I wish i had the money

arqarq Posts: 8,012
edited February 2010 in The Porch
I wish i had the money, check this auction...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Pearl-Jam-The- ... 3ca9defd51

ps
Kudos to the 10C, my respects.

Jose
"The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    I really hope the story is true, because anyone who would make that up...well, it would just be the lowest of the low.

best wishes to his mom.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    What a touching story; I hope they get what it's worth!
  • pantspants Posts: 60
    I think this also belongs here:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=122673

A gracious act from the Ten Club. Hope someone can help him out.
  • its still only worth what its worth .. sad story or not...$700 is way to high sorry to say it...but why pay more for a 7".just to feel better i dont think so..

start it at $200 or even $300 and get what you can..

for $700 i sooner have a eddie vedder pic disc or a white vinyl backspacer

sorry if this upsets anyone
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    its still only worth what its worth .. sad story or not...$700 is way to high sorry to say it...but why pay more for a 7".just to feel better i dont think so..

Believe it or not, some people give money to help others, even if they don't receive anything of value in return.
  • JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    its still only worth what its worth .. sad story or not...$700 is way to high sorry to say it...but why pay more for a 7".just to feel better i dont think so..

Believe it or not, some people give money to help others, even if they don't receive anything of value in return.

It's true, I saw this on TV once
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,851
    something is rotten in Denmark
    it was donated by the 10c for a personal fundraiser and is now being auctioned on EBAY?
    and using the picture to justify the price

I dunno, it may all be true, but something about it rubs me the wrong way
  • arqarq Posts: 8,012
    Get_Right wrote:
    something is rotten in Denmark
    it was donated by the 10c for a personal fundraiser and is now being auctioned on EBAY?
    and using the picture to justify the price

I dunno, it may all be true, but something about it rubs me the wrong way

this is what the seller says:
    We had the fundraiser on 12-19-09 and she has gone on her vacation. There was no one at the fundraiser that could give what this vinyl is worth so I am eBaying it.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• So you were gonna give it away at the fundraiser, but you decided that no one was worthy of having it. So you're gonna sell it for $700? Why not have another fundraiser for it. Or donate it to a charity to sell it that works for your moms disease. Pretty fuckin greedy if you ask me.
  • arqarq Posts: 8,012
    So you were gonna give it away at the fundraiser, but you decided that no one was worthy of having it. So you're gonna sell it for $700? Why not have another fundraiser for it. Or donate it to a charity to sell it that works for your moms disease. Pretty fuckin greedy if you ask me.

that's not my auction! :shock:
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    So you were gonna give it away at the fundraiser, but you decided that no one was worthy of having it. So you're gonna sell it for $700? Why not have another fundraiser for it. Or donate it to a charity to sell it that works for your moms disease. Pretty fuckin greedy if you ask me.

nice job, mr. jump-to-conclusions! :roll:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Aero83_Aero83_ Posts: 933
    surely you can make your wishes come true if you worked harder...how tough could it be to come up with $700??
    ...10/31/09, 05/21/10, Peru, Los Angeles
  • ozpjmanozpjman Posts: 870

I disagree, The post clearly said:
    We had the fundraiser on 12-19-09 and she has gone on her vacation. There was no one at the fundraiser that could give what this vinyl is worth so I am eBaying it.

at no time did the seller suggest they were going to give it away. It appears they were trying to auction it off, but the reserve wasnt met, hence the 'there was no one at the fundraiser that could give what the vinyl is worth.'

So perhaps you just need to back it up a little a read it again, they made no reference of giving it away at the fundraiser.
    Stars walk the red carpet because they're famous - I walk the toilet paper because im the shit.
  • Oh man, couldn't agree more with the OP. Wish I had the money to throw down on that.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
    over here======================================================================>>>>

Hey, I have Purple Rain on purple vinyl. Next best thing :mrgreen:
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    awesome to see that ebay & paypal will benefit from this...
    i like sound...
  • i wish i had the money too!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • ChrisileinChrisilein Posts: 3,889
    I know how hard such a stroke is! My first wifes son died of a brain cancer. I really hope that there are a lot of people having enough money to bid...
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341

I think I have to agree here. Start at something more 'reasonable' and let it climb. $700 is just too high to start. I understand this person wants to make as much money as possible with it, but she may end up with nothing.

"There was no one at the fundraiser that could give what this vinyl is worth". What IS it worth? How do you put a 'worth' on this? How much have others been sold for on ebay?
  • JOEJOEJOE wrote:

point being then start at a lower price and get true value for the disc..and get as much as you can to help charity you like...

but they are selling a item not just asking for money ..so your point of others helping and not receiving is irrelevent.
  • redrock wrote:

I think I have to agree here. Start at something more 'reasonable' and let it climb. $700 is just too high to start. I understand this person wants to make as much money as possible with it, but she may end up with nothing.

"There was no one at the fundraiser that could give what this vinyl is worth". What IS it worth? How do you put a 'worth' on this? How much have others been sold for on ebay?

http://www.popsike.com/php/quicksearch. ... ce&thumbs=

they are in dream land if they want $700
  • guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    if wot they say is true bloody good luck to them my bruv died after brain cancer if i was in same position id do same thing .
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056

nothing more to say about this than....unbelievable....a new low.

As for the tenclub, huge fucking thumbs up from me. This is the kinda stuff that doesnt get mentioend enough. Did they try and make a deal out of doing this? no they did it quietly...didnt even want recognition for it. how much more stuff like this do they do?

As for the price, yeah its way too high, but maybe this person doesnt know that, time will teach them....a polite message their way from someone in the know would be probably quite welcome.

I wish this person all the luck in the world selling it
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Wow!!!! What a bunch of trashy posts.
  • As for the tenclub, huge fucking thumbs up from me. This is the kinda stuff that doesnt get mentioend enough. Did they try and make a deal out of doing this? no they did it quietly...didnt even want recognition for it. how much more stuff like this do they do?

As for the price, yeah its way too high, but maybe this person doesnt know that, time will teach them....a polite message their way from someone in the know would be probably quite welcome.

I wish this person all the luck in the world selling it[/quote]

paul i emailed them last night doing that(nicely as well)..and gave them the link as posted above...they emailed back this morning saying thanks..and if it does not sell will look into dropping the price.
  • mfc2006 wrote:

nice job, mr. jump-to-conclusions! :roll:

So ya see, it's a jump.......to conclusions mat. Whatcha do is jump........to a conclusion!

goodthingscanhappen.jpg
    70384439_ba1fd5b9de.jpg

Moot!
    Mesa I - 11/93 * Toledo - 9/96 * Chicago - 6/98 * St Louis - 7/98 * Indy - 8/98 * St Louis & San Diego - 10/00 * Mt View II - 10/01 * Irvine I & II, San Diego - 6/03 * Chicago I - 5/06 * San Diego & SF III - 7/06 * Lolla - 8/07 * EV Chicago - 8/08 * Chicago I & II - 8/09 * Kansas City & Indy - 5/10 * PJ20 X2 - 9/11 * Atlanta 9/12 * Wrigley Field 7/13 * Moline & Milwaukee 10/14 * Wrigley Field I & II 8/16 * Wrigley Field I & II 8/18 * Ohana Encore I & II 10/21 * EV & The Earthlings Chicago II 2/22
    Won the lottery PJ20 Night 1 - Front Row in front of Jeff - Forever grateful to Ten Club
    ***I wanna live my life with the volume full***
  • pants wrote:
    I think this also belongs here:

http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=122673

A gracious act from the Ten Club. Hope someone can help him out.

I think it also belongs in every single "I hate the 10C" threads. Where are all those jackasses now???
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014