What's with all the unsold posters in the Goods Section?

NYbenbenNYbenben Posts: 1,020
edited February 2010 in The Porch
this is unusual... they are usually snapped up... just a bit surprised.
4/12/92, 8/11/92, 9/28/96, 9/11/98, 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 7/9/03, 4/30/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 12/9/05, 5/12/06, 5/17/06, 5/28/06, 6/3/06, 12/9/06, EV LA 4/12-4/13/08, 6/12/08, 6,19,08, 6,20,08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 7/1/08

and still jonesing for another show....
"the waiting drove me mad..."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    Bigger runs

some not so great prints

slack demand of late for pj prints

lower resale values

recession

upcoming tour (European - don't start)
  • NYbenbenNYbenben Posts: 1,020
    i have to agree with the not so great prints... but that has never stopped people in the past. I picked up the Perth poster... thought it was brilliant... nice play on A Clockwork Orange.. also picked up the Adalaide...
    4/12/92, 8/11/92, 9/28/96, 9/11/98, 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 7/9/03, 4/30/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 12/9/05, 5/12/06, 5/17/06, 5/28/06, 6/3/06, 12/9/06, EV LA 4/12-4/13/08, 6/12/08, 6,19,08, 6,20,08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 7/1/08

and still jonesing for another show....
    "the waiting drove me mad..."
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Bigger runs

some not so great prints

slack demand of late for pj prints

lower resale values

recession

upcoming tour (European - don't start)
    They were also available at the shows in much greater numbers. And they had tubes.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • For me its`s the lack of $$$$$$$$.
    If I had the extra cash I would buy them.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Bigger runs

I'd say that is the major one, with a few other very minor reasons.
  • I'm happy I snapped up the Adelaide koalas while it was available. That and Christchurch are the only two to sell out so far.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • the reason is that they make alot of them in the shows too..so alot of people bought them in the shows..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • t0mMyet0mMye Posts: 821
    I collect posters but passed on several. If they are there later I will get them but the higher print runs I am not worried.

Christchurch, the koala one, Salt Lake City, Toronto..I can see all those selling out because they are neat. Some of these are...eye of the beholder thing IMO
    Ten Club # 433608, when I am 80 I will be in the front row!
  • I bet the Toronto & SLC ones go quickly

For me the ones in the store are just a bit shite,and like a fool i bought them at the shows :mrgreen:
  • The posters arent selling because these print runs must be HUGE! It really devalues them to the nth degree. If you make thousands of a certain print, then its harder to sell.

As a poster collector myself, I'm not touching these prints. I know I will be able to get most for cheaper later, should I decide I want to pick them up.

That being said, I have a few 09 APs, but those runs are limited, so its a different story.
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    I'm not sure but I know I'm happy they're still there because I haven't had money lately but I really want to get Auckland and Manchester.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    we only went to Austin, so i'm trying to stay away from those shows we didn't attend. that & my lovely wife would kill me if i framed another one!! haha. we just don't have the wall space. maybe when we move..?? hmmm
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    I couldnt believe the stacks of posters they had at the 2 Chicago shows in 2009. that along with the presales made it VERY easy for anyone to get a poster.

its about time they jacked up the supply.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • arqarq Posts: 8,012
    I like some of the posters available now, but i decided to stop collecting posters and keep only the ones from the gigs i attended.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • arq wrote:
    I like some of the posters available now, but i decided to stop collecting posters and keep only the ones from the gigs i attended.

I dont even care about the shows I attended anymore... I was at both Chicago shows, and both were ugly. There is no way I would put either of them up on my wall or even in my garage :lol:
  • arqarq Posts: 8,012
    adspj wrote:
    arq wrote:

I dont even care about the shows I attended anymore... I was at both Chicago shows, and both were ugly. There is no way I would put either of them up on my wall or even in my garage :lol:

Well those were "special" posters :P
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?