and the grammy for best rock song goes to...

2»

Comments

• and I'm guessing Bruce will win, just because it's the Grammy's. Not that Bruce isn't any good, but in these categories, the oddball usually wins.

working on a dream is a not a great song, if bruce wins cause of that song, it'll be FIXED

and i'm a bruce fan!

I hope it's PJ...cause im sheep
  • Will the boys pick up another best rock song grammy this year?

Nominees:

Kings of leon - use somebody
    Pearl jam - Fixer
    Bruce springsteen - workin on a dream
    U2 - gonna go crazy if I don't go crazy tonight
    Green day - 21 guns

Hmm they shoulda been nominated for a different song! I like the fixer but some of the other new songs are better.

Ill be mad if bruce or u2 or kings of leon wins, green days ok ig uess.
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    No way The Fixer will win it....and truthfully I wouldn't say it is the best song of the lot either imo.
    To me....and as much as I dislike the general direction in which they went....Use Somebody is the best. Can't help it....love that song.
    Workin on a dream is better than the fixer and the other two stink as far as I am concerned
    ANd of course it is about popularity as was mentioned before, so KoL are the hot shit right now....another nod in their favor.

and more importantly...who gives a shit about a grammy

I wholeheartedly agree
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    RiotAct10 wrote:
    KO282453 wrote:
    if "Unthought Known" was nominated, then i would care more.

Unthought Known was not elgible. The rest of Backspacer including the album, Just Breathe, and any future singles, will be elgible next year, is my understanding. Because the Fixer was the first single and released before the album, it was out early enough to qualify for this year.

And as for the main question, I woul dnot be surprised if Pearl Jam comes in last, though we never know the results. That U2 song should be last for sure, but I really believe KOL will win it, that song was just too damn big not to in my opinion. (Not that I think that means it should win, just come one, we know these grammy voters have no idea what they're doing.)

So there's still hope.
  • G ForceG Force Posts: 1,393
    KOL will easily win this... I think Use Somebody is a GREAT song... better than The Fixer... However... this Fixer should win SOMETHING. I don't think any song has been used more for buffers, commercials, etc. Its a hit.

21 guns... is not a great song
  • I think this is a very unimpressive list of songs:
    Use Somebody is about my least favorite song from that album.
    The Fixer really isn't anything special - sorry.
    The U2 song is boring - like most of their new album.
    The Bruce song - whatever.
    Green Day blows.

Besides, I don't care about the Grammys anyway.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    I think this is a very unimpressive list of songs:
    Use Somebody is about my least favorite song from that album.
    The Fixer really isn't anything special - sorry.
    The U2 song is boring - like most of their new album.
    The Bruce song - whatever.
    Green Day blows.

Besides, I don't care about the Grammys anyway.

I hope KOL doesn't win so it won't encourage them to make more of the shit that was Only by the Night. Look what happened to Green Day. Once upon a time they were a pretty cool band, now they sell out arenas to teenage girls.
  • thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    can't wait for that Kings of Leon remix album. I heard Justin Timberlake does wonders to Crawl :roll:
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    the way those shit bags vote it is Springsteen or U2
  • CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    Anybody know if this catagory will be televised? I'm guessing with all the big names it would be. LOL...Pearl Jam might be the least known name at this point and time.
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • TangerineTangerine Posts: 880
    Will the boys pick up another best rock song grammy this year?

Nominees:

Pearl jam - Fixer
    Green day - 21 guns

Hmm they shoulda been nominated for a different song! I like the fixer but some of the other new songs are better.

Completely agree. Unthought Known, Got Some and Just Breathe are far better than the The Fixer and definitely better than the other songs nominated (other than the Bruce song, can't speak to it seeing I haven't heard that one yet).

As much as it pains me to say it Green Day is gonna win this one :( I still don't get why people enjoy listening to a singer that sounds like he has the worst cold on the planet. Blow your nose for christ's sake!
    2006: Boston I, Camden II
    2007: Chicago
    2008: Hartford, Mansfield I & II, EV Boston
    2009: Philly III & IV
    2010: Boston
    2011: PJ20
    2012: Philly
    2013: Worcester I & II, Brooklyn I & II
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,813
    Tangerine wrote:
    Will the boys pick up another best rock song grammy this year?

Nominees:

Pearl jam - Fixer
    Green day - 21 guns

Completely agree. Unthought Known, Got Some and Just Breathe are far better than the The Fixer and definitely better than the other songs nominated (other than the Bruce song, can't speak to it seeing I haven't heard that one yet).

As much as it pains me to say it Green Day is gonna win this one :( I still don't get why people enjoy listening to a singer that sounds like he has the worst cold on the planet. Blow your nose for christ's sake!

those songs weren't eligible. the nomination cutoff date was aug. 31. maybe got some might have because it was performed on conan in may. not sure how that works. but the fixer was released as a single before the deadline.
    I miss igotid88
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,813
    Anybody know if this catagory will be televised? I'm guessing with all the big names it would be. LOL...Pearl Jam might be the least known name at this point and time.

probably not
    I miss igotid88
  • "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • PredakingPredaking Posts: 282
    I'd put my money on Bruce or U2. KOL would not be surprising, and I do like them. However that Use Somebody song is death. Every freaking time I lapse and turn on the radio, that song is there. I guess I'd do the same thing too, and get paid. So, good for them.
  • My vote goes to the grammy awards being stupid.