very long posts ...

2»

Comments

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    eyedclaar wrote:
    You bunch of simpletons. You aren't supposed to be proud of your ridiculously short attention spans. What are you, goldfish? I'd keep going, but what's the point, you didn't even make it this far... :twisted:

and hey, as someone who rambles on more often than not...i don't take it personally. ;)

i was gonna say i seem to notice you write novels quite often :lol:

brevity is not one of my strong points....some read, some skip.....c'est la vie. :mrgreen:[/quote]

you seem nice enough but i guess i don't know much about you :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    Totally agree! +1000000
    lolz
    Ritalin + Twitter = happy!
  • __ Posts: 6,651
    The good thing about this sentiment is that the appropriate audience for the post is then self-selecting. (Though apparently this doesn't always work.)
    scb wrote:
    The good thing about this sentiment is that the appropriate audience for the post is then self-selecting. (Though apparently this doesn't always work.)

you got a good point :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646

brevity is not one of my strong points....some read, some skip.....c'est la vie. :mrgreen:

ironically that's your shortest ever post. ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,558
    yeah epic walls of text suck.
  • skip mostly unless im way into the subject

i also get annoyed by the single word or phrase posts for some reason

its like i understand that people just need to react and answer simply to things on here so why does it bother me? i mean i do the same, just post "yes" or "no" or "thats funny"...but why?

i guess i like for posts to be about 2 to 5 simple thoughts or sentences

what a weird thing to be thinking and commenting about :lol:
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here
  • If you take the time to write a loooooooooong post, make sure you have software like "Lazarus Form Recovery" in Firefox. This forum times you out after an hour or so.
    "May you live in interesting times."
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    If you take the time to write a loooooooooong post, make sure you have software like "Lazarus Form Recovery" in Firefox. This forum times you out after an hour or so.

And whatever you do, do not test any links you post...easily THE most annoying glitch on this site.
    Why doesn't it open another window, gawdamnit? :evil: :evil:
    Preview post --> click on link --> opens in same window ---> go back to your post --->gone.
    every. fucking. time.
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    homer-simpson-5.jpg

what was the question again? :lol:
    morning :mrgreen:

see simple
    homer-simpson-5.jpg

what was the question again? :lol:

Simpsons.jpg
  • If you take the time to write a loooooooooong post, make sure you have software like "Lazarus Form Recovery" in Firefox. This forum times you out after an hour or so.

And whatever you do, do not test any links you post...easily THE most annoying glitch on this site.
    Why doesn't it open another window, gawdamnit? :evil: :evil:
    Preview post --> click on link --> opens in same window ---> go back to your post --->gone.
    every. fucking. time.

speaking from personal experience i take it? ;)

that was a lesson i learned quickly. i just don't test em. if they don't work after i post em, well that's what the edit button is there for. tho yea, it IS annoying how when you open any link on this board it doesn't open in another window. such is life...
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    I enjoy reading long posts, when I have time. I think pj fans have alot to say. Pearl jam fans are smarter than the average bear :)
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    Bored already. :yawn:
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    Yeah, I'm guilty of not reading long posts. I guess if it grabs me in the first sentence, I'll read on.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Obviously, this is a thread about D2D.

It wouldn't surprise me if this thread was actually one of her posts broken into 4 pages ;)

You know I'm kidding with you Desizzle 2 Drizzle.....
  • for me, being succint is admirable, but to me its like tv and the radio. I usually hate both those, for interviews and for discussion of serious news in that, both essentially are all about hitting the commercial breaks at a certain time. Jeff Greenfield of CNN was once asked, why Chomsky was never seen on CNN or mainstream tv, and he said, that its hard to discuss complex and intellectual issues, as chomsky does, and do it in 5 minute segments.

same with the discussion board. I come here to discuss. Asinine and silly threads and posts, are fun sometimes, but honestly, thats crap to me. I am stimulated and enjoy discussing issues that arent summed up in 2 paragraphs. this applies to the big issues, like war and health care and global warming, but it also applies to the issues that are important in our own lives as well, like our life situations, or books, or movies, or music that has impacted us. On a basic level, being succint in why you love an album or movie, at least on here, does nothing for me. I want to know why, or how, or what etc...
  • __ Posts: 6,651
    for me, being succint is admirable, but to me its like tv and the radio. I usually hate both those, for interviews and for discussion of serious news in that, both essentially are all about hitting the commercial breaks at a certain time. Jeff Greenfield of CNN was once asked, why Chomsky was never seen on CNN or mainstream tv, and he said, that its hard to discuss complex and intellectual issues, as chomsky does, and do it in 5 minute segments.

same with the discussion board. I come here to discuss. Asinine and silly threads and posts, are fun sometimes, but honestly, thats crap to me. I am stimulated and enjoy discussing issues that arent summed up in 2 paragraphs. this applies to the big issues, like war and health care and global warming, but it also applies to the issues that are important in our own lives as well, like our life situations, or books, or movies, or music that has impacted us. On a basic level, being succint in why you love an album or movie, at least on here, does nothing for me. I want to know why, or how, or what etc...

:thumbup: