Just completed FOUR weeks of no drinking...

13»

Comments

• ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328

:lol:
    seriously.....

zig, what made you decide to take a month off if you don't mind me asking?
    after the oz/kiwi tour, just a break for the body? :D
    i was considering it to aide weight-loss/improve health...then i quickly realized, i would never live like that, so why do it now? :P funny too, most of my life i hardly drank. seems i made up for that in my 30s :shock: . my 40s, i am aiming for more moderation, but yes....still LOTs of red wine in my future. nectar of the gods!

In November and December I was drinking non-stop....so just decided to have 4 weeks off. I had all of October off because I was losing weight before I went away on tour and it really helped! I stripped off at least a dress size in that month! I was eating really well and exercising too though!

It's not that hard to be honest....you kind of forget about it after a while. Mind you I still smoked a bit of weed though....gee it would be boring if I didn't. In October when I stopped it felt like I had soooo much time on my hands. Alcohol really sucks up time.
    oh and i feel for you on the BF away......in the past, i've been away for 6 weeks, hubby once for 10. actually, pre-marriage...i was away for months at a time. :o c'est la vie...

I'd die!! :shock:
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
    youngster wrote:

Deal. I will start by getting you all hot by sending you my beard pic. It's been a combination of forgetfulness and coniving genious. By waiting a few more weeks than originally promised, I have let the folicles pour down my face in a river of beard. Are you excited yet? I will have it to you soon. ;)

Well that's a start.... ;)

hahaha "in a river of beard"!! :lol: Just show me already!!! :D
  • ZiggyStar wrote:

:lol:
    seriously.....

zig, what made you decide to take a month off if you don't mind me asking?
    after the oz/kiwi tour, just a break for the body? :D
    i was considering it to aide weight-loss/improve health...then i quickly realized, i would never live like that, so why do it now? :P funny too, most of my life i hardly drank. seems i made up for that in my 30s :shock: . my 40s, i am aiming for more moderation, but yes....still LOTs of red wine in my future. nectar of the gods!

In November and December I was drinking non-stop....so just decided to have 4 weeks off. I had all of October off because I was losing weight before I went away on tour and it really helped! I stripped off at least a dress size in that month! I was eating really well and exercising too though!

It's not that hard to be honest....you kind of forget about it after a while. Mind you I still smoked a bit of weed though....gee it would be boring if I didn't. In October when I stopped it felt like I had soooo much time on my hands. Alcohol really sucks up time.
    oh and i feel for you on the BF away......in the past, i've been away for 6 weeks, hubby once for 10. actually, pre-marriage...i was away for months at a time. :o c'est la vie...

I'd die!! :shock:

that's what i figured, was just curious. when someone makes a conscious choice to stop drinking for a bit, i am always curious. i agree, it's not a difficult thing to do really...as i said, most of my life, wasn't a big drinker at all. and when one does imbibe a LOT in a short period of time, a breather feels good. for me right now, i feel no real need or desire....things are going so well health-wise, so why mess with a good thing? ;)

and, amazingly....no, you wouldn't die. :D it sucks, but you won't die. it is especially helpful when you are the one away, which was me 2 outta the 3 times but either way, just makes the getting back together part that much more fun and steamy. :mrgreen:

i find right now i occasionally miss having a glass of wine during the week...if i am particularly stressed, or a particular meal i enjoy more with a glass of red. however, it's my own personal vow to stop mid-week drinking, and overall.....i am feeling good about it, not difficult to do. also makes that first glass on friday or saturday night just that much more enjoyable.... :D:D:D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

that's what i figured, was just curious. when someone makes a conscious choice to stop drinking for a bit, i am always curious. i agree, it's not a difficult thing to do really...as i said, most of my life, wasn't a big drinker at all. and when one does imbibe a LOT in a short period of time, a breather feels good. for me right now, i feel no real need or desire....things are going so well health-wise, so why mess with a good thing? ;)

and, amazingly....no, you wouldn't die. :D it sucks, but you won't die. it is especially helpful when you are the one away, which was me 2 outta the 3 times but either way, just makes the getting back together part that much more fun and steamy. :mrgreen:

i find right now i occasionally miss having a glass of wine during the week...if i am particularly stressed, or a particular meal i enjoy more with a glass of red. however, it's my own personal vow to stop mid-week drinking, and overall.....i am feeling good about it, not difficult to do. also makes that first glass on friday or saturday night just that much more enjoyable.... :D:D:D

For how long have you been not drinking during the weeks?
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    ZiggyStar wrote:

monday to thursday... she tells you that above.

why did you stop for 4 weeks ziggington? medical reasons... recovering from your strapadichtomy? or was it just a decision you made for healthier lifestyle reasons? cos wine is made from grapes and I'm sure they are good for you.

the guy i work with has stopped for 4 months cos he just felt he had had enough of it... and he's Irish!!! I thought that was ilegal :D
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • ZiggyStar wrote:

since january 10th just about. was going to start on the 5th (mr. dream and i were off for the holidays until then) but then my kitty got ill and died on the 7th, then it was a weekend again....and so yea.....the 10th. :) so not all that long really. :oops: i mean honestly, i didn't drink during that week all that often long-term, but the last 6 months or so....yea.... :shock: ......outta hand! so between deciding i wanted to be healthier, wanting to lose some weight and sure...saving some $$$ to boot....decided to make it a conscious choice, no drinking M-Th and try to keep consumption to one bottle a weekend. (hubby drinks beer mostly....if he joins in the wine, well then yea...sometimes 2 bottles). so far, so good! :thumbup:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

dunkman wrote:

monday to thursday... she tells you that above.

Smart arse! :D
    dunkman wrote:
    why did you stop for 4 weeks ziggington?

Ziggington? haha Cute!
    dunkman wrote:
    medical reasons... recovering from your strapadichtomy? or was it just a decision you made for healthier lifestyle reasons? cos wine is made from grapes and I'm sure they are good for you.

Who the fuck told you about my strapadictomy? You can't fucking trust anyone with secrets nowadays!! :x

DAMN IT!! I was waiting for the recovery period to be fully over so I could surprise everyone with a thread with before and after photos! :evil:

since january 10th just about. was going to start on the 5th (mr. dream and i were off for the holidays until then) but then my kitty got ill and died on the 7th, then it was a weekend again....and so yea.....the 10th. :) so not all that long really. :oops: i mean honestly, i didn't drink during that week all that often long-term, but the last 6 months or so....yea.... :shock: ......outta hand! so between deciding i wanted to be healthier, wanting to lose some weight and sure...saving some $$$ to boot....decided to make it a conscious choice, no drinking M-Th and try to keep consumption to one bottle a weekend. (hubby drinks beer mostly....if he joins in the wine, well then yea...sometimes 2 bottles). so far, so good! :thumbup:

You said it was "outta hand" the last 6 months or so.....how many bottles of wine a week were you drinking before you thought "whoa time to cut back"?
  • ZiggyStar wrote:

You said it was "outta hand" the last 6 months or so.....how many bottles of wine a week were you drinking before you thought "whoa time to cut back"?

errr, well....i knew for a while i should cut back, just never got around to it until now. :D
    the summer is when it started to be too much, a few bottles a week perhaps.....plus mixed drinks in there as well. however, thanksgiving thru new years....yikes.....sad to say, probably a bottle a day. just so much going on, lots of celebrating, and then sure....just was so easy to do, come home, relax.....have a glass or 2 with dinner, then 3 more later. definitely not good, and i knew it....but at the time thought fuck it, don't care right now b/c i knew come the new year i was going to make some drastic changes to my lifestyle, and so i did. so yea...december was an expensive month! :shock: :lol:

funny too, it's only been a month, and i stuck with the one bottle a weekend until this past weekend, went thru 2....and 1 entirely yesterday. even just 1 month of moderation made a huge difference to my tolerance level. yea, i got drunk :? and i really felt it this morning. haha. good lesson learned - moderation is good on all levels! 8-)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...