Has anybody heard of this guy?

dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
edited February 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Or remember him? This happened before I was born.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budd_Dwyer

Budd Dwyer. My girlfriend's brother sent a youtube link to me of the Jan. 22 1987 newscast of his notorious last moment. I won't post it here because if you want to watch it, you'll search for it yourself. Pretty intense shit, I'm still kinda shocked at what I just watched.

:o

EDIT: You may want to read the article first.

EDIT, again: This shit is graphic, which is why I did not provide the link to video. When trying to watch the video on youtube, you have to have a username and agree to the fact that what you know what you're going to witness is graphic. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. For the love of God, read the wikipedia article I posted first. If it is something that chills you...for your best interest, just move on. Thanks.
7/2/06 - Denver, CO
6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• That was heavy
    dont know if i really needed to see that
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Man...I'm such a sucker for real life gore! I had to watch it a few times. See how much blood was gushing out of his nose?! :shock: Fucking hell! And see the way the blood kinda accumulated on the top of his head then spilled down his face...that looked pretty impressive...I really should have had a career in special effects for horror movies! :?

At least he donated his organs -- good boy! Well so the youtube video description reckons anyway...

The 3 envelopes Dwyer hands to his staff contained a suicide note to his wife, an organ donor card and related materials and a letter to Pennsylvania Governor Robert P. Casey, who had taken office two days before.
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Oh sorry...no, I've never heard of him.
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Never heard of him
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • TyTy Posts: 1,007
    Why the fuck have you directed people to this? Your sick view of entertainment? The Moderator should delete this post, and send you a warning.

Don't know what you were trying to achieve by posting that link. It's insensitive, voyeuristic and sad. Don't think the PJ boys would be proud to have you as a fan at the moment.

I know it's the non-PJ board, but this doesn't belong here. And neither do you.
    PJ - Sydney 1998; Sydney 2003; Sydney, Melbourne, Newcastle 2006; Melbourne, Sydney 2009; Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney 2014.
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle, Sydney 2011; Sydney 2014.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,624
    yeah i vaguely remember. i was like 9 when this happened.

that is a very distrubing video.
    www.myspace.com
    Ty wrote:
    Why the fuck have you directed people to this? Your sick view of entertainment? The Moderator should delete this post, and send you a warning.

Don't know what you were trying to achieve by posting that link. It's insensitive, voyeuristic and sad. Don't think the PJ boys would be proud to have you as a fan at the moment.

he posted a link to a wikipedia page and said he purposely did not post a link to the video because he knew some people, like you, would be offended.

it's an interesting story and i don't understand what your problem is with it.

maybe the moderator should delete you.
    www.myspace.com
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    I first saw it on Michael Moore's Bowling for Columbine. I was 5 when it happened so I don't remember hearing about it.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Ty wrote:

Settle down, Nancy. I guess we're not allowed to discuss real life events because some people like you might find it offensive. The OP simply posted about this event and warned everyone it was graphic and to view at you're own risk. I bet you ratted him out to the mods too, didn't you?
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Growing up in Philly I'll never forget it

I believe we were sent home early for a snow day I was in like 4th or 5th grade

The local news actually aired this live...I couldn't believe what I saw

I didn't read the wikipedia but if its not mentioned Filter's song HEY MAN NICE SHOT was about this
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • My dad killed himself on the same day 15 years later. Seems to be a pretty bad day :(

But I can't really remember. I mean I heard of Budd Dwyer, but it happened before I was born.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    never heard of this event.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    Ty wrote:

Whaaaaat?! There are potentially offensive things on the internet?!?
    Noooooooooooooooo!

By the way- a guy shooting himself in public, while tragic, would never be considered voyeuristic...
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    hey man...nice shot
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    i also like the "someone call a doctor" as blood is just gushing out...so dead. gross. never actually watched it before
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Ty wrote:

hulkavl3.jpg
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,414
    norm wrote:
    Ty wrote:

hulkavl3.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:
    exactly. if you don't want to read/watch it, don't. he warned everyone of the graphic nature. it's a CHOICE, you see? please step down from your high horse & try to lighten up.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    oh and yeah, i remember this...i was in high school...i think i saw the video once...don't need to see it again
  • I'm pretty sure I've seen it in Bowling For Columbine, pretty extreme stuff.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,839
    Being from PA and still in school, although it took place during the summer. yes i remember very well. Me and my one friend and some other people went to Great Adventure that day and on the way home in his RV they had the local news station on KYW1060 and they were talking about it. I was shocked.

I'm pretty sure this was mentioned, but the Filter song "Hey Man Nice Shot" is supposedly about this incident.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • I'm pretty sure this was mentioned, but the Filter song "Hey Man Nice Shot" is supposedly about this incident.
    I thought that song was written for the basketball scene in "The Cable Guy"...
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    norm wrote:
    Ty wrote:

hulkavl3.jpg

HOWLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That is a riot!!!!!

I read some of the article posted and do remember it happening. Quite sad.

And for the record? you have to have a user name/password to view the video on youtube, at least that is the message I got. If you went to watch it, youtube gave you fair warning that it is not appropriate for all and to proceed on your own. If you thought youtube was kidding, not their problem....that's yours.
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
    I'm pretty sure this was mentioned, but the Filter song "Hey Man Nice Shot" is supposedly about this incident.
    I thought that song was written for the basketball scene in "The Cable Guy"...

well done sir.
    :clap::clap:
    www.myspace.com
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    holy shit.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Ty wrote:

So, because you're offended means I don't belong here? It's not like I posted the video IN the thread...I posted his story, and gave everyone a warning...read the article...if it doesn't sound like something you don't want to watch, then don't. Also, don't try to belittle me by saying that this is my sick view of entertainment. My original post showed no liking of the matter from my point, clearly just shocked at what I had just discovered.

Obviously I offended you, and I'm sorry. But in all honesty, I could've done much worse. If what I did was wrong or unacceptable, then I'll gladly take the lashing from the mods, until then...I was simply just expressing my shock at discovering such a gruesome story.

I'm not directing anyone to this...people can choose whether or not to search for the video and watch it, that's all a matter of personal interest.

If you're truly that upset at my actions, take matters into your own hands and run to the moderators, but until then...I think I shared this information in the most appropriate manner...like I said, I didn't even provide a link to said video.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    I was just reading about this guy the other day. I'd seen the vid several years ago now. I still don't understand why the guy had to call a press conference and then warn people he was going to do something disturbing.
  • WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Ty wrote:

So, because you're offended means I don't belong here? It's not like I posted the video IN the thread...I posted his story, and gave everyone a warning...read the article...if it doesn't sound like something you don't want to watch, then don't. Also, don't try to belittle me by saying that this is my sick view of entertainment. My original post showed no liking of the matter from my point, clearly just shocked at what I had just discovered.

Obviously I offended you, and I'm sorry. But in all honesty, I could've done much worse. If what I did was wrong or unacceptable, then I'll gladly take the lashing from the mods, until then...I was simply just expressing my shock at discovering such a gruesome story.

I'm not directing anyone to this...people can choose whether or not to search for the video and watch it, that's all a matter of personal interest.

If you're truly that upset at my actions, take matters into your own hands and run to the moderators, but until then...I think I shared this information in the most appropriate manner...like I said, I didn't even provide a link to said video.

nicely done.....
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,230

This is accurate.
  • JD SalJD Sal Posts: 790
    Yup, I was 10 years old at the time and saw this live on TV. I remember it like it happened yesterday. Crazy stuff!
    "If no one sees you, you're not here at all"