Is it bad..

LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
edited January 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
to have a really awesome date with a girl, but then spell her name wrong while texting her on the way home after dropping her off?

8-)

Epic fail.

She'll forgive me, right? lol.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    edited January 2010
    You're fucked....and I don't mean the good way! 8-)
    Post edited by ZiggyStar on
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • ZiggyStar wrote:
    You're fucked....and I don't mean the good way!
    +1..huge mistake
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • blame it on the phone and doing whilst driving on the way home. As long as it was the right name just spelt wrong. :D

all will be forgiven, have faith
    Rod Laver Arena - Feb 18, 2003
    Rod Laver Arena - Nov 13, 2006
    Adelaide Oval - Nov 17, 2009
    Etihad Stadium - Nov 20, 2009
    BDO Melbourne - Jan 24, 2014
    New York - May 02 - 2016

Powered by Pearl Jam
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    blame it on the phone and doing whilst driving on the way home. As long as it was the right name just spelt wrong. :D

I did, and texted her I was driving and blamed it on that.. I misplaced a "c" with a "k"..

Another question.. is it wrong date 4 was the best yet, and she's already planned date 5, and talking about date 12 and 13, but we haven't even kissed yet?
    blame it on the phone and doing whilst driving on the way home. As long as it was the right name just spelt wrong. :D

I did, and texted her I was driving and blamed it on that.. I misplaced a "c" with a "k"..

Another question.. is it wrong date 4 was the best yet, and she's already planned date 5, and talking about date 12 and 13, but we haven't even kissed yet?

You haven't even kissed her and you're up to date 5? You should be in her pants by now! *shakes head in disgust* ;)

Is this "the ten" you were talking about a few weeks ago at the gay bar?!
    ZiggyStar wrote:

You haven't even kissed her and you're up to date 5? You should be in her pants by now! *shakes head in disgust* ;)

Is this "the ten" you were talking about a few weeks ago at the gay bar?!
    Ha!.. yes.. to be honest, we are both pretty shy, but having a blast.. I think I'm doing the right thing. She's a REALLY smart girl... Soon!
  • I'd forgive you. It can happen and there's much worse things ;)

But 5 dates without a kiss is tough. You should really get it going by now!!
    Stonerlady wrote:
    I'd forgive you. It can happen and there's much worse things ;)

But 5 dates without a kiss is tough. You should really get it going by now!!
    Technically is was the third date.. first date was meeting briefly for a few hours, I wouldn't really count it... Date 5 or 4 is planned and hasn't happened yet.
  • Still bad. Sorry. Maybe I'm a weird woman, but I wouldn't want to wait so long if I like a guy...
    Stonerlady wrote:
    Still bad. Sorry. Maybe I'm a weird woman, but I wouldn't want to wait so long if I like a guy...

Me either....but if she was keen, there's nothing stopping her from initiating the first move! Doesn't always have to be up to the guy!
    Stonerlady wrote:
    Still bad. Sorry. Maybe I'm a weird woman, but I wouldn't want to wait so long if I like a guy...
    You're not weird.. maybe this is a case by case scenario.. She's really shy.. was with the same guys since she was 17 and broke up 10 years later and hasn't really dated in a year since... I must be doing the right thing if she's talking about things we will be doing many dates from now.. like I said soon!
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Stonerlady wrote:

Me either....but if she was keen, there's nothing stopping her from initiating the first move! Doesn't always have to be up to the guy!
    Our date started off watching the presidential address.. like I said, she's way smarter than thinking about just getting laid.. she seems really into me, shes had a rough past and taking it slow is what has gotten us to this point.
  • Ok, with such a past it's different. I can totally understand that!! Had problems myself. But, well it's different now :D
    Our date started off watching the presidential address.. like I said, she's way smarter than thinking about just getting laid.. she seems really into me, shes had a rough past and taking it slow is what has gotten us to this point.

In just fucking around with you....by all means go at your own pace....but believe me, if she's already planning dates 12 and 13 this far in advance, she's hanging for you to lean over and plant a big kiss on her lips!

That's just my opinion though....I haven't been in a bad relationship so maybe I'm totally wrong....I doubt it, but it has happened a few times in my life! ;)
  • What age are u? 13? ha ha
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    I was with a girl once. HEr name was Rachael. I always spelt it Rachel. Not intentionally, but she was getting annoyed with it.

She was a little boring. When I started yawning when she was talking to me, I decided that this bird is not for me. And I was on my bike.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    its quite an easy mistake to make... i used to see a girl called Julie... but i always spelled it "fucktoy"
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Stonerlady wrote:

I like your thinking, I like it when a girl makes the first move.

AS for not kissing her. If you met her in a gay bar, and its 5 dates, dude, maybe she's going to start thinking 'Maybe there was a reason I met this guy in a gay bar, maybe he's gay'

If your nervous, have a few drinks, don't get shit faced, also, drinking can make your mouth dry, so before you make your move, have plenty of water. Get some good alone time with her, But you can usually tell just by the look in their eyes. And then say something like, 'you know I've been thinking of giving you a kiss' blah blah blah. Worked for me last time I kissed a girl. It's corny, but you'll have the confidence of the drink, and if it doesn't pan out well, just say 'I hadn't eaten all day, and the alcohol really affected me' some shit like that.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • So then she's got a drunk guy who's going to the toilet every 5 minutes. ;)
    I don't think there's one guy who ever had these kind of problems with me. I always took the firt step forward. And I was pretty successful doing so.
    But I agree 100% about that gay bar stuff. Take care that she won't think you're gay!!!
    Stonerlady wrote:
    So then she's got a drunk guy who's going to the toilet every 5 minutes. ;)
    I don't think there's one guy who ever had these kind of problems with me. I always took the firt step forward. And I was pretty successful doing so.
    But I agree 100% about that gay bar stuff. Take care that she won't think you're gay!!!

I didn't say get drunk. A few drinks can take the edge off, give him confidence, he said they are are both shy. I too am a pretty shy guy. Look in my other post. The advice I gave was to have a few drinks. And he'd have a bladder the size of a pea if he's going every 5 mins.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • I was just joking ;)
    But it all depends on the kind of girl she is. I actually don't like it if a guy drinks alcohol before a date. I don't drink any myself.
    Stonerlady wrote:
    I was just joking ;)
    But it all depends on the kind of girl she is. I actually don't like it if a guy drinks alcohol before a date. I don't drink any myself.

And you're from Germany?

What about those big litre beers? We have a German bar/restaurant here in Sydney called the lowenbrau, I' love those beers, And some apple schnapps, yum yum yum. Not to mention the nice German meat, saurkraut and mashed kartoffle :). .

Next time I go on a date, I am going to the lowenbrau :)
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Really, Löwenbrau (in Germany it's written with a 'ö' which is a special letter)??? It's not very popular in Germany as it's a real big brewery. We got a lot of small breweries everywhere which are way more popular. especially in my town there's Europe's largest beer festival - I only have to walk about 2 minutes to get ther. But I don't like beer or any alcohol. but that's something about my past.
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    dunkman wrote:
    its quite an easy mistake to make... i used to see a girl called Julie... but i always spelled it "fucktoy"

wow ! I think I dated her a few times too.... weird.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
    pjfan31 wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Stonerlady wrote:

I like your thinking, I like it when a girl makes the first move.

AS for not kissing her. If you met her in a gay bar, and its 5 dates, dude, maybe she's going to start thinking 'Maybe there was a reason I met this guy in a gay bar, maybe he's gay'
    Again, technically last night was date 3. I wouldn't count it as 4 because we met in person for the first time briefly for date one with a bunch of people. Loud music, very little talking.
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    to have a really awesome date with a girl, but then spell her name wrong while texting her on the way home after dropping her off?

8-)

Epic fail.

So you're that person always texting while driving... Pay attention!
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • JD SalJD Sal Posts: 790
    Careful, if you haven't kissed her by date 4 or 5, you're treading water in the 'friend pool' and you may not be able to swim out of it.
    "If no one sees you, you're not here at all"
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    the american dating system is kinda strange to us UK'ers.. dates and meals and cinema.. perhaps a kiss, perhaps not.. all the stuff with bases.

basically in Britain if you're not humping each other by 3am on the first night then it just isnt gonna work out! :thumbup:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    dunkman wrote:
    the american dating system is kinda strange to us UK'ers.. dates and meals and cinema.. perhaps a kiss, perhaps not.. all the stuff with bases.

basically in Britain if you're not humping each other by 3am on the first night then it just isnt gonna work out! :thumbup:

Get in and out before sobriety rears its ugly head?
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977

8-)

Epic fail.

nah, no biggie. you're texting!
    i am one of the world's worst typists. i am an excellent speller, and yet i am utterly dyslexic when i type. :oops:
    next time tho, just give a quick review of your message before you hit send. :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow