New Facebook format...

mca47mca47 Posts: 13,283
edited February 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Sucks ass!

I'm not a big Facebooker, but man...the new layout is terrible!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i agree it sux....i hate that they can change it for no good reason 8-)
    Hold on to the thread....The currents will shift....Glide me towards you....

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life....
  • true.it sucks
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • PorchsitterPorchsitter Posts: 1,069
    It feels more like MySpace with this new layout.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    It's better than the last one. Simpler. And really, who gives a shite. It's not gonna stop anyone using it.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • mine hasn't changed yet?
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    I don't really notice much difference other than it won't let me display my news feed by my custom lists anymore (which I set-up so I can just see news from the people I actually want to see it).
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,283
    know1 wrote:
    I don't really notice much difference other than it won't let me display my news feed by my custom lists anymore (which I set-up so I can just see news from the people I actually want to see it).

Took me 5 minutes to find my "friends list" last night.

Ugh!
  • Facebook doesn't love me enough to give me the new format :(
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • I'm sure I'll adjust to it in a couple weeks, but it's pretty annoying how facebook constantly has to change the format.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Not a fan of change, huh? ;)

It seems almost identical to me, except they moved the menus around. People get so startled when their routine is messed up. Let the little challenges challenge your mind. It will keep it young. :D
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    really, who gives a shite. It's not gonna stop anyone using it.
    this ^

they've done serious overhauls like five times since I got on the site....people seem to lose their minds over this stuff; I don't get it.

The thing that I'm understandably pissed about (understandably because it's me :P ) ....is that your 'recent activity' is now automatically shown on your wall, and you can no longer turn it off.... f that. I don't want people knowing my every move on there, and I dont want to know my friends' every move either.
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    :thumbdown: boo :thumbdown:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • lite.facebook.com
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • I like it... now i've got it! :lol:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    Hate it!!! :x

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • E.KE.K Posts: 7,709
    lite.facebook.com

Haha... thanks. But where is the Home page? :)
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

• ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    I love it....waaay easier!
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • I am still not used to where 'home' is.
    I keep moving the mouse to the left where it used to be lol
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • mca47 wrote:
    know1 wrote:

Took me 5 minutes to find my "friends list" last night.

Ugh!

lol where is it?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    I am still not used to where 'home' is.
    I keep moving the mouse to the left where it used to be lol

It's in the exact same place, except now it's an icon instead of a word.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • I hate it. Took me forever to see where "logout" was.

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

• Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,558
    I'm not too sure if i like it or not. Might just be as i'm not used to it.
  • know1 wrote:

i miss this feature too and the application bar. it seems all they did was move(hide things) and remove stuff. doesnt seem like an improvement at all.
  • WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    mca47 wrote:
    Sucks ass!

I'm not a big Facebooker, but man...the new layout is terrible!!!

it's total crap...crap-tastic.....Crap, to the Power of 10.
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,283
    NickyNooch wrote:
    I hate it. Took me forever to see where "logout" was.

Yeah, in an age of identity theft you'd think Facebook would encourage a means to log-out appropriately and easily.

If the average Facebooker is on a public/communal computer, this could spell trouble.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    OK. I liked it at first, but the stupid line running down it is annoying.
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    Hate it!!! :x

Love it!!! :D

family guy....
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Back_PedalBack_Pedal Posts: 1,171
    I agree. And now it runs a lot slower than it used to, for me at least.
    Thanks EPOTTSIII!
    "Vinyl or not, you will need to pay someone to take RA of your hands" - Smile05
    424, xxx
  • im pretty sick of facebook altogether.
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    I'll tell you this much ... whomever started the whole, "I'll bet X can get 1,000,000 fans before Y." movement should be lashed with ethernet cables until bloody.

Dear lord people ... stop.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez