MODS CAN WE PLEASE HAVE A BUY/SELL/TRADE FORUM?

2»

Comments

• Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:
    anyone emailed tenclub about this?

whats the point?

ooooo a little defeatest

10c dont do anything exactly great for us.
  • Thanks for the support guys.

I also motion to make myself a moderator of said forum.
  • Brisk. wrote:

:?: :?: :!:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • +1
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,483
    Brisk. wrote:
    Seriously? Jesus!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Brisk. wrote:

Another name for their list of enemies :P
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    Sounds like an Idea! :)
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    Rather than a new forum being created here, how about everyone posts in the future their ISO's and unwanted items and for sale prices over at

www.pjcollectors.com - there is a forum already created right there for this purpose

But please remember, this site is not linked to tenclub in any way (hell they could do without any added grief), and also the rules are over ther that nothing should be offered without a price, its not ebay.
  • pdalowsky wrote:
    Rather than a new forum being created here, how about everyone posts in the future their ISO's and unwanted items and for sale prices over at

http://www.pjcollectors.com - there is a forum already created right there for this purpose

Great idea, but, let's face it, most people are pretty set on this site and aren't going to migrate over to another just for their forum. Not saying there's anything wrong with your idea, but the pessimist in me says that it will be ignored by most people.
    also the rules are over ther that nothing should be offered without a price, its not ebay.

This is a fantastic idea.

Also, the forum should be called: "Got Some if You Need It."
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
    pdalowsky wrote:

http://www.pjcollectors.com - there is a forum already created right there for this purpose

Great idea, but, let's face it, most people are pretty set on this site and aren't going to migrate over to another just for their forum. Not saying there's anything wrong with your idea, but the pessimist in me says that it will be ignored by most people.
    also the rules are over ther that nothing should be offered without a price, its not ebay.

very fair and valid point
  • pdalowsky wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

very fair and valid point

vic is going to get youuuuuuuuuuuuu for this..lmao
  • starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    Fine, I'll say it...

There's a demand for this. What's it take to add a subsection to the board? 3 seconds?
  • great idea.
    I miss you hippiemom.
  • ChrisileinChrisilein Posts: 3,889
    :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    +1!!
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • I have asked this question on here more than once.

We NEEEEED a "Buy my merch!" section. It is selfish, so it should be called Green Disease.

I agree that it is annoying to mix in poster sales with legitimate PJ news.

Now, please buy my merch! Thank you.
    "May you live in interesting times."
  • B/S/T?

Fo sho! Great suggestion :clap:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
    I can understand the reluctance here, another forum to try and monitor, it could get out of hand with bickering etc if the selling and buying really takes off....and people start disputes trying to involve the tenclub in helping resolve things....i know it wouldnt be much different to what happens already but they may be seen to be endorsing it with a sperate forum, and then may be expected to intervene when things go wrong

plus it may take a bit of focus of what they are trying to sell themselves through the goods secton.

to be honest as much as I'd love the idea, events of late on her certainly go a long way to explain their reluctance.

we dont generally deal with rational adults all the time here
  • pdalowsky wrote:

Speak for your bloody self! :P
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
    pdalowsky wrote:

Speak for your bloody self! :P

you know what i mean
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    It is selfish, so it should be called Green Disease.
    I like it
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • I'd love to see it too. I'm suprised they even allow FS threads in the porch. I WANT them to make a FS forum though.
    I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind - E.V.
    06 Chicago I, 06 Chicago II, 06 Grand Rapids, 07 Lollapalloza, 08 DC, 08 MSG I, 08 MSG II, 08 EV Solo Milwaukee, Chicago I & II 09, Portland 09, Nobelsville 10, Cleveland 10, PJ20 I & II, Wrigley 13, Brooklyn I & II '13, St. Paul 14, Moline 14, Milwaukee 14
  • Bump for continued relevancy.

Also bump to offer myself as a moderator.
  • smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,563
    We don't need another whole forum for these people selling this stuff. Why, if you're involved with the band at all, would you agree to this?
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • JV130312JV130312 Posts: 2,461
    A Merchandise Forum would keep a lot of clutter out of the Porch...

It's a GREAT idea...
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • smithnic wrote:
    We don't need another whole forum for these people selling this stuff. Why, if you're involved with the band at all, would you agree to this?

I don't get what you're saying...

If you're saying that the Ten Club making a forum for buy/sell/trade would draw away from the people purchasing merchandise from Pearl Jam/10C, then you're clearly unaware of the stuff that people sell on here.
  • Mr RockoMr Rocko Posts: 647
    We NEEEEED a "Buy my merch!" section. It is selfish, so it should be called Green Disease.

I like that name! Sign me up!! 8-)
    México 24/11/2011
  • LukinFan wrote:
    It is selfish, so it should be called Green Disease.
    I like it
    Yes Please!!!!!! I get tired of reading about posters in the "Porch"