*PLEASE TELL US SOMETHING THIS NEW WEEK!*

SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
edited February 2010 in The Porch
...and i will post a new one of these every Monday until we hear a plan, even if it is one that is negative. My theory is simple. We have heard no news, because there isn't any.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131
    But Sawyer man, you've got your big final season premiere tomorrow night. Isn't that enough excitement for you?? :D
  • Take a stand, Sawyer!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • WE-WANT-NEWS!! WE-WANT-NEWS!! WE-WANT-NEWS!! WE-WANT-NEWS!! WE-WANT-NEWS!!.. ... ...

[it goes on and on... and on :) ]
    Makes me ache, makes me shake...
    ...is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    Sawyer wrote:
    ...and i will post a new one of these every Monday until we hear a plan, even if it is one that is negative. My theory is simple. We have heard no news, because there isn't any.
    and keep bumping it up
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • shepshep Posts: 5,765
    I'm with Sawyer!!! We want news!!! I am trying to make vacation plans and flights are only getting more expensive!
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    its ridiculous.....we have to beg for news on one of the planets largest bands. I am not a DMB fan, but they sure as shit know how to announce tour dates. This a sprinkle here, a sprinkle there stuff is bullshit. I am real close to pulling the trigger on Jazzzfest
    an event that I think will suck. However, we just never hear anything. We listen to snippets of radio shows to get clues
    I don't mind if someone fucks with my head, but quit fucking with my wallet.
  • ckravitzckravitz Posts: 1,668
    I am new around here but I am sort of scratching my head as to why info about the tour POSSIBLY being on hold (per the earlier thread) isn't info that we could get clarified here. Again, I am new and certainly don't want to cause trouble, but does anyone know why this isn't something that would come through the 10c, either to affirm, deny, or confirm that it is still up in the air? Is it just not done that way?
    ckravitz wrote:
    I am new around here but I am sort of scratching my head as to why info about the tour POSSIBLY being on hold (per the earlier thread) isn't info that we could get clarified here. Again, I am new and certainly don't want to cause trouble, but does anyone know why this isn't something that would come through the 10c, either to affirm, deny, or confirm that it is still up in the air? Is it just not done that way?

no it never has......that would be too easy
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    How about just a simple "YES" or "NO"??

That's not too much to ask for is it? :)

*she says nicely with a smile on her face*
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • It has been very quiet so far, it would be nice for an update of what may be hapenning in 2010. I thought we would have had one by now.

But I also understand if 10c did not want to say we are planning a tour of the eastcoast in April/May, then it falls through. It would not be fun to be around this place if that happened. Not fun at all.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • I'm slowly losing hope, I'm beginning to think that there won't be any shows or announcements(because there won't be anything more to announce). :cry:
    Journey Begins: 1992-08-15, Montage Mountain Performing Arts Center,
    Scranton, Pennsylvania

Journey Ends:
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    Sawyer wrote:
    its ridiculous.....we have to beg for news on one of the planets largest bands. I am not a DMB fan, but they sure as shit know how to announce tour dates. This a sprinkle here, a sprinkle there stuff is bullshit. I am real close to pulling the trigger on Jazzzfest
    an event that I think will suck. However, we just never hear anything. We listen to snippets of radio shows to get clues
    first off, Jazzfest will not suck- it's in NO!!! And I agree with you about the DMB thing- I wish I was a fan
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • zootownzootown Posts: 666
    Are you for real....you sound like a tantrumming toddler! Yeah, the 10c and the band is purposely neglecting us because of fans like you. I would love to sit in the mod room at the 10c and listen to the guffaws and snickers that must abound when threads like this are started......WE are the money source for the band; why in the hell would they hold out on us...oh yeah, there isnt a reason.... :roll:
    I hold the pain, release me!
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,533
    *PLEASE TELL US SOMETHING THIS NEW WEEK!* ? hmm ..

Well, i'm gonna be getting an oil change & some shades for my car this Wednesday. Brett "The Hitman" Hart will be on Raw tonight with that Star Trek dude. And Peter Cove from CBC say's it's gonna look like a sunny cold chilly week ahead for the Maritimes. That's all I can think of that's new this week. :|

:twisted:
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    does everyone realize they don't know anything for sure?
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    zootown wrote:
    Are you for real....you sound like a tantrumming toddler! Yeah, the 10c and the band is purposely neglecting us because of fans like you. I would love to sit in the mod room at the 10c and listen to the guffaws and snickers that must abound when threads like this are started......WE are the money source for the band; why in the hell would they hold out on us...oh yeah, there isnt a reason.... :roll:

umm they have before.....

we usually dont hear news here first. someone hears it somewhere else, then posts it here, we debate it until I want to vomit, then .... MAYBE , the 10C lets us know what is going on.

I love the 10c, and have just come to terms with this is how it's going to be.

but lets not for a second act as if the have not held out on giving us info when there was info to be had.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
    the wolf wrote:
    zootown wrote:

umm they have before.....

we usually dont hear news here first. someone hears it somewhere else, then posts it here, we debate it until I want to vomit, then .... MAYBE , the 10C lets us know what is going on.

I love the 10c, and have just come to terms with this is how it's going to be.

but lets not for a second act as if the have not held out on giving us info when there was info to be had.

I disagree. The 10c is trying to release tour dates in the manner they see fit and what works for them...they have been doing this for a while you know.....they have ZERO control over loose-lipped DJ's and promoters who may leak info. I know it has been discussed ad nauseum on here why they would "hold out" on us, but I am yet to hear an argument that makes any sense!
  • demetrios wrote:

Well, i'm gonna be getting an oil change & some shades for my car this Wednesday. Brett "The Hitman" Hart will be on Raw tonight with that Star Trek dude. And Peter Cove from CBC say's it's gonna look like a sunny cold chilly week ahead for the Maritimes. That's all I can think of that's new this week. :|

How coincidental!!! I'm going to get an oil change for my car on Wednesday too, then I'm going to eat some lunch and go snowboarding, as long as my back holds out. Cool beans!
    Scranton, Pennsylvania

Journey Ends:
  • Sawyer wrote:
    We have heard no news, because there isn't any.
    I agree...as much as I don't want that to be true
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,533
    ponner1us wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

How coincidental!!! I'm going to get an oil change for my car on Wednesday too, then I'm going to eat some lunch and go snowboarding, as long as my back holds out. Cool beans!

Sweet! 8-)
  • zootown wrote:

I disagree. The 10c is trying to release tour dates in the manner they see fit and what works for them...they have been doing this for a while you know.....they have ZERO control over loose-lipped DJ's and promoters who may leak info. I know it has been discussed ad nauseum on here why they would "hold out" on us, but I am yet to hear an argument that makes any sense!

Part of it is these dates may not be signed yet, and just on hold until everything is finalized. It does not have any negative effect on a DJ, promoter, or a magazine to announce rumors and possible dates, and then have them fall through. But 10c can't say were are planning to be on the east coast, or NY, or Boston at the end of May, but it is tentative right now. A bunch of people would go out and buy plane tickets and hotel rooms, maybe non refundable, and take time off for that possible time frame. Then if tour plans change and the dates don't happen, people on this board and other PJ boards would go CRAZY about how PJ lied to them like that and change dates, cancel plans, etc. That is one aspect I can understand.
  • zootown wrote:

Part of it is these dates may not be signed yet, and just on hold until everything is finalized. It does not have any negative effect on a DJ, promoter, or a magazine to announce rumors and possible dates, and then have them fall through. But 10c can't say were are planning to be on the east coast, or NY, or Boston at the end of May, but it is tentative right now. A bunch of people would go out and buy plane tickets and hotel rooms, maybe non refundable, and take time off for that possible time frame. Then if tour plans change and the dates don't happen, people on this board and other PJ boards would go CRAZY about how PJ lied to them like that and change dates, cancel plans, etc. That is one aspect I can understand.
    Good point!
    Scranton, Pennsylvania

Journey Ends:
  • shepshep Posts: 5,765
    If bands like dave matthews and u2 can plan for a tour 6 months (dmb) or almost a year (u2) in advance, why can't pearl jam do similar? It doesn't make sense. It's sounds like an organizational problem to me...

I mean tours for bands of this magnitude need to be better planned out... Pearl jam almost seems like it is scrambling for dates at the last minute.... Why couldn't this tour have been finalized 6-7 months ago, instead of still having dates on "hold" and trying to finalize the details only a couple of months in advance?? It sounds like poor management to me....
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • shep wrote:
    If bands like dave matthews and u2 can plan for a tour 6 months (dmb) or almost a year (u2) in advance, why can't pearl jam do similar? It doesn't make sense. It's sounds like an organizational problem to me...

I mean tours for bands of this magnitude need to be better planned out... Pearl jam almost seems like it is scrambling for dates at the last minute.... Why couldn't this tour have been finalized 6-7 months ago, instead of still having dates on "hold" and trying to finalize the details only a couple of months in advance?? It sounds like poor management to me....

Partly, DMB and U2 seem to tour like clockwork every year. I know some DMB fans that just expect them to be at certain places and festivals every year now. PJ have not toured like them since 2003. And management can not make a deal until the band knows for sure they want to play.
    Look I met Santos at the Vic......we were standing in a line in Chicago's August heat for eight hours. The guy was working his tail off
    hardest working guy there. There is a colossal difference between a good person and a good system. 10 Club staff are good people, but their business model is flawed. I know the X Mas single is an inside joke to most of us now----but if you were new to this scene this would raise some flags I would think. I am a teacher. If I told my principal my grades were not ready for report cards, I would face consequences. The only adjective I can think of is a bit disorganized
    again, not the people, the system. If I pull the trigger on this NO trip to Jazzfest, and then 10 dates are released for exclusive PJ shows at indoor venues, I will feel misled. That's not fair to people's wallets in these times. So to sum it up I hope in the near future, "It makes much more sense, to live in the present tense"
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    While I think info is often slow to come from TC, I think with the SG reunion, that may pose a bigger monkeywrench in planning than we realize for a potential tour or one-off shows.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    I can see it this way....

10C - "Good news, Pearl Jam may tour in 2010. We're not sure if it'll be select cities or a North America tour. Stay tuned.

First post - "what the fuck, get your heads out of your asses and let us know when something's official"

10C - PJ toured the back half of 09 touring so there wasn't time to get to the studio for the 09 single, stay tuned.

First post - "what the fuck do I pay $20 for!"
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    I can see it this way....

10C - "Good news, Pearl Jam may tour in 2010. We're not sure if it'll be select cities or a North America tour. Stay tuned.

First post - "what the fuck, get your heads out of your asses and let us know when something's official"

10C - PJ toured the back half of 09 touring so there wasn't time to get to the studio for the 09 single, stay tuned.

First post - "what the fuck do I pay $20 for!"

And that's exactly how it would go!
    You hit it right on EmptyGlass.
    If I was in 10C Management, I'd keep my mouth shut tight until I had a confirmation of a date from the band.
    If they try to give us a heads up of any sort, we're all over them like ants at a picnic. And red, stinging, biting, flesh-eating ants at that!

Can't say I'm 100% innocent of that either.

But, guys, lets give 10C a break.
    When there's something to tell, I'm sure they'll pass it along.
    Can't get blood from a stone, right?

It's easy to get over excited with all the rumors abounding, but if when there's something solid, we will know.
    Personally, all these rumors flying around makes me nuts...you never know whether to put any stock in them or not. Can't really make plans on a maybe.
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
    ponner1us wrote:
    zootown wrote:

Good point!

I concur. Maybe I wasnt clear- this would be my guess too as to why we havent' heard anything besides rumors. I was saying that some folks (see other thread) seem to take things WAY too personally and feel stilted by the band or the 10c because of the lack of news.
  • LukinFan wrote:
    Sawyer wrote:
    first off, Jazzfest will not suck- it's in NO!!! And I agree with you about the DMB thing- I wish I was a fan

I LOVE outdoor venues! Also, Ive been wanting to see PJ do a show when the sun is still shinning for the longest time! Aslong as its not another Lolla type setlist (more like Roo or even somewhere in the middle) ITS GONNA ROCK!!!