Just completed FOUR weeks of no drinking...

ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
edited February 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
...and came home from work, opened up a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand and enjoyed a glass while having a joint!

I don't even like white that much....more of a red girl....but FUCK this tastes good!!

I'm going to be buzzing like a drunk little bee very soon.

*pours glass no two*

8-)

(...and yes, four weeks of no drinking is a big feat for me!! haha)

drunk-bee-300x300.jpg
★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I alreay feel sorry for your head ;)
    There was a time when I didn't drink alcohol except for ten very special days per year. Then I had one cup of hot spiced wine and I was drunk as almost never before. It was just ONE cup!!!! :oops: :o
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Stonerlady wrote:
    I alreay feel sorry for your head ;)
    There was a time when I didn't drink alcohol except for ten very special days per year. Then I had one cup of hot spiced wine and I was drunk as almost never before. It was just ONE cup!!!! :oops: :o

I should be right....I didn't drink for all of October and my tolerance levels were REALLY good when I started drinking again. I thought I'd get drunk quickly etc but I didn't...damn it! :lol:;)

Only ten days? That's crazy! haha
  • no drinking????isnt in my vocabulary those 2 together!!! :mrgreen:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Oh it works pretty well. And it really hits you when drinking just a very small amount of alcohol. But to be honest: I think I won't really stay with that. Especially as I quit taking all kind of drugs at this one point (joints, cigs, alc). i might need one of those pretty soon. no cigs. At least that's sure.
    Stonerlady wrote:
    Oh it works pretty well. And it really hits you when drinking just a very small amount of alcohol. But to be honest: I think I won't really stay with that. Especially as I quit taking all kind of drugs at this one point (joints, cigs, alc). i might need one of those pretty soon. no cigs. At least that's sure.

Good decision! Fuck cigarettes! Last month was my three year anniversary of quitting a really bad 10 year cigarette habit. I was shocking...disgusting now that I look back on it. I would smoke in bed right before i went to sleep and as soon as I woke up, in the shower (wtf?), in the car, while I ate....at least 25-30 cigs a day. And being a big drinker and a smoker just made it worse. Chain smoker. So glad I quit first time I tried. Feral things!

But if I got told I had a year to live, I would immediately drive to a shop and buy packs of Marlboro reds in the softpack and go out in a haze of smoke! I love smoking! I always will. But it's disgusting.
  • No, I pretty much hate it right now. I was a chain smoker as well. But I don't like losing control when being drunk. It's pretty different when smoking joints. I just get relaxed and funny (and hungry ;)).
    Stonerlady wrote:
    No, I pretty much hate it right now. I was a chain smoker as well. But I don't like losing control when being drunk. It's pretty different when smoking joints. I just get relaxed and funny (and hungry ;)).

Yeah, being stoned is the best. Ohhhh....I'm so hungry right now! I can hear my stomach gurgling around my wine. :? But way too lazy to cook! :lol:

It's nice to meet a girl smoker. Not many around! ;)
  • Oh, there's hardly anything better. I'm at vocational school right now (its 11am in Germany). No smoking here even though it would make getting through this a lot easier. :lol:

And I have to leave the internet room in 10 minutes - so no PC and internet for 2 hours!!! Going crazy :twisted:
    Stonerlady wrote:
    Oh, there's hardly anything better. I'm at vocational school right now (its 11am in Germany). No smoking here even though it would make getting through this a lot easier. :lol:

No, there's nothing better imo. I think I'll always be a smoker...definitely not full time or even part time once I have kids...but I'll never not be a smoker...if you know what I mean? I'm sure it will get to a point where I may only have it a couple of times a year or even less...at "special" occasions. But I can totally picture myself at 65, sitting there with my late teen grandkids and asking "so who's going to come blow a joint with grandma?" and whip out a perfectly rolled joint! Yeahhhh! ;) hahaha :lol:

Yes, it does make a lot of crap or boring situations go by a lot easier. Vocational school? Enjoy it?
  • No, I don't enjoy it at all :?

That's how cool a mom/grandma can be. But I still didn't manage to roll a good one. They always look quite messy and have way too much good stuff inside. So I leave that to my boyfriend.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I had to give it up for 10 weeks. It was not fun.

The reports of my tolerance's demise were greatly exagerated though. It was like riding a bike :D

Don't know how you of the fonder gender go 9 months :?
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • ZiggyStar wrote:
    ...and came home from work, opened up a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand and enjoyed a glass while having a joint!

I don't even like white that much....more of a red girl....but FUCK this tastes good!!

I'm going to be buzzing like a drunk little bee very soon.

*pours glass no two*

8-)

(...and yes, four weeks of no drinking is a big feat for me!! haha)

drunk-bee-300x300.jpg
    enjoy!if anyone deserves the finer things in life,you do!...red wine is good,i've actually been holding on to a nice one,just waiting for the right reason to open it...but i prefer a long island ice tea with my doobies :clap:
    Bottle of white finished....onto the bottle of red and about to have another smoke! 8-) Feel like watching a movie. Hmmm....what should I watch?
  • ZiggyStar wrote:
    Stonerlady wrote:
    No, I pretty much hate it right now. I was a chain smoker as well. But I don't like losing control when being drunk. It's pretty different when smoking joints. I just get relaxed and funny (and hungry ;)).

Yeah, being stoned is the best. Ohhhh....I'm so hungry right now! I can hear my stomach gurgling around my wine. :? But way too lazy to cook! :lol:

+1!! I'm an art student and it's ridiculous, youd think I would be able to find a blazing gal pal, but it's harder than most would think. Most girls just look at me like I'm a drug addict when I ask if anyone wants to smoke before or after class, hah oh well more for me 8-)
  • ZiggyStar wrote:
    Stonerlady wrote:

+1!! I'm an art student and it's ridiculous, youd think I would be able to find a blazing gal pal, but it's harder than most would think. Most girls just look at me like I'm a drug addict when I ask if anyone wants to smoke before or after class, hah oh well more for me 8-)

Well you shouldn't ask me if you want anything left for yourself ;)
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Stonerlady wrote:

haha Yeah....more for you!! :thumbup: Believe me, I know exactly how you feel regarding being a female smoker...all the bullshit...but who gives a fuck? I don't! :roll:
  • ZiggyStar wrote:
    Bottle of white finished....onto the bottle of red and about to have another smoke! 8-) Feel like watching a movie. Hmmm....what should I watch?
    something funny
    if anyone deserves the finer things in life,you do!...

You should ALL listen to this very, very, VERY smart man! ;)8-)
    Stonerlady wrote:

I obviously need to meet you two ladies!!! 8-)
    THE GOOD DR SAYS WATCH THIS

fear_and_loathing_in_las_vegas.jpg

OHHHHHHHH I bought this for my bf last Xmas and we still haven't watched it again! Thrilla....you may be onto something here!! :clap: Good work! :thumbup:
  • But I can totally picture myself at 65, sitting there with my late teen grandkids and asking "so who's going to come blow a joint with grandma?" and whip out a perfectly rolled joint! Yeahhhh! ;) hahaha :lol:

sounds cool, hard to imagine though..
  • I just completed four hours of no drinking. It's been tough.

Maybe I'll give it up for Lent. Last time I did that I lost about 15 lbs. Yea, probably not gonna happen.

btw - Congrats!
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    a nice bottle of wine sounds good.....

been 37 days for me..... :?
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • theserialthrillatheserialthrilla Posts: 15,760
    edited February 2010
    the wolf wrote:
    a nice bottle of wine sounds good.....

been 37 days for me..... :?

Ohhhh.....there's always got to be that one person who outdoes you! ;) haha

Congrats man!! I remember posting in your thread during week one or two! Good work! :thumbup:
    I just completed four hours of no drinking. It's been tough.

Maybe I'll give it up for Lent. Last time I did that I lost about 15 lbs. Yea, probably not gonna happen.

btw - Congrats!

hahah Thanks! :mrgreen: If you need some support for the next four hours, PM me! :lol:
  • ZiggyStar wrote:
    Stonerlady wrote:

I obviously need to meet you two ladies!!! 8-)

wanna come to good ol' Germany?? :mrgreen:
    Stonerlady wrote:

wanna come to good ol' Germany?? :mrgreen:

That depends how hot you are?! ;):mrgreen: j/k