UK tour 2000 poster for trade

jonnyrock1975jonnyrock1975 Posts: 127
edited February 2010 in The Porch
Howdy.

I went to this gig in 2000 and bought 2 copies, one for me and one for my then girlfriend who's now unfortunate enough to be my wife, so I only need the one I'm eventually having framed.

Anyone want to swap it for something? Possibly a different poster or something equally as interesting?

Message me or leave a reply or summat.

Posters mint, never been hung or even untubed.

It's got a map of the uk on it, and was for 4 different gigs, London, Manchester and cardiff are 3, I'm guessing Dublin is the other, can't remember.

Cheers
~~ 27 years of nothin' but failures and promises that i couldn't keep ~~
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• It was dublin and Glasgow.

It's the second one down on this link:

http://www.thecolorsblend.com/2000.htm
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    the print being rolled in a tube since 2000 likely makes it not mint
  • And this would be because...
    And this would be because...

wow... I really have to explain?

because prints are framed and hung flat...keeping a piece of paper in a rolled position makes it want to stay in that position

roll marks are also a concern

take it out and get us some pics
  • Nice attitude fella.

I'm well aware of the mechanics of paper, but since it's never been framed then the best place for storage is in a tube. Otherwise, and I'm merely guessing, the poster would get all banged up stuffed in a cupboard.

Forget it, I'll just keep it.
  • Hahaha "the mechanics of paper" - Classic
    http://mastersofourdomain.blogspot.com/

My Movie/Music Reviews & Sports Blog
  • Lol, sorry bout that, that was the day job creeping in there!
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    sorry dude but storing in a tube is widely regarded as not a good idea, roll bending is a real risk

flat storage in an art folder in myler sleeves is your best bet, sticking it in a cupboard wouldnt be a great idea :lol:
    pdalowsky wrote:
    sorry dude but storing in a tube is widely regarded as not a good idea, roll bending is a real risk

flat storage in an art folder in myler sleeves is your best bet, sticking it in a cupboard wouldnt be a great idea :lol:

no you're wrong... didn't you hear him... he's a paper mechanic

rolling it nice and tight is the best solution

this page is just BS
    http://www.expressobeans.com/wiki/index ... Your_Print
  • Hey

thanks for your help. I appologise for the fact that due to my low standards I consider an undamaged, uncreased poster to be mint. Also, I'm sorry that when I bought the poster for my missis that when I got it home I didn't store it 'correctly'.

As I originally stated I'm not trading the thing for a rolls Royce or a reeenk roink, just something of similar interest. Note the word interest and not value. As you've correctly informed me it must be worth about a quid given it's torn up, battered and rolled to within an inch of it's papery life. It resembles one of those fragments of a long lost manuscript, discovered in a broken jar deep in the dunes of Egypt.

I'm not sure if it's the norm here to be ridiculed by total strangers due to your inability to have 10 years foresight when buying something you assume you will frame at home.

I'm also sorry that I'm not a regular forum user so can't upload a pic of said 'hardly mint' item because when I tried it didn't work.

I can only appologise for my wanting to trade the thing in the first place.

I will thus hang my head in shame and persue the normal channel of ebaying it.

Sorry for wasting your time.
  • pdalowsky wrote:

no you're wrong... didn't you hear him... he's a paper mechanic

rolling it nice and tight is the best solution

this page is just BS
    http://www.expressobeans.com/wiki/index ... Your_Print

also, unfortunately I'm not a paper mechanic. They don't exist. The phrase 'mechanics of' is simply a flowery term for the structure of. As in the weave of paper, the crossing of the fibres that enables it to have strength. I'm sorry if my ability to use the English language has offended you as well. I'll resort to using text speak from now on. R8 wiv u?
    Hey

thanks for your help. I appologise for the fact that due to my low standards I consider an undamaged, uncreased poster to be mint. Also, I'm sorry that when I bought the poster for my missis that when I got it home I didn't store it 'correctly'.

As I originally stated I'm not trading the thing for a rolls Royce or a reeenk roink, just something of similar interest. Note the word interest and not value. As you've correctly informed me it must be worth about a quid given it's torn up, battered and rolled to within an inch of it's papery life. It resembles one of those fragments of a long lost manuscript, discovered in a broken jar deep in the dunes of Egypt.

I'm not sure if it's the norm here to be ridiculed by total strangers due to your inability to have 10 years foresight when buying something you assume you will frame at home.

I'm also sorry that I'm not a regular forum user so can't upload a pic of said 'hardly mint' item because when I tried it didn't work.

Apologies to you if you felt my reply to you was in any way derogatory....it was intended as a helpful bit of background on advice as to how the hardcore poster people view these things....some people are quite passionate about their storage and all that, so i just tried to point out that the view that the tube was the best method of storage wasnt perhaps universally accepted.

I appreciate your post though, as what you say holds true throughout, getting ridiculed and slammed on here for offering something up is hardly good form, and if i in any way contributed to that you have my sincere apologies....
  • yo dalowsky!

you should know that my comments wernt meant for you! your advice was much appreciated and in good spirit. had i known that at the time we wouldnt even be having this convo ;) lol
    yo dalowsky!

you should know that my comments wernt meant for you! your advice was much appreciated and in good spirit. had i known that at the time we wouldnt even be having this convo ;) lol

ah thats cool, i thought as much, and hoped as much but posting things in a rush on here is sometimes not a good idea....
    ;)

can come across all wrong sometimes....

good luck with the sale/trade bud

poster collecting can be so anal at times......I wouldnt mind but its hardly a maui 98 either
    Hey

wow... can we say drama queen

i was merely pointing out that your storage method was less than ideal... but you obviously take things too seriously... like your ability to type words... i bet you get real excited when it feels like you're saying something clever?

anyway ... good luck with your sale, and your photo uploading ability... oh and maybe work on spelling apolgize

:)
    Hey

i was merely pointing out that your storage method was less than ideal... but you obviously take things too seriously... like your ability to type words... i bet you get real excited when it feels like you're saying something clever?

anyway ... good luck with your sale, and your photo uploading ability... oh and maybe work on spelling apolgize

ah come on - everyone knows Apologise is spent with an S....you americans!!!
  • Hey

you mean like you have? you seem to be missing an o there fella during your americanization.

nice try though eh.
  • rattzeyrattzey Posts: 877
    ummmm so is this poster still for trade? and what do you want for it?
    Walkin on a slippery sidewalk listening to P.J
  • oh, id totally forgot that was the subject, weve moved on to spelling and dissing each other over here. i dunno, what you got? send a pm or summat.

suggest something, maybe a different poster? a small kitten? an american flag? a dictionary*?

*the last ones obviously a comment about the spelling discussion. i have a dictionary.
  • PlanktonPlankton Posts: 692
    And this would be because...

wow... I really have to explain?
    take it out and get us some pics

God it annoys me when a giant nerd is rude about nerd stuff to a non-nerd.

I can say this because I am a giant nerd. No wonder people think nerds are anti social, insecure and self-defeatingly elitist.
    classic... i f'd up my spelling on a word i was heckling someone about
    ... oopsy

my point was jonnycakes was spelling it with 2 p's

and his holier than thou act is much worse than my sarcastic asshole act

and wtf is a summat? american band... speak american!! ;)

anyway... i'm done with you
  • and his holier than thou act is much worse than my sarcastic asshole act

no it's not
  • and his holier than thou act is much worse than my sarcastic asshole act

no it's not

yes it is

etcetcetcetcetcetc
  • Wouldn't the holier than thou one be the one posting links left right and center for proper poster storage?

What do you mean yes...