Best performance during grammys tonight

2»

Comments

• pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Must have been me I normally am blown away with Beyonce' but singing Alanis Morissette's song You Oughta Know- come on that was awful- Alanis should have been there doing it no one can do that song like her.
  • That was awful and didn't make any sense.

Hey pandora! Thanks for being a total soldier with me on that voting campaign!!!
    Evolution Music Studios presents:
    DO THE EVOLUTION - a 20th Anniversary Tribute Celebration
    of PEARL JAM - WORLD CAFE LIVE PHILLY JUNE 19th 7pm
  • t0mMyet0mMye Posts: 821
    Only performance I am finding where people saying she did...

http://notas.guanabee.com/2010/02/imeld ... k-grammys/

I cant get the other links to work...oh well..its not worth arguing about.. the song either way was great.
    Ten Club # 433608, when I am 80 I will be in the front row!
  • SmellymanSmellyman Posts: 4,524
    they were all terrible...but

mary j amd opera was pretty good
  • FrankY59FrankY59 Posts: 1,049
    When were the Grammy's on?! Oh well.
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_VlafQkMa4
    Zack Brown Band are not only amazing, they also know where it's at lol :lol:8-)
    08 -MSG I.eV Newark.Stone in BK. 09 -Spectrum II,III,IV. 10- Prudential Center.MSG I,II. Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 11- eV NY I, II. Bridge School Benefit Night II (eV solo). 12- Made in America Festival. 13- Oakland. 14- Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 17- eV Ohana. 18- Seattle I, II. 21- SHN. 22- ev & Earthlings Beacon, MSG, Camden. 23- eV & Earthlings Ohana. 24 - MSG I, II
  • gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,562
    allstar340 wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_VlafQkMa4
    Zack Brown Band are not only amazing, they also know where it's at lol :lol:8-)
    silversun pickups are far greater than the zack brown band...
  • I'm hooked on Earth Song by MJ
    A child's rhyme stuck in my head...
    It said "Life is nothing but a dream."
    I've spent so many years in question
    To find I'd known this all along.
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,225
    I was tiling my guest bathroom with the Grammys playing on the television... So, i caught bits and pieces...
    It isn't a coincident that GaGa and CaCa sound so much alike.
    I was hoping Kathy Griffin would have won the Grammy... because she would probably have given her 'suck it, Jesus' speech and thrown all of those a-holes into a tizzy fit. But, i was glad Stephen Colbert won.
    I didn't know that Green Day had turned into Destiny's Child... when did that happen? Billie Joe... come back.
    Pink. I like Pink. I met her at one of Taylor Hawkins' side gigs up in Malibu. The girl can sing. She did a gospel version of Tom Petty's 'Free Fallin'' that almost made me go to church the next day. Earlier, i had bummed a cigarette off of her and we talked a bit... she was really nice... and rocked that hardass body. The girl is built. What she should do is... dump the name 'Pink' and go by her real name, Alicia and get a rock band to back her and be the second coming of Chrissie Hynde and the Pretenders.
    That was about it... I knew it was better to keep setting the tiles than check out the Michael Jackson thing. I know for certain that anything that is prefaced with the words, "...featuring Celine Dion..." is completely unwatchable.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • 3. MICHAEL JACKSON All Star JAM - Forget the title of this new song. But it was good. Angry, motivational, calling the powers that be to task. Reminded me of 70's era Stevie Wonder inner city revolution type stuff.

It's called Earth Song, and it's not new, it was a single from his History album back in '95.

I've watched a few of the performances on youtube, I think Beyonce is pretty much in a league of her own in terms of having it all, she can dance and has an amazing voice. Gaga and Elton John was pretty cool too. Pink was alright, didn't think much of the song but the acrobatics was pretty cool.
  • pandora wrote:
    Must have been me I normally am blown away with Beyonce' but singing Alanis Morissette's song You Oughta Know- come on that was awful- Alanis should have been there doing it no one can do that song like her.

that was shocking... and the rest awful... except for the Pink's Cirque du Soleil... :lol:
    Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,851
    marcos wrote:
    Pink was hot with all the water and acrobatics but I'm not sure if the was really singing. Either way it was a hot performance. Black Eye Peas was ok, but Fergie really needs to wear less clothing for anyone to put up with her rapping.
    pink's ass stole the show
    and the black eyed peas get more annoying every time I see/hear them
    Gaga-at least she sings her own songs-not my cup of tea, but I thought it was pretty good
    The earth song in 3d-cool experiment, but I am tired of MJ
    Beyonce-man is she talented and beautiful, I liked when she grabbed her crotch :D
    Taylor swift-with stevie nicks-disaster-taylor missed the high notes and sounded off key
    Green day-well, they used to be cool
    Zack brown band-closest thing to a rock band last night
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,366
    Not sure why anyone would have something against Taylor Swift. She may not be the world's greatest singer-- there are many "great" singers who don't really sing all that well in a classic sense (Bono, Bruce, Mick Jagger, Bob Dylan, etc.)-- but she does everything the right way: writes her own stuff, takes her work seriously, treats her fans graciously and appreciatively, and acts like a grown-up and a professional in an industry where such behavior is a scarce commodity. Kudos to her.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
    BF25394 wrote:
    Not sure why anyone would have something against Taylor Swift. She may not be the world's greatest singer-- there are many "great" singers who don't really sing all that well in a classic sense (Bono, Bruce, Mick Jagger, Bob Dylan, etc.)-- but she does everything the right way: writes her own stuff, takes her work seriously, treats her fans graciously and appreciatively, and acts like a grown-up and a professional in an industry where such behavior is a scarce commodity. Kudos to her.

I happen to agree, but she was not good with Stevie.
  • It was Lil Wayne, Drizzy, and Eminem with Travis Barker on drums. Seriously. Wayne got the whole crowd into it.
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
    Can we also quit talking about Taylor Swift writing her own stuff? Seems that is all I heard about last night. (and in this thread) Isn't that what she should be doing?

big friggin deal.
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    BF25394 wrote:

Agree.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,828
    I liked the Michael Jackson song but why was it in 3D????????????

Green Day- ok

DMB- decent.

Drake, Eminem, Wayne- pretty good except for the censoring.

Did really watch any of the other performances. Pink i heard was good.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • I thought DMB's performance was the best. Dave doing that little dance in the middle was just so funny!!
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,366
    Smellyman wrote:
    Can we also quit talking about Taylor Swift writing her own stuff? Seems that is all I heard about last night. (and in this thread) Isn't that what she should be doing?

big friggin deal.

People talk about it because most pop stars don't write their own stuff and because her stuff is pretty polished, especially since she was a teenager when she wrote the stuff.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
    Drake, Eminem, Wayne- pretty good except for the censoring.

unfortunately, the censoring took away from the performance-big time
    BF25394 wrote:
    Smellyman wrote:

big friggin deal.

People talk about it because most pop stars don't write their own stuff and because her stuff is pretty polished, especially since she was a teenager when she wrote the stuff.

meh