PJ @ Superbowl

2»

Comments

• LOV2ROCKLOV2ROCK Posts: 822
    100% YES
  • They aren't popular enough. It will never happen. Rolling Stones, Bruce, Tom Petty, The WHo...Pearl Jam? They are are on a totally different level. Not going to happen.
  • :thumbdown:
  • I actually was for pj playing the sb until I watched the who play last night, it was the first halftime show I watched and I didn't realize they cut their songs into a corporate acceptable medley, how retarded!! Hope pj doesn't do it but crazier things have happened
  • yes
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here
  • No...the halftime show is never about the music. Tts about the light show, fireworks, glitz and glamour and seeing PJ up there would be awful. I'm not being a hater...just saying
  • morgie2morgie2 Posts: 1,065
    morgie2 wrote:
    Absolutely yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why the hell wouldn't I want to see my favorite band live for free? I don't understand the haters to this idea.

I do. Think about the bands/acts that have played the Super Bowl.

New Kids on the Block
    Gloria Estefan
    Michael Jackson
    Clint Black
    Diana Ross
    TLC
    Chacka Kan
    Phil Collins
    Aerosmith
    US
    Shania Twain
    Janet Jackson
    Paul McCartney
    Rolling Stones
    Prince
    Tom Petty
    Bruce Springsteen
    The Who

Outside of The Who, Bruce Springsteen and Tom Petty where does PJ fit in here? Not to mention all the bands/performers are either popular with the kids or super fucking old and on their down slope trying to re-kick start their careers.

Who the hell cares who has played it before? Pearl Jam will leave there own mark. I'm proud to be a fan and don't think PJ would embarass themselves. I vote to see these guys play whenever and wherever they play.
    Boston II 94 Boston II 06 Mansfield I 08 Mansfield II 08 Seattle I 09 Seattle II 09
    Hartford 10 Boston 10 Wrigley 13 Worcester I 13 Worcester II 13 Hartford 13
    NYC I 16 NYC II 16 Fenway I 16 Fenway II 16  Fenway 1 18  Fenway II 18
    E.V. Boston II 08 E.V. Albany II 09 E.V. Providence 11, E.V. Boston 11
    Troubled Souls Unite
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    100% Yes!!!!!!!!!!!! 1st of all because it makes no sense why you wouldnt want them to, other than stubborness, and 2nd and most important, Im in high school and almost none of my friends even really know pj and the ones that do dont really care for them, this would make kids realize pjs awesomeness alot!
  • Yes, please play the Super Bowl, Pearl Jam. Just so there will be no more "what if pearl jam plays the super bowl!??!?"

But yeah, I don't see it happening...and I don't care because I hate nothing more than the NFL.
    ***Desperately looking for a Pearl Jam Phillies themed Oct. 31 Philadelphia shirt in M or L. Got one you don't want/need? Help a brother out!
  • Sorry but there is one band other than the Who that was played too much during the Super Bowl replay's and is on the latest ESPN commerical for the Daytona 500. The Greatest Metal Band of all time Metallica!!!!!

Metallica is next to play the Super Bowl!!! Once their do it they have completed everything they ever wanted to do as a band. Headlined Woodstock twice '94 and '99, Grammy's, other awards, stadium tours throughout the world, one of the top albums of all time the Black Album, rock and roll hall of fame inducted in 2009, opened up for AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Rolling Stones and U2. Super Bowl is coming for Metallica. :D
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,436
    They aren't popular enough. It will never happen. Rolling Stones, Bruce, Tom Petty, The WHo...Pearl Jam? They are are on a totally different level. Not going to happen.

but who is left on that level that hasn't already played the Super Bowl that is in the rock genre?
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,851
    morgie2 wrote:
    Absolutely yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why the hell wouldn't I want to see my favorite band live for free? I don't understand the haters to this idea.
    I happen to agree

except that it would make it harder to get tix for shows after they play

"pearl jam? those guys are still around?" :lol::lol:
  • I would say yes, but rather then seeing a rediculous medley like the who did, or trying to squeeze in a couple songs into the 8 minutes, i would love to just see them break out into a rediculous 8 minute long rocking in the free world or Alive. That would be so amazing if in like 20 years, as their last hurrah they came out and blew off the roof with an extended alive. THoughts?
    PJ: Hartford 6/27/08 Mansfield 6/30/08 Philly 3 Oct. 30 2009
    Philly 4 Oct. 31 2009 Hartford May 2010 Boston May 2010 MSG 1 May 2010
    EV: Albany 1 and 2 June 2009 Providence June 15 2011 Hartford June 18 2011
  • I'd love it, so YES

what would they play?

Jeremy? worldwide suicide? Army Reserve?

they're not a typical "classic rock radio" type band, so don't hold your breath.
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    I said no because I am too sensitive to the negative shit that would be said about them before and after. :oops: I take it personally since they mean so much to me. :?
    :)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Throw up a big fat YES for me. I want PJ to make a billion dollars so that there's no way they can ever stop doing it!
    Toledo '96, Cleveland '98, Columbus '00, Cleveland '03, Toledo '04
    Washington D.C. '04, London '05,Hamilton '05,Grand Rapids '06,
    Cleveland '06, Detroit '06,Pittsburgh '06,Cincinnati '06,Chicago '07
    NYC '08, NYC '08, Chicago '09, Chicago '09, ACL '09, Columbus 2010, Noblesville 2010, Cleveland 2010, Buffalo 2010.
  • pjhawks wrote:
    They aren't popular enough. It will never happen. Rolling Stones, Bruce, Tom Petty, The WHo...Pearl Jam? They are are on a totally different level. Not going to happen.

but who is left on that level that hasn't already played the Super Bowl that is in the rock genre?

I actually had this conversation with my Dad a few weeks ago and we couldn't come up with an answer. They have pretty much exhausted all the cross generation classic rock acts. I don't know who could be next. I don't think Pearl Jam though.
  • Lizard wrote:
    I said no because I am too sensitive to the negative shit that would be said about them before and after. :oops: I take it personally since they mean so much to me. :?
    :)

You need to work on that. They are just a band...not your family members or anything. No need to take anything said about them personally.
  • oona leftoona left Posts: 1,677
    No.