Options

ed helped put bush in the white house

Comments

• Options
    nuzzer1nuzzer1 New Jersey Posts: 1,432
  • Options
    Agreed. It's the Dems own fault for putting up Republican Lite candidates time and time again. There's never really much difference in the two. And both parties will continue to support war efforts. And to hear some talk around here, you should never vote for who you believe in...just vote against the republicans. It's no ones fault but the masses of you guys who refuse to vote for someone worth standing behind. Keep supporting crap candidates til the end of time, if you want. But be sure that I'm going to keep not voting for them.

thats how i feel. dems or republicans dont stand for what i believe. so i vote for who i think is best, not against who i think is worst. cause to me both major parties do equal damage to our country.
  • Options
    actually, this argument is sooo very flawed.
    first. ed was for nader. it doesnt mean he told people they were gonna get kicked out of the fan club for voting for him. and last i checked nader has a right to go for president. yes his votes cost gore some votes , much like perot cost bush senior votes against clinton. oh, and perot took waaaaaay more votes than nader ever got. and why should people vote for anyone based on what a celebrity tells them too. ed is human too. ed is just more responisble than what most other celebrities are. he just likes to opens people eyes, but people still can decide what to do with that information.

2nd. coming off of all that clinton had, gore never should have lost. the dems should have been able to put a masterbating monkey for president and they still should have won. lets face it, gore lost himself the election. if anyone thinks it was rigged, then thats dumb. gore should have been so far ahead it wouldnt matter. plus democrats do the same thing.

3rd. i'm running in 2012 and if my ten club membership gets me anything, i think ed should back me up for president. then everyone will vote for me and i'll win. and guess who's gonna play the inaugural ball.
    mean people suck!
    but nice people sw****w

• Options
    eyecanwalk wrote:
    i've thought long & hard about posting this so here it goes i wish it could more detailed but to hard for me to type....

last time he d pushed nader , he pushed him hard in florida when they played here telling everyone to vote for nader thus taking very valubale vote away from gore & thats how bush won , so if you look at it that way gore lost florida, lost the election & ed put bush in office, bush started the war & it put us where we are today.

do the math 2 shows 25,000-30,000 each show even 5000 votes changed from ed's encouragement & volia bush just wins humm....

so let the hate mail fly at me but anyone that was at the two florida shows will say the same thing.

this is nothing directed at ed but thats how much influence he has over people.

i love the band before & after but if he would have pushed people to vote gore rather than nader the world might be different

no offense to you ed if you read this but if you dont belive me dr. sharon had the exact same thoughts...

yeah, you are trying to blame Ed, because this is pointing fingers, and it's completely wrong.

Karl Rove, the evil one, is a marketing genius.
    Gore is an idiot, whether it's not using Bill, or just from losing to a loser like Bush
    The constitution put Bush in office
    Voters put Bush in office
    it doesn't matter how many people are running, no excuses, the one with the most votes wins.
    Anyone that voted for Nadar wanted change, they got it
    If someone wants to vote for someone that has absolutely no chance at winning, they can. That's America.
    If Ed was sooooooooooooooooo influential, why did Bush win in 2004?
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14678777351&ref=mf
  • Options
    Periods and semi-colons are your friend.

the grammar police make me laugh. it's ridiculous.
    You had me worried!
    So worried, that this would last...
    But now I'm learning, learning that this will pass...
  • Options
    CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    Unfortunately...Ralpd Nader has already ruined one term. Do not let him ruin another 4 years!
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Options
    all you guys act like our vote even matters...
    " Jump from a cliff to fly, not to fall..."
  • Options
    The idea that Ed is/was responsible for putting Bush in office or helped to make it happen is laughable.

He had next to nothing to do with it.
  • Options
    G ForceG Force Posts: 1,392
    Come on bro...Thats a crazy way of looking at things...I mean...if my sister didn't have a d*ck...she'd be a girl.
  • Options
    wow - EV is the most powerful man in the world.

Gimme a break. I'm sooo tired of hearing this. My problem is with all those who set that they were going to vote for the Greens in 2000 and then took the easy way out. If everyone voted their conscience back then we might have had a viable third party right now.
    In the land of the little kings
    Profit is the only thing
    And everywhere the little kings
    Are getting away with murder
    - Paul Kelly

www.troywass.com
  • Options
    TipJammer wrote:
    Come on bro...Thats a crazy way of looking at things...I mean...if my sister didn't have a d*ck...she'd be a girl.
    dude, you make a great point, but I think you meant to say...

if your girl didn't have a di"k, you wouldn't be gay...

just jokes of course, have a great day.
  • Options
    simpleman wrote:
    dude, you make a great point, but I think you meant to say...

if your girl didn't have a di"k, you wouldn't be gay...

just jokes of course, have a great day.

Pretty sure I meant to say...that if your dad didn't do this...I wouldn't have just vomited at work. Thanks a lot Mr. Yourdad.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FM7Rpf1x7RU
  • Options
    TipJammer wrote:
    Pretty sure I meant to say...that if your dad didn't do this...I wouldn't have just vomited at work. Thanks a lot Mr. Yourdad.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FM7Rpf1x7RU
    I now know why 1. I look the way I do, 2. I have a very strange diet, and 3.

Dad?
  • Options
    Unfortunately...Ralpd Nader has already ruined one term. Do not let him ruin another 4 years!
    I couldn't help it. It is déjà vu all over again. The minute I heard that Nader was running for president - I said, "America - we are fucked." Congratulations to President John McCain - you ran a great race.
    Everyone is born, but not everyone is born the same. Some will grow to be butchers, or bakers, or candlestick makers. Some will only be really good at making Jell-O salad. One way or another, though, every human being is unique, for better or for worse.
  • Options
    simpleman wrote:
    I now know why 1. I look the way I do, 2. I have a very strange diet, and 3.

Dad?

Simpleman...you funny. You going to any of these shows? Ill be at SC, SB and Berk.
  • Options
    TipJammer wrote:
    Simpleman...you funny. You going to any of these shows? Ill be at SC, SB and Berk.
    I wish brother, I'm a Boston guy that's getting married in August. To say the least, EV solo is not in the 2008 budget. I'm rooting for PJ after August. Have a great time at the shows...
  • Options
    simpleman wrote:
    I wish brother, I'm a Boston guy that's getting married in August. To say the least, EV solo is not in the 2008 budget. I'm rooting for PJ after August. Have a great time at the shows...

Right on man. Congrats and have a great wedding. I heard marraige is a blast. My buddy got married. He loved it...for a while. Then he made this video for his wife. http://youtube.com/watch?v=QTtwThhdxf8&feature=related

Have a great time bro.
  • Options
    It's so cute how some of you get so worked up about a Nader run that you're already bracing for a McCain win. No faith at all in the greatestness of your man, eh? Could it be that you know what I already know? That Obama isn't strong enough to to handle it because he's mostly just hot air who's good at blowing it out for all of you guys to eat up even though many of us see right through it? That you guys know his platform is so weak that many of us aren't going to support it? If Obama is so strong and as great as you claim then there shouldn't be a problem with getting enough votes to win. But he's not and you know it. However, I still think McCain will lose based on the power of charisma alone.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    However, I still think McCain will lose based on the power of charisma alone.
    I've heard some of the political pundits calling McCain the 'Heir Apparent' in their diatribes. Considering McCain's lack of charisma - everyone loves a 'war hero' - no matter. I call bull-shit on that one...
    Everyone is born, but not everyone is born the same. Some will grow to be butchers, or bakers, or candlestick makers. Some will only be really good at making Jell-O salad. One way or another, though, every human being is unique, for better or for worse.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    Yeah...if you're not part of the two-party system, fuck off! Only Republicans and Democrats allowed at this party. Too many choices makes my brain hurt...
  • Options
    I've heard some of the political pundits calling McCain the 'Heir Apparent' in their diatribes. Considering McCain's lack of charisma - everyone loves a 'war hero' - no matter. I call bull-shit on that one...

Sorry, polls show most voters are against the war now and want the troops home. It makes no sense to vote for a 'war hero' hawk right now. The war hero thing has been played out... people aren't buying it anymore. And don't rely on the tv to tell you who is going to win and then make your decisions based on it. That's already a huge part of the problem right there. Bullshit call returned back...:)
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    pjl44 wrote:
    Yeah...if you're not part of the two-party system, fuck off! Only Republicans and Democrats allowed at this party. Too many choices makes my brain hurt...

allow me to crash your party. ;)

-Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    If Nader won that election he'd have pulled the pin on George W. Bush.

If Al Gore won, we wouldn't have had the film about global warming....

*shrug*
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    allow me to crash your party. ;)

I like my parties in airplane hangars...lots of room.
  • Options
    bush was not elected he was crowned, he could have prevented 9-11 but benefited from it, kerry didn't distinguish himself as a progressive dem + lost. ed though he was doing the right thing"if id known then what i know now"ev.,wish ralph could find a way to participate(senate,congress, advisor), now the questions? is everyone sick of the bush/clinton error? do we still have a democracy, will they count our votes? will the I.S.O.A. leave the building?are we safe yet? where in the hell is osama? the watergate or a tx. ranch? did we learn anything?each of us has the responsibility to do something... find a candidate you can stand behind, one that has a chance, volunteer (phone banks, $, door to door, editorials, signs,join a progressive org.(move on?seirra) talk to your representitives,friends, neighbors, relations, VOTE! give ed kudos(not for his choice- i like ralph,just don't think he can defeat the evil empire) Ed got involved, if we follow his example by being social activists instead of his endorsement (use our own brain to decide) we will be happier with the result. ed is probabally sayin f me for doin my part for democracy, i don't want to say f me for not trying. that might be the lesson here
    03 bristow,04 reading,05 toronto,05 phillie,06 camden,06 dc,07 chicago,08 dc,08 camden,09 philliex2,10 bristow
    eddie solo 08 dc,09 balt, 11 phillie
  • Options
    I guess Eddie has a magical sway over the people of Tennessee also. Magical enough that he caused Al Gore to lose his home state. Call me crazy, but I believe Al Gore cost Al Gore the election. That's a pretty radical point of view, I know, so I don't expect many to agree with me.
  • Options
    There is only ONE person to blame for the sad and pathetic fact that Al Gore got whipped by George Bush by, what, 500 votes ... it's Al...thanks a lot Al..I love you, but what a shitty campaign you ran...
    Don't tell me Nader has no place in the political system today..the two parties we do have have totally fucked this country up...THEY are the spoilers, not Ralph
    I was alone and far away when I heard the band start playing!

...I was always a DeadHead, but when I first heard Winston Rodney, aka the Burning Spear, sing, I became a SpearHead too!
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:
    I would bet that most people who voted for Nader, didn't do so because of Ed Vedder.

And what a terrible double edge sword that is; if you vote outside of the standard norm of either the GOP or the Democrats, then you are taking votes away from one party or the other.

A vote for Nader was a vote for Bush - what a crock of shit we have ourselves in when this is the case, ya know?

beautiful.

My vote for Nader in '96 was a vote for Nader....
    because I thought he would be the best man for the job..
    not Clinton, not Dole.

My vote for Nader in '00 was a vote for Nader.....
    because I thought he would be the best man for the job..
    not Gore, not GW.

People, it's ok to vote for someone who isn't a Dem or Repub.
    Always remember that.
    To say that Nader's votes were stolen from Gore is nonsense.
    Anyone who voted for Nader at any point, whether it was '96, '00 or '04 voted for him because they believed in him, just as I would HOPE that you would vote for whichever candidate spoke to you, either Dem., Repub., or Indep.

What I'd be more concerned about that election is the debacle that was Florida and those friggen' loose chads!

It was the chads I tell ya, the chads! ;)

and aNiMaL, we were just saying the same thing at work today, only I called the whole stealing votes theory of '00 bullshit. :)
  • Options
    nader not the spoiler, citizens are, not enough $ and organization has gone into a green party yet, i'll have to go with most viable choice i have right now, short of a revolution i don't see a 3rd party gaining enough power to gain control, not that i wouldn't like a third choice but must make my vote count. things will have to get a lot worse before most people will give a crap, they don't read, think, unless it becomes personal, don't care for others,comfort yields to complacenty. maybe the answer is to demand more of the dem party, expect our representatives- here's a novel idea.. to represent us. it all comes down to HOW MUCH ENERGY can we put into getting the gov we deserve? time to "step out off the porch"ev.
    03 bristow,04 reading,05 toronto,05 phillie,06 camden,06 dc,07 chicago,08 dc,08 camden,09 philliex2,10 bristow
    eddie solo 08 dc,09 balt, 11 phillie
  • Options
    did you ever think that if two viable canidates would of been running people wouldn't of voted for nader.

i voted for nader in 00, 04 and I will do it again this year.
    My whole life looked like a picture of a sunny day.

Summerfest 95, 06 Alpine 92, 98, 00, 03 Chicago 95, 98, 00, 03, 06, 07 Grand Rapids 04, St. John's 05 Milwaukee 08