london and australia fans

my_wavemy_wave Posts: 346
edited February 2010 in The Porch
are AWESOME! met some cool new fans recently, very cool people, maybe it's just me but it seems like american fans just don't have the same passion, i've always felt like i was the only one, and it's always driven me crazy how the shows everywhere else are so crazy and the crowd gets SO into it, where here it's nothing compared to when they tour other parts of the world, and not bashing or saying anything bad about the fans here in the u.s., just the few 10 club members can only be so loud and crazy and into it and then you have the typical casual fans who show up just because they want to hear the radio hits from ten, etc... it just amazes me how much passion and fuel that's expressed everywhere else but here, i just don't get it... like watching the crowds on the tb2k dvd, i would love to be a part of a crowd that has that much energy, anyways just my opinion, hello to all my new pearl jam friends and everyone else!
:D
st. pete '94
west palm beach '98
tampa '00
tampa '03
tampa '08
brooklyn '13
austin '14
austin '14
tampa '16

ed - clearwater '12
ed - clearwater '12
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Nice post.

Tell you what though - go to Germany. Immense passion there too. Wulheide is amazing.

Saffa in London
  • Cheers mate. Just throwing it out there but maybe the American fans take bands for granted because there are just so many in the states and it is a lot rarer for a big name act to come to Australia in particular, so we make the most of it.... and I get to fly over and see PJ in Europe this year so I will see first hand who is better.

Much love from Austalia
    "Too weird to live, too rare to die" Hunter S. Thompson
  • Vogstar90 wrote:
    Cheers mate. Just throwing it out there but maybe the American fans take bands for granted because there are just so many in the states and it is a lot rarer for a big name act to come to Australia in particular, so we make the most of it.... and I get to fly over and see PJ in Europe this year so I will see first hand who is better.

Much love from Austalia

I think one of the reason that Aussie crowds at (especially) big gigs get mixed reviews is, as well as the die hard fans, there are a a lot of people who come along just because a major band has made it to our shores.
    If I knew then, would I know now?

* Perth Entertainment Centre - Mar 06, 1995
    * Melbourne Park - Mar 02, 1998
    * Brisbane QSAC- Nov 25, 2009
    * EV Solo- QPAC- March 10, 12 and 13 2011

• Can of worms has just been opened..lol

i can only say the concerts ive been to have been stunning(london).But from what ive read this is the atmospher all over europe and im a sure also the usa know how to party.But ill hope one day to be able to catch a few more gigs and be able to feel the passion in other places.

kev uk
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    Thanks man. Australia is fuckin awesome. I love my country so much, so it is nice to hear you say these nice things.

If you want to see passion of Aussie crowds, plus some great music, I encourage you to visit, and sign this petition http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/ ... i?PJAUNZ09

Thanks again bud.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    pjfan31 wrote:
    Thanks man. Australia is fuckin awesome. I love my country so much, so it is nice to hear you say these nice things.

If you want to see passion of Aussie crowds, plus some great music, I encourage you to visit, and sign this petition http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/ ... i?PJAUNZ09

Thanks again bud.

Awesome Plug Dude. :D

Maybe the whole reason people are not so keen to have an Aussie DVD released, is because our concerts start the day before and finish the day after but NEVER END!!... AND everything in-between is AWESOME. :lol:
    ( maybe others don't want to be shown up as....well.....boring.)

We Rock, and thats why PJ have decided that 'everyone else' HAS to come to AUSTRALIA for the Twentieth Second day of the TENth month of TWENTY TEN. :clap: :wave: :thumbup: :clap::lol:

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/ ... i?PJAUNZ09
  • Us Euro types are the shiznet... you know it ;)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • general admission really helps the vibe, i am lucky enough to have seen pj in us and most of europe, they have the best fans ever have met nothing but lovely people
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • BALLBOYBALLBOY Posts: 1,029
    my_wave wrote:
    are AWESOME! met some cool new fans recently, very cool people, maybe it's just me but it seems like american fans just don't have the same passion, i've always felt like i was the only one, and it's always driven me crazy how the shows everywhere else are so crazy and the crowd gets SO into it, where here it's nothing compared to when they tour other parts of the world, and not bashing or saying anything bad about the fans here in the u.s., just the few 10 club members can only be so loud and crazy and into it and then you have the typical casual fans who show up just because they want to hear the radio hits from ten, etc... it just amazes me how much passion and fuel that's expressed everywhere else but here, i just don't get it... like watching the crowds on the tb2k dvd, i would love to be a part of a crowd that has that much energy, anyways just my opinion, hello to all my new pearl jam friends and everyone else!
    :D
    Cheers mate, I am Aussie & live 40min from London. PJ & Australia have awlays had a close relationship. Matt said Australia reminded him of Southern California, sorry mate it is the other way round, you are forgiven. This is a great part of following PJ you meet people from all over who the world who follow them all over the world. We are different & live different lives but have one thing in common, the greatest band in the world. Nice post, cheers again.
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14 Budapest 22 Krakow 22 Amsterdam 22 St Paul 1&2 23 Chicago 1&2 23 Chicago 1&2 24 New York 1 24 Philly 1&2 24 Boston 1&2 24 Gold Coast 24 Melbourne 1 24 Sydney 1&2 24
  • EastiesEasties Posts: 479
    I agree - GA makes a real big difference for a show. I'm going to try and keep this balanced ;) in terms of Australian crowds so here I go.....Put Australian fans in seats and they are at times some of the coldest shows around especially in Sydney! First show in Sydney in 2006 was almost embarrassing. It's even documented somewhere that Eddie made comment about how sad the crowd was. The 3rd show in Sydney though was a different story so i think we made up for it. Worst combo for me is a Tuesday/Wednesday night concert in a completely seated venue. We suck pretty bad at doing that I reckon? Put us outside or anywhere we can stand it's a completely different story. Plus Australians get real vocal when people stand in their seats early on and mid way through a show. You get a real quick 'sit the fuck down' call. That's my experience anyway : ) So in the right environment I do agree that we like to party hard.