What was your first vehicle?

youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
edited February 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
I think this is a question, whether you like cars or not, you always remember.

Mine was a 1977 Buick Skylark S/R. It was a 4 door, red in color with power windows, locks, steering, and brakes. It had a 301ci V-8 engine. The coolest thing about it was I bought it in 1997 and it had 40,000 original miles on it. I was the third owner and the guy I bought it off of got it from an old lady whose husband bought it new and only drove short distances. He died and the car sat in the garage for a couple years before the second owner bought it.

So what was yours?
He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 1978 Chevy Caprice Classic. Silver with vinyl top. My mom's car. People in my neighborhood thought I was a gypsy cab. I even had one person get in back and ask me to drive him to another town during a rain storm.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • spatspat Posts: 644
    1986 blue honda crx. she was a money pit POS i had for about 10 months but i loved her!
    My favorite Pearl Jam song: "Corporate Greed Boat Asshole Behind a Counter in the Oval Office"
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    White 1999 Holden Vectra named Vladimir
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • fotdfotd Posts: 514
    1988 Jeep Cherokee. That thing was a beast. I'd love to get another one
    I’ve seen Pearl Jam 25 times, Eddie Vedder 9 times, and Brad once.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,839
    '93 black GEO Storm
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,054
    1973 Dodge Charger. $100. 93,000+ miles. 318cid 2 barrel. Had been in a fire (just the vinyl top burned), and not one body panel was in factory condition. :lol: But I did get my moneys worth out of that car.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    My first car was a maroon/purple 1967 Mustang 3 speed. I had so much trouble with it that I finally sold it for next to nothing and bought a beautiful 1964 Chevy Impala, Convertible, Silver and Red.....that was a wonderful car. Fun to drive. Plenty of room. Great times!

I ended up selling that and getting i think a 72 super beetle...which I also got rid of.

The old adage: Had I known then what I know now.....certainly applies here! ;)

Classics! Little did we know then, huh? :roll: :D
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Mr RockoMr Rocko Posts: 647
    Atos 2001, red color, I learned how to drive with that car and I still have it, I don't think I can get rid of it... I really love it. :D
    México 24/11/2011
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,741
    honda%20White%20Accord.jpg

1991 White Honda Accord

Not my actual car in the picture.
  • still waitin on my first... :oops:
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    first car that i drove after getting my license was a 1971 ford galaxie

first car i ever purchased on my own was a 1981 honda prelude...had a lot of good times in that car and kinda wish i still had it :D
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    1978 Ford Mustang. Good car, drove it for 4 years, never gave me any trouble.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    I believe it was a 1974 light blue Ford Pinto 100,000+ miles and it had a milk crate holding up the drivers seat. It gave me 2 years of great service before dying off a highway in Va, grabbed all my books and stuff and abandoned her. Betsy probably made great scarp metal, btw it was that Ford Pinto that BLEW UP if rear ended. :D

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Mine was a motorbike 75cc Honda - I spent a lot of time falling off it :oops:
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    g under p wrote:
    I believe it was a 1974 light blue Ford Pinto 100,000+ miles and it had a milk crate holding up the drivers seat. It gave me 2 years of great service before dying off a highway in Va, grabbed all my books and stuff and abandoned her. Betsy probably made great scarp metal, btw it was that Ford Pinto that BLEW UP if rear ended. :D

Peace

my oldest sister's first car (after the galaxie) was a light blue pinto...never blew up but it was wrecked a couple times ;):D
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    My first car was a hand-me-down Oldsmobile Cutlas. I named her Emmie and she was mostly avocado green, but she had one brown door. :D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • ccjackccjack Posts: 134
    1986 light blue Ford Thunderbird Turbo Coupe :D
    "Push me and I will resist"
  • 1984 Pontiac Sunbird... 4 door, shit brown color. Bought in like 1991

Boy, we beat that to hell and it kept running.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    1979 Blue Monte Carlo
    White Laundau Roof
    BIG STRONG RUGGED 305 engine.

I ran that thing to the ground,
    frequently commuting mostly between NJ and NY .
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,283
    Corsica.jpg

I think mine was an '87 or an '89...can't really remember. But man, that car was the biggest piece of shit EVER!
  • sarah.psarah.p Posts: 200
    Just got my first car today! :D 1993 Fiat Uno

My first car and first post all in one day :D
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    vehicle can be a motorcycle, yes?
    honda cb360.
    something like this one.
    http://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/honda_ ... g_1975.php

and my first car was something like this but a big-huge piece of shit.
    http://www.tocmp.com/pix/Ford/images/19 ... 3q_jpg.jpg
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • SP250509 wrote:

WELL!!!!

ITS A BIG DAY!!!!!!

CONRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    edited February 2010
    3281800572_53aae44c23.jpg

1979 Oldmobile Custom Cruiser

And for some fun memory lane, this is my 2nd car. My twin brother and I had both of these during High School.

MatthewV_1977CJ7_1_RR.jpg

1977 Jeep CJ7 (Ours was red)
    Post edited by Wilds on
  • A 2002 Smart ForTwo coupé, 45PS, 599ccm. Not really a "racing machine" :cry: Still driving that one. Before that I drove my boyfriend's Skoda Roomster. That one really gets me going on the highway.

BTW: Does anyone know which car Eddie & co are driving?
  • arqarq Posts: 8,013
    Mitsubishi mirage 99
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • my first car was a 1966 pontiac bonneville,with a high performace transmission and a 400 ci. high performance engine.... to be seventeen again! learnin 'bout love in the backseat :mrgreen:..oh that was 1986,by the way.
  • sarah.psarah.p Posts: 200
    SP250509 wrote:

WELL!!!!

ITS A BIG DAY!!!!!!

CONRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!

• LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    justam wrote:
    My first car was a hand-me-down Oldsmobile Cutlas. I named her Emmie and she was mostly avocado green, but she had one brown door. :D

I had the same car. 1992. The dashboard used to shake if I went over 70mph.
  • 1986 camero. my parents bought it with MY savings when i was 18 . didnt even tell me, it was sitting in the driveway when i got home from work. i was pissed. it lasted less than a year. it was 12 years old by that time. after that honda was my choice of car iv had 5 of them.
    I'll be back