floor and said "two second rule" and picked it up and ate it! AND I have dogs that walk all around the house too! :? So gross. But he thought it was completely normally.
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    Hell to the no

If i was homeless, yes, but I'm not so no.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • If it's raw steak, then you are going to cook it anyway, so yes, I'd eat it.

But then again, I eat things that I drop in my house all of the time.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    really depends on what you've dropped and where you've dropped it

cake on a carpet...not so much

cookie on carpet...you bet!
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    That's awesome.

I usually just eat it.
  • gearboygearboy Posts: 349
    4.9 seconds = eat it
    5.0 seconds = NO WAY!!

:lol: rules are rules :lol:
    IT'S NO CRIME TO ESCAPE!!!!!!!!!
    03/22/94, 01/14/95, 09/24/96, 08/25/98, 08/26/98, 08/31/98, 09/01/98, 09/22/98, 09/23/98, 08/09/00, 08/10/00, 08/12/00, 08/20/00, 08/21/00, 04/11/03, 04/13/03, 07/08/03, 07/09/03, 09/28/04, 09/29/04, 10/06/04, 10/08/04, 09/28/05, 05/20/06, 05/03/10, 05/04/10, 05/10/10
  • if I saw it fall I eat it... if it's already on the floor, no.
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • gearboy wrote:
    4.9 seconds = eat it
    5.0 seconds = NO WAY!!

:lol: rules are rules :lol:
    Perfectly stated gearboy
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    If it's raw steak, then you are going to cook it anyway, so yes, I'd eat it.

But then again, I eat things that I drop in my house all of the time.
    what if it's cooked? I caught my arm on the door handle while carrying four ribeyes in from the bbq a while ago...they landed right on the doormat. nasty.
    They were worth like $50 tho, and I'd been marinating/drooling over them all day....so I said f it, rinsed them in the sink and ate them :? :lol:
  • :lol::lol::lol::lol: ill not cook again,,what a waste of time
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    norm wrote:
    really depends on what you've dropped and where you've dropped it

cake on a carpet...not so much

cookie on carpet...you bet!

I'm with you on this......
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • If it's something moist that dirt/dust is gonna stick to...nah. Throw that away. I love pizza and never want to waste any, so if I drop some that lands right side up I pick it up and eat it...after wiping it off a bit of course. If it lands upside down you don't know what's gonna stuck in the sauce and cheese...so then I'm screwed and just toss it.

But yeah, really depends on what you drop and where you drop it...and for how long you drop it.
    ***Desperately looking for a Pearl Jam Phillies themed Oct. 31 Philadelphia shirt in M or L. Got one you don't want/need? Help a brother out!
  • jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    Kiss it up to God. All good.
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    :lol:

That was good.

Yeah I wouldn't, i have a dog so chances are there would be a bunch of hairs on it. :P
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Once dropped mashed potatoes, corn, and some turkey breast on a kitchen floor that wasn't exactly clean enough to eat off of....but I picked it up and ate it....I really didn't have anything else to eat...I was broke living @ my sisters...

I have no shame. :)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Depends what the food was - chocolate yep pick it up and eat it, healthy veg - prob give it a miss :oops:
    This thread is making me feel a little ill :? Steak? Pizza? Potatoes? Nooooo!!!

However, it's funny how I can't eat something that's been on the floor but if I dropped say a joint on the floor now or a cigarette back when I was a smoker, I'd have no hesitation in picking it up and putting it in my mouth.
  • WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    ZiggyStar wrote:

However, it's funny how I can't eat something that's been on the floor but if I dropped say a joint on the floor now or a cigarette back when I was a smoker, I'd have no hesitation in picking it up and putting it in my mouth.

Gotcha...
    Steak, potatoes, pizza? In my house with two dogs, I wouldn't eat those. Well, if it were pizza crust, I'd investigate for any dog hair. It's my house, I know my dogs...no biggie. Generally though, if something hits the floor here, it instantly has dog hair on it and I toss it. If my dogs behave enough, I'll give them what fell on the floor. They're not allowed to be walking around the dining table when I'm eating so they have to wait.
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • Reading this thread makes me want to clean every inch of floorspace at my house.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • -Buru--Buru- Posts: 1,292
    if nothing visibly clung to the fallen food (like dirt, dog hairs, etc) - Yes
    If it looks dirty - no

I figure if it doesn't kill you, it makes you stronger, and I am probably immune to everything by now
    I have never eaten anything that upset my stomach (well, only once), either locally or abroad. So I guess that is proof I can stomach almost anything.
    I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there.

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,052
    ZiggyStar wrote:

or other long things!!!!! :lol::lol:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • norm wrote:

Is that Rufus from Bill & Ted?
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    depends what it is. depends on the floor.

haha jk. no i won't eat it.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • bunnybunny Posts: 270
    depends what it is. depends on the floor.
    me too.

"two second rule" haha We Japanese too say so, sometimes eat it :P
    but I always tell to my kids "STOP! Don't eat :evil: " .
  • zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    when you have children, you soon learn that anything can be eaten off the floor .... even if its been there for days :lol:
    impatience is a gift ........

haha

TWENTY ONE!!

I win! Woo hoooo! :clap:
    is that your age.
    again

Ahhh...so we've got a fucking comedian here, do we?! ;)

I'm actually THIRTY ONE in May! :thumbup: