~ Wrigley Field 7/19/13 ~ Oklahoma City 11/16/13 ~ St. Louis 10/3/14 ~
~ Wrigley Field 8/20/16 ~ Wrigley Field 8/18/18 ~ Wrigley Field 8/20/18 ~
~ Fenway Park 9/4/18 ~ Denver 9/22/22
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    :lol::lol:
  • Pretty good. I like that.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    Severed Hand is a good work out song, too
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • Very nice list...

I don't listen to Pearl Jam when I lift, I don't listen to anything for that matter.

But 99 percent of the time, I have Pearl Jam on when I'm doing cardio. Blood is my "go to" song to get me through the last quarter mile or so of a run when I'm fading.
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,989
    Will definetly try it.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • gpo5egpo5e Posts: 3
    start any boot from the beginning and go for a relaxing run....serenity now.
  • That's a nice list! I'll have to try that out
    Austin, TX
  • Pretty good. I like that.

agreed.
    tho i'd probably remove god's dice.

i don't work out in a gym, but i walk. that seems a pretty good playlist, so thanks! :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• I find rearviewmirror is perfect to run to.
    So now I'm drivin the bus- Kramer
    You're batman!- George
    Yeah...yeah...I AM batman!!- Kramer
  • gpo5e wrote:

More than half of the songs on my iPod are PJ. Some PJ songs are better than others on my runs, but I have not found any that do not work as part of my run soundtracks.

Live versions of "Alive" are, in my opinion, the best way to get through the tough parts of a killer run.

When my son ran his first half-marathon last fall, we cued up a boot on his iPod for him, and it was just the right length. :)

I am hoping that the Philly boots appear soon; I am running my first marathon in May, and Philly 4 would get me most of the way through the race. :D
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • jambayleaf wrote:
    I find rearviewmirror is perfect to run to.

Yes, although sometimes I start going too fast, LOL.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • gpo5e wrote:

More than half of the songs on my iPod are PJ. Some PJ songs are better than others on my runs, but I have not found any that do not work as part of my run soundtracks.

Live versions of "Alive" are, in my opinion, the best way to get through the tough parts of a killer run.

When my son ran his first half-marathon last fall, we cued up a boot on his iPod for him, and it was just the right length. :)

I am hoping that the Philly boots appear soon; I am running my first marathon in May, and Philly 4 would get me most of the way through the race. :D

Doing my first marathon in May as well! Good luck! Have done halves only until now. God help me.
    You're batman!- George
  • PJ should make dry fit shirts.
    You're batman!- George
  • Yeah, probably should have added that this was created for lifting, etc. If I were to come up with one solely for cardio/running, it'd have a different feel. RVM would definitely be on it, as would "In My Tree", "Satan's Bed", "Last Exit", "Given to Fly", "Life Wasted", "Force of Nature" etc... songs that aren't as fast/up tempo... but have a nice, continuous beat that can help keep your rhythm when running.
    ~ Chicago 5/16/06 ~ Chicago 8/23/09 ~ Chicago 8/24/09 ~
    ~ Kansas City 5/3/10 ~ Alpine Valley 9/3/11 ~ Alpine Valley 9/4/11 ~
  • Many of these on my PJ Rock'n list.... I always include "Breakerfall"
    Now bring me my beer.
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    This is a good thread. I agree with most of the list. I do prefer live versions though.

Oh and two-thumbs up to Breakerfall!
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,415
    Go, Leash, Life Wasted, Porch, Even Flow is an amazing soundtrack boxing it out on thy punching bag!
  • Mitch8415 wrote:
    Yeah, probably should have added that this was created for lifting, etc. If I were to come up with one solely for cardio/running, it'd have a different feel. RVM would definitely be on it, as would "In My Tree", "Satan's Bed", "Last Exit", "Given to Fly", "Life Wasted", "Force of Nature" etc... songs that aren't as fast/up tempo... but have a nice, continuous beat that can help keep your rhythm when running.

I have a PJ-only setlist for when I run (and one that's an odd mix of PJ, Our Lady Peace, Faith No More, and Manic Street Preachers), and "In My Tree" is an AWESOME song to run to. I have my first 5k next month, and my first half marathon in December, and the Jeff/Dave A/Dave K/Jack combo has gotten me through many a mile.
    And I listen for the voice inside my head... nothing. I'll do this one myself.
  • Another good non-PJ song to run to is "Would" by AIC.
    ~ Chicago 5/16/06 ~ Chicago 8/23/09 ~ Chicago 8/24/09 ~
    ~ Kansas City 5/3/10 ~ Alpine Valley 9/3/11 ~ Alpine Valley 9/4/11 ~
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,967
    I wore out my taped off the radio copy of Atlanta 94 in the 90s while training for a marathon. I knew every nook and cranny of that boot because I listened to it so much.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Habit is a good one I think.
    Bonnaroo '08
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    Habit is a good one I think.

Tried and true!
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • I always start with Life Wasted. 8-)
  • Corduroy?
    I do like the list and will check it out
    Dream the dreams of other men...You will be no ones rival

28 times and rocked them all
  • jambayleaf wrote:
    Doing my first marathon in May as well! Good luck! Have done halves only until now. God help me.

Good luck to you, too! "They" tell me that if you can run halves and have trained properly for them (training runs over 13 miles, etc.), you can do a marathon. We will see about that! I chose a race with small crowds and a downhill course to try to shift the odds in my favor. :lol:
  • jambayleaf wrote:

Good luck to you, too! "They" tell me that if you can run halves and have trained properly for them (training runs over 13 miles, etc.), you can do a marathon. We will see about that! I chose a race with small crowds and a downhill course to try to shift the odds in my favor. :lol:

I started seriously running in January of last year, did my first half marathon in April and, based on that experience, decided to run the Marine Corps Marathon last October. If you get in all of the training for the half marathon, you can definitely do a full marathon. Just make sure you have a good playlist, and pick a race with a decent crowd so you you will have an added incentive to keep going. Training was a perfect opportunity to familiarize myself with Backspacer and relive Austin City Limits.
  • Nice tracklist! I'll try that next time I hit the gym. PJ is always in my mp3 rotation while working out....been listening to Backspacer a lot lately while pumping iron. Love that CD more everytime I hear it!
  • The second half of Rearview Mirror is fucking great when you're struggling with a set.

Whipping, Animal, Garden, Deep, DTE.

^ PJ gym songs.

Would, Rooster, My Wave, Hunger Strike - all good ones.

TOOL is badass in the weight room too.
    "It's as comfortable as can be. But when you're on stage playing with Neil, well -- it's one thing to be at the zoo and watch an animal pace around its cage. It's another to be in the cage with him." -Eddie Vedder
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    LUKIN and BLOOD is bound to get the Blood 'Pumping'...lol :lol:
  • Great list :thumbup: i'm gonna try it this afternoon... although I'll probably add RVM to the workout section :)

Glad you left out Big Wave :lol:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.