I will not renew my 10c membership if PJ plays the Superbowl

2»

Comments

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,851
    PJ and sports have always been intertwined

this is entirely possible

and why wouldnt you want to see the band play?

sure would be better than some American idol, R&B, watered down rap, countrified over choreographed BS
  • Then I shall wave to you in the rafters from the 5th row! :mrgreen:
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • pandora wrote:
    things change people change they aren't going to stay the same "angst anti everything" band as they grow and mature
    We all change- I love where they are and support whomever they grow to be cause its all about the music that speaks to me.

mmmmm...yeah....but ethics and integrity aren't things you are supposed to grow or "mature" out of.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    pandora wrote:
    things change people change they aren't going to stay the same "angst anti everything" band as they grow and mature
    We all change- I love where they are and support whomever they grow to be cause its all about the music that speaks to me.

mmmmm...yeah....but ethics and integrity aren't things you are supposed to grow or "mature" out of.
    i don't think PJ is lacking in either- do you?
  • Chill out they won't play the Superbowl for another 15 to 20 years.Who cares if they sell out when their 70. I think it's a great honor anyone to play the Superbowl, evenif the performances usually aren't too great. The Superbowls a huge part of American culture.
    Get over here!
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    fuck the Superbowl...i'd say PJ doing somthing like that would be the straw that broke the camal's back for me...one of the reasons i fell in love with this band, aside from the music, was their anti-corporate/anti-war ideology and patriotism.

do you mean that anti-corporate stuff like signing with a major label or target. if pearl jam plays the Superbowl i would be happy because they would be happy. this is their job to sell records and connect with people so who am i to say they shouldn't do that.
  • pandora wrote:

no....and i'd like it to stay that way!
  • You got a better number than I do, so let's go PJ at the halftime show next year.

Thanks for stopping by San Diego. You stay classy.

8-)
  • fife wrote:
    do you mean that anti-corporate stuff like signing with a major label or target. if pearl jam plays the Superbowl i would be happy because they would be happy. this is their job to sell records and connect with people so who am i to say they shouldn't do that.

ummmmmm...no....being a band that makes music i don't care about record labels...i mean that is a given...even RATM had to sign with a major label....it's the shit beyond that....like how Chris Cornell canceled a show his fans were going to at the last minute to do a show for some corporation that makes $500. jeans...shit like that i have a fucking problem with!.....it would make me ILL if PJ ever did some shit like that!!
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    You joined 3 years before me! Seriously though, come on, you wouldn't give up on the boys if they played this thing.
    wrong

The date in your profile is the day you signed up on the old FREE board
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• metsfan wrote:
    You joined 3 years before me! Seriously though, come on, you wouldn't give up on the boys if they played this thing.
    wrong

Yes, thank you. I have since been clarified of this.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    metsfan wrote:
    wrong

Yes, thank you. I have since been clarified of this.
    darn

I was hoping some other board old timer wouldn't beat me to it

*back to my cave I go*

• metsfan wrote:
    *back to my cave I go*
    Make sure you get your Jason Bay jersey ready for next month! You guys better enjoy him! Just a really solid guy to have on the roster.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    metsfan wrote:
    *back to my cave I go*
    Make sure you get your Jason Bay jersey ready for next month! You guys better enjoy him! Just a really solid guy to have on the roster.
    we'll enjoy him on the DL

First day of spring training he will get a torn acl/mcl and be out the season

It be typical mets

:lol::lol:

• metsfan wrote:
    *back to my cave I go*

fuck that!....he came up short when we really needed him...I'm glad da bum is going to the Mets!
    pandora wrote:

no....and i'd like it to stay that way!
    playing the superbowl is unethical and without integrity? seems over the top
    Lets not hold PJ back from doing great things have a little faith
  • pignotts pls go
  • pandora wrote:

the NFL is full of ignorant wanna be gangsta moronic fuck bags...how many shootings are there a year that involve NFL players? at least 3 or 4!!

Pj playing the SB 1/2 time is far from doing something great!! their music is fucking great.....they don't need to be involved in some commercial bullshit to achieve greatness...they are already there...now it's about maintaining the greatness and not selling out their ideals for a few more fans or dollars....that's my opinion anyway!!
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    We need more people in this world like this person who said this below. just saying..... :)
    Hey Benjs,
    I saw them during that tour also, at the Wachovia Center, Philly. I know what you mean, and maybe it's more of a sentimental thing for me, I've seen them a number of times going back to their first farewell tour in 1982. We had to sleep on a sidewalk outside the mall overnight to get tickets. And I saw them at Live Aid in 1985.

Even though they are not the same, I am grateful to be able to still take my kids to see these living legends. But I can relate to you not feeling the same energy that they used to have! For me, I can supply that from my memory!
    pandora wrote:

the NFL is full of ignorant wanna be gangsta moronic fuck bags...how many shootings are there a year that involve NFL players? at least 3 or 4!!

Pj playing the SB 1/2 time is far from doing something great!! their music is fucking great.....they don't need to be involved in some commercial bullshit to achieve greatness...they are already there...now it's about maintaining the greatness and not selling out their ideals for a few more fans or dollars....that's my opinion anyway!!
    "selling out ideals" whose ideals? Its all in how we look at things "all a state of mind"
    I like to relax and enjoy whatever they do knowing their decisions are best for the band
  • Funny thread. What's make anybody think it might actually happen? Because The Who played? :roll:
    Would you be surprised to learn that a similar thread raged on thewho.com this time last year?
    I never expected The Who to be invited. I didn't think they had broad enough appeal. Maybe I was imagining that I was 30 years younger and still full of youthful angst. :P ;)
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Funny thread. What's make anybody think it might actually happen? Because The Who played? :roll:
    Would you be surprised to learn that a similar thread raged on thewho.com this time last year?
    I never expected The Who to be invited. I didn't think they had broad enough appeal. Maybe I was imagining that I was 30 years younger and still full of youthful angst. :P ;)

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/hypothetically
  • they won't play because they haven't yet achieved that "household name" appeal yet. And may never. Even people who aren't fans of music know the name The Who, or U2, or the Stones. Not everyone knows Pearl Jam.

I think the Chili's will get invited before PJ do, after Frusciante comes back for the 17th time.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,533
    they won't play because they haven't yet achieved that "household name" appeal yet. And may never. Even people who aren't fans of music know the name The Who, or U2, or the Stones. Not everyone knows Pearl Jam.

I think the Chili's will get invited before PJ do, after Frusciante comes back for the 17th time.

Wasn't Van Halen a household name. An appliance of sort. They haven't played @ the Super Bowl yet! :|

As for the Chili Pepper's, Frusciante blow's live onstage. I give him create for his studio work, but the guy can't play live. Either he's high each night on stage or the guy can't concentrate & play right on tune of the song being played. But it's true, more people on the street know the Chili Pepper's then Pearl Jam. With all their music videos, touring ALL around the world & a lot of hits on the radio (even before Pearl Jam came out), I agree with you that Chili's will get invited before PJ does.

I'm surprised Kiss, Black Sabbath, Metallica & Iron Maiden never played @ the Super Bowl. I still think New Kids On The Block kicked ass back in '91 with Disney! :lol:
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    I saw The Who play live in concert 6mths before PJ hit our shores.

The Who Rocked. How many great memories are recalled with THAT music?
  • pignotts wrote:
    There. Said it. After watching The Who just do what they did, I really hope PJ never steps foot on that stage.
    Sweet better seats for me!