VOTE NOW! for FIXER GRAMMY

2»

Comments

• JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    I may love PJ, but I really hate the Fixer. I'm not a blind supporter and won't vote for a song that I truly dislike.

Besides, the Grammys mean nothing to me, and I believe PJ has said that same thing years ago.
  • Bugs29Bugs29 Posts: 96
    we know, we know, the grammy's are a popularity contest (therefore pointless as to what music stands for)
    i think it's still funny if we, the pearl jam hardcore, show how insanely committed we are to our band by jacking up those numbers on the poll....it's this whole team effort that's funny...and awesome.
  • 14.gif
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Record companies and individuals may submit recordings to be nominated. The entries are entered online and then a physical copy of the product must be sent to the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences. Once a work is entered, reviewing sessions are held by over 150 experts from the recording industry. This is done only to determine whether or not a work is eligible or entered into the proper category for official nomination. They may vote to nominate in the general field (Record of the Year, Album of the Year, Song of the Year and Best New Artist) and in no more than nine out of 30 other fields on their ballots. Only 5 acts can be nominated for each category. Following this process the votes are tabulated. The 5 recordings that earn the most votes become the nominees. There may be more than five nominees if there is a tie in the nomination process. After the nominations are announced final voting ballots are sent to Recording Academy members. They may then vote in the general field and in no more than eight of the 30 fields. Ballots are tabulated secretly by the major independent accounting firm Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu.[5] Following the tabulation of votes the winners are announced at the Grammy Awards. The recording with the most votes in a category wins and it is possible to have a tie. Winners are presented with the Grammy Award and those who don't win are given a medal for their nomination. Academy members in the nomination process and final voting process are to vote based upon quality alone. They are not supposed to be influenced by sales, chart performance, personal friendships, regional preferences or company loyalty. The acceptance of gifts is prohibited. Members are urged to vote in a manner that preserves the integrity of the academy. The nomination and final voting processes requires that members vote only in their fields of expertise. The eligibility period for the 2010 Grammy awards is October 1, 2008 to August 31, 2009.

This is copied straight from Wikipedia in the nominations section of the Grammys. No amount of votes you submit online will help anyone win. It is done by the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences. But keep on voting people. I gotta go take a shit.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Parksy wrote:
    Not to rain down hard on this thread.. but I agree with the other fellow..

The Grammy Awards represent everything that is horrific and awful about pop music today.

TWO WORDS..... LADY GAGA

(shudder..)

They should really create an awards show for Rock and Roll only... unless there already is one that i do not know aboot.

ummm Lady Gaga isn't in the same category so don't worry about it.
    Maybe the music world is changing a bit, and I'm pretty sure PJ's veiw on things are changing with it. Have you heard the Fixer?
    looking up...wondering if there is anything that you cannot do....
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    youngster wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    that was 96- 13 years brings lots of changes- I think he would appreciate a Grammy, not an end all, but appreciate it. Fixer deserves this-Pearl Jam deserves this. The message in that song is just beautiful. "I will fight to get it back again!" Fighting for Love
    This is an awesome thread- voted 10 times- will put PJ on later with a couple cocktails and sit and do my part
    I love Pearl Jam!!!!

True. 13 years is a long time. But on the same note, in those 13 years excluding Backspacer, they have shied away from the spotlight. Not a whole lot of commercial stuff. That's what makes PJ great. They know the songs they write are not going to be recieved well by the masses. But they know they have a solid fan base that will accept it with open arms. Maybe Ed will like a Grammy if he wins. Who knows? But I am not going to be voting for it just because it was on the ballot. Personally I thought it was one of the weakest songs on the album.
    Well I don't think all Grammy's go to those artists that are very commercial. I am voting for it because the message in this song is absolutely awesome. To makes things right for the people you love whatever effort it takes and to always fight for love. That is powerful and feel that has great meaning for Eddie, cause like us all,we're not always so committed. Its not my favorite song on Backspacer but it one of my favorite all time PJ songs.
    Anyways too much thinking- I mean for you regulars here in the 10c that hang here a lot just show your support for the band you love. Come on how often do we get a chance? And no this isn't gonna change who that Grammy is going to but it shows how much we love our band. Cause we all love Pearl Jam right? Some of us more fanatically weird than others- some more blindly committed than others. But I'm assuming if you are here you must love Pearl Jam.
  • the Green Day lead is coming down fast . . . currently 10,820.
  • the Green Day lead is coming down fast . . . currently 10,820.
    give me a couple days about that.. :lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • We have overtaken the Kings!!! Hhahahaha!! Yes, i am loving this campaign, even if it is unofficial.

WE ARE BOMBING THAT SITE!!!!! Good Job Jammers!!

Love it!!

New Tabulations

as of 2:50 EST Saturday.

1. Green Day: 15,533
    2. Bruce: 13,387
    3. PEARL JAM!!!: 4,728!!!!
    4. Kings of Leon: 4,431
    5. u2: 1,248

!!!!! :o :twisted:
    Evolution Music Studios presents:
    DO THE EVOLUTION - a 20th Anniversary Tribute Celebration
    of PEARL JAM - WORLD CAFE LIVE PHILLY JUNE 19th 7pm
  • About 6,000 overall votes cast since this thread started. Almost 4,000 of those Pearl Jam.
    oh yeah! I'm a Jammer!!!! and proud of it!
  • Don't know if we can take out Bruce. But if we do, then we could take the whole thing!
    well its fun trying- seeing the # get bigger is cool! Come on 5000!
    over 5000!
  • :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • NastasjaNastasja Posts: 9,668
    pandora wrote:
    over 5000!

if PJ want it or not....they deserve those votes :)
    You can spend your time alone, re-digesting past regrets,
    Or you can come to terms and realize
    You're the only one who can't forgive yourself
    Nastasja wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    over 5000!

if PJ want it or not....they deserve those votes :)
    oh yea keep voting guys!
  • youngster wrote:
    Do Ed a favor and don't vote. He would rather have hemmoroids than a Grammy.

Matt wrote it so maybe he would like one?
    I'm thinking not anymore- he might no about those by now!
  • pantspants Posts: 60
    Ugh, looking at the Best Hard Rock Performance votes makes me want to vomit...
  • Current money line

2021 Use Somebody - Kings of Leon -300
    2022 I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight - U2 +500
    2023 Working On A Dream - Bruce Springsteen +600
    2024 The Fixer - Pearl Jam +700
    2025 21 Guns - Green Day +800
    that must be the big picture
    come on WE ARE PEARLJAM FANS VOTE PLEASE
  • Green Day's lead is still shrinking . . .

10,247 - 6PM
    10,820 - 11AM
    its 14% it was 11% when we started come on you guys lets rock for Pearl Jam!
    I'm not gonna call you puss
    lets rock for them we love them right!!!!
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Bump
    Go Birds!!!!
    back to the party, is it done?
    ready to vote some more please
    but what's up with that?
    I did not even see a final..... its all zeros
    I would like to please