BeWare Member Naked John

EVEDDER10EVEDDER10 Posts: 12
edited February 2010 in The Porch
I just want to give a heads up to everyone on this board. I dont post a lot but have been a member for a while and a fan for years. 2 months ago I completed a trade of posters with member Naked John. In 15 years I have found PJ fans to be good people and quite honest and trustworthy. I sent my poster first told him when he got it and approved to send mine back. To this day I havent received my poster. Im not concerned over the value but its the principal and I dont want to happen to anyone else. I really find it amazing how someone would basically steal someones poster. To this date I have left numerous phone messages and messages on this board to him and havent received a reply or the poster.

Once Again the members name is Naked John.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    sorry about that, I've never heard of the username and I've been here FOREVER. :lol:
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    sorry about that, I've never heard of the username and I've been here FOREVER. :lol:
    +1

But with the new Pit, you can change your name within seconds
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • arqarq Posts: 8,012
    Well without a real name and the possibility of change your pit name anytime you want we're screwed...

What's this beautiful human being real name?
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    Me either.....
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • On the other hand, I bought an Avocado LP from JonnyRock1979. It arrived beautifully packaged, and in excellent condition. So, good feedback here.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • ElzarElzar Posts: 966
    sucks to hear you got stiffed. any info (besides personal info) you can provide, maybe we can corner this dood?
  • thats really sucks.....thats why i talk to arg if i want something..100% positive feadback..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,530
    thats really sucks.....thats why i talk to arg if i want something..100% positive feadback..

I don't trust 'arg'. Guy owe's me 50 bucks! :evil:
    Oh wait, you meant 'arq'. Ah, he's a cool kat! 8-)
  • Aero83_Aero83_ Posts: 933
    Ill consider myself warned...LMFAO
    ...10/31/09, 05/21/10, Peru, Los Angeles
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    edited February 2010
    demetrios wrote:
    thats really sucks.....thats why i talk to arg if i want something..100% positive feadback..

I don't trust 'arg'. Guy owe's me 50 bucks! :evil:
    Oh wait, you meant 'arq'. Ah, he's a cool kat! 8-)
    :lol:
    Arq u are such an arg.... :lol:
    Post edited by dimitrispearljam on
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Have you tried to get in touch with this guy? A while back there was a similar thread, calling out some guy, saying the same kind of things you are saying in your post. Turned out there were very valid reasons with the delays, etc. and, after a bit of communication, everything was sorted. In the meantime, the person's name was dragged in mud, etc.

Just saying.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    Aero83_ wrote:

i don't know what so funny about it, to be honest. when you make trades/etc, you never know who you're dealing with most of the time. maybe if you were the one that got screwed over, you wouldn't be laughing at all.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Arq u are such an arg.... :lol:

At least i'm not an Arse :lol:
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

mfc2006 wrote:
    Aero83_ wrote:
    ...maybe if you were the one that got screwed over, you wouldn't be laughing at all.
    +1 :(
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• I wonder if this is the same guy that stole that wine bottle from that girl at the concert? :?
  • Aero83_Aero83_ Posts: 933
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Aero83_ wrote:

i don't know what so funny about it, to be honest. when you make trades/etc, you never know who you're dealing with most of the time. maybe if you were the one that got screwed over, you wouldn't be laughing at all.

Your right, you never know who you're dealing with..I think it might be wise for all of us to maybe do dna scans after receiving posters, then report back here and disseminate the information to all. You know, check for bodily fluid deposits and such. ;)
    ...10/31/09, 05/21/10, Peru, Los Angeles
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    Aero83_ wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Aero83_ wrote:

Your right, you never know who you're dealing with..I think it might be wise for all of us to maybe do dna scans after receiving posters, then report back here and disseminate the information to all. You know, check for bodily fluid deposits and such. ;)

very funny. you what else is funny? karma.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,910
    popcornic3ba6.gif
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • mfc2006 wrote:
    Aero83_ wrote:

+1 This can be a nerve-wracking experience for us all.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • I wonder if this is the same guy that stole that wine bottle from that girl at the concert? :?

either that or maybe it was the balloon boy's dad, which makes an equal amount of sense.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,562
    popcornic3ba6.gif
    no matter how many threads i see this in it is still funny lol
  • just wanted to give an upate the members name is

John L
    Ossining NY

I got a private message from a member saying a a similar incident had occured. Sounds like this person might be pulling this over and over again. Hope this helps
  • strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    Is there no way 10c could look into it and see who's been registered under that name? I'd assume they have traceable records of that kind of thing. Also, I know it was shitty what happened to you, but I'd maybe reconsider posting the guy's full name and address!
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    this is a real shame

sucks when this happens, I've had only extremely positive experiences on here
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,182
    That sucks! I picked up benaroya vinyl about two months ago and had to send a pricey money order to get it. Didn't use eBay or paypay so I had to put a lot of faith in a stranger. Ended up working out fine, but I was definitely nervous.

Sorry you had such a bad experience.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11