PJ Workout Soundtrack

2»

Comments

• pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    When I'm struggling going for a run. Rockin' in the free world gets me back on track.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • DH62179DH62179 Posts: 312
    When I would run on my treadmill back in the day (until I got bored with it so I started running outdoors) I would listen to Binaural, would usually get to around Thin Air and stop. Pulled out the old treadmill last night and to my surprise it still works, not a moment too soon cause I need it. I'll definitely break out Binaural tonight when I use it, Breakerfall always got me off on the right foot.
  • The P.T.The P.T. Posts: 141
    Very nice list...

I don't listen to Pearl Jam when I lift, I don't listen to anything for that matter.

But 99 percent of the time, I have Pearl Jam on when I'm doing cardio. Blood is my "go to" song to get me through the last quarter mile or so of a run when I'm fading.

Back when I was training for marathons/triathlons I used blood as well. However, rather than replay it a few times I went back to 94/95 boots and picked up some of the 'best of' versions of Blood, Porch, etc. Soldier Field Blood lasts about 8 min if I remember right. Porch from Atlanta 94 was extremely long as well. Pick up 4 or 5 stellar live versions of kick ass songs and you have at least 30 min for the last few miles. :)
  • FeiracoFeiraco Posts: 255
    There's missing too much!

Rearviewmirror and Go definitely need to be included, the exercise becomes easy...
    Rotterdam 2000 (CANCELLED) | Arnhem 2006 | Rotterdam 2009 | Berlin 2009 | Arras 2010 | Amsterdam-1 2012 | Amsterdam-2 2012 | EV Amsterdam-1 2012 | EV Amsterdam-2 2012 | Amsterdam-1 2014 | Amsterdam-2 2014 | EV Amsterdam-2 2017 | EV Amsterdam-3 2017
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    WMA is also good
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • Break The SkyBreak The Sky Posts: 1,276
    BUMP!

I was going to start a new thread asking everyone what PJ songs they brought with them to the gym. . . fortunately I did a quick search and found this one! Here's my playlist, non-PJ songs included. If anyone has any suggestions for additions they would be much appreciated!

Show me how to live - Audioslave
    Everything Zen - Bush
    Little Things - Bush
    Vent - Collective Soul
    No Way Back - Foo Fighters
    All my Life - Foo Fighters
    Breakout - Foo Fighters
    Gonna See My Friend - PJ
    Got Some - PJ
    The Fixer - PJ
    God's Dice - PJ
    Grievance - PJ
    Hail Hail - PJ
    Habit - PJ
    Lukin - PJ
    Life Wasted - PJ
    Save You - PJ
    Green Disease - PJ
    Even Flow - PJ
    Spin the Black Circle - PJ
    Whipping - PJ
    Brain of J - PJ
    Rusty Cage - Soundgarden
    New Fang - Them Crooked Vultures
    If hope can grow from dirt like me ...
  • Mitch8415Mitch8415 Posts: 227
    Big Drop wrote:
    BUMP!

I was going to start a new thread asking everyone what PJ songs they brought with them to the gym. . . fortunately I did a quick search and found this one! Here's my playlist, non-PJ songs included. If anyone has any suggestions for additions they would be much appreciated!

Show me how to live - Audioslave
    Everything Zen - Bush
    Little Things - Bush
    Vent - Collective Soul
    No Way Back - Foo Fighters
    All my Life - Foo Fighters
    Breakout - Foo Fighters
    Gonna See My Friend - PJ
    Got Some - PJ
    The Fixer - PJ
    God's Dice - PJ
    Grievance - PJ
    Hail Hail - PJ
    Habit - PJ
    Lukin - PJ
    Life Wasted - PJ
    Save You - PJ
    Green Disease - PJ
    Even Flow - PJ
    Spin the Black Circle - PJ
    Whipping - PJ
    Brain of J - PJ
    Rusty Cage - Soundgarden
    New Fang - Them Crooked Vultures

I have also found that most Tool works well when lifting. ;)
    ~ Chicago 5/16/06 ~ Chicago 8/23/09 ~ Chicago 8/24/09 ~
    ~ Kansas City 5/3/10 ~ Alpine Valley 9/3/11 ~ Alpine Valley 9/4/11 ~
    ~ Wrigley Field 7/19/13 ~ Oklahoma City 11/16/13 ~ St. Louis 10/3/14 ~
    ~ Wrigley Field 8/20/16 ~ Wrigley Field 8/18/18 ~ Wrigley Field 8/20/18 ~
    ~ Fenway Park 9/4/18 ~ Denver 9/22/22
  • Break The SkyBreak The Sky Posts: 1,276
    I've never really gotten into tool. . . perhaps a few specific songs as suggestions?
    If hope can grow from dirt like me ...
  • Mitch8415Mitch8415 Posts: 227
    I am certain there are more fanatical Tool fans on here than I... but you can always start with their more well known stuff and go from there.

Sober
    Stinkfist
    Schism
    Aenema
    Jambi
    Parabola
    The Pot
    Lateralus
    ~ Chicago 5/16/06 ~ Chicago 8/23/09 ~ Chicago 8/24/09 ~
    ~ Kansas City 5/3/10 ~ Alpine Valley 9/3/11 ~ Alpine Valley 9/4/11 ~
    ~ Wrigley Field 7/19/13 ~ Oklahoma City 11/16/13 ~ St. Louis 10/3/14 ~
    ~ Wrigley Field 8/20/16 ~ Wrigley Field 8/18/18 ~ Wrigley Field 8/20/18 ~
    ~ Fenway Park 9/4/18 ~ Denver 9/22/22
  • BlahBlah Posts: 469
    ~ I do a Richard Simmons workout to Barack Around The Clock every day of my life. ~
  • peacegirlpeacegirl Posts: 835
    I rarely listen to PJ when working out...it's usually Springsteen...every once in awhile Madonna or Prince
  • cbbjrcbbjr Posts: 238
    Nice thread. I have a ten mile race Sunday and I was going to put together a playlist for it. Miles 7-9 on this course are pretty boring so I need to figure out a way to keep my head in it more than an hour in.
    98-KC; 00-Indianapolis, StL, KC; 03-KC, DC; 04-DC; 06-Camden2, DC, Pittsburgh; 08-DC; 09-Chicago1, Spectrum3; 10-DC; 13-Baltimore; 16-Chicago1; 18-Seattle2; 22-NY; 23-St Paul1&2, Chicago1; 24-Chicago2, NY1, Baltimore
  • jambayleaf wrote:
    I find rearviewmirror is perfect to run to.

Couldn't agree more. Great song to do sprints to...
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Posts: 3,986
    Other PJ songs I would include on my workout soundtrack, if I had to limit myself to less than what my little iPod holds: Down; Alive, again, definitely; Given to Fly; Why Go; Ghost (no, really!). Those are the first ones that come to mind.

Non-PJ music that I have found especially enjoyable on runs:

Blink-182, "All the Small Things"
    Rage Against the Machine, pretty much all of it, have to be careful not to start "singing" "F- you, I won't do what you told me" while running.
    Peter Gabriel, "Solsbury Hill" (really!)
    Everclear, "Santa Monica"
    World Party, "Way Down Now"
    Soul Coughing, "Super Bon-Bon"
    Style Council, "Strength of Your Nature" (might be too 80s for you youngsters, but I've always had a soft spot for it)
    While I'm thinking of Paul Weller -- The Jam works well, too. So do the Replacements.

But nearly any PJ song works for me. I had a really great run recently, around a lovely lake in our town. I felt so good, so positive, and "Yellow Ledbetter" popped up on my iPod. It was absolutely perfect; I think I was singing along. :oops:

I like jambayleaf's idea of dry-fit shirts. Cotton is not good on long runs.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Mitch8415 wrote:
    Another good non-PJ song to run to is "Would" by AIC.

+1

I like RITFW and Unemployable as well. Thumbs up to everyone saying RVM, too.
    Do you see the way that tree bends? Does it inspire?

I'll not lose my faith, it's an inside job today

St. Louis 5/4/10 Hope for many more!
  • usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    wendythewhippet.jpg