Into The Wild >> Backspacer

2»

Comments

• [/quote]

-1. I don't like the Spice Girls - does that mean I am limiting the musical reaches of my mind because I dismissed them?

I also prefer Into the Wild to Backspacer. I also disagree with the "Apples and Oranges" assessment - you're either musically moved by an album or you're not. It's not like comparing Into the Wild to a bicycle. One is - in my opinion - an outstanding acoustic record. The other is - again, only in my opinion - a decidedly average rock album. I can put them up against each other in the same way I prefer beer to tea when I'm looking for something to drink, or a steak to cauliflower when I'm hungry. When I want something good to listen to, I'm much more inclined to reach for Into the Wild than I am to Backspacer. Music is music - and Into the Wild speaks to me musically, whereas Backspacer doesn't. It's not against some obscure musical law to compare a Pearl Jam album to one by another band or solo artist.[/quote]

Amen... took the words right out of my mouth.
  • This thread is misleading.. The title should be "I THINK Into The Wild >> Backspacer".
    Why? You think it might be too hard for someone to figure out that what I said was my opinion? Well no shit :roll:
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    edited January 2010
    This thread is misleading.. The title should be "I THINK Into The Wild >> Backspacer".
    Why? You think it might be too hard for someone to figure out that what I said was my opinion? Well no shit :roll:
    I'm just being a bitch.

I hate comparing albums that are completely different though. Even though I may like one more, I hate rating music because its all relative. I know people do it to see if others agree, but still. It's an art.
    Post edited by LikeAnOcean on
  • Back_PedalBack_Pedal Posts: 1,171
    Yup, that's right.

Ed's soundtrack to Into the Wild is better than teh Backspacer. Backspacer just doesn't have much staying power IMO.

Anyone agree? =D
    I concur.
    Thanks EPOTTSIII!
    "Vinyl or not, you will need to pay someone to take RA of your hands" - Smile05
    424, xxx
  • Now does anyone think Them Crooked Vultures>>Backspacer.

Im afraid to say i do :oops:
    2006: Albany
    2008: MSG I, MSG II, Newark(EV)
    2009: Albany 1-2(EV), Philly 3
    2010: Boston, MSG I
    2013: Buffalo, Brooklyn II, Hartford
    2016: MSG 1, MSG II, Fenway 1