Options

Pearl Jam not "international enough" to play Superbowl? HUH?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Pearl Jam will definitely play the Superbowl at some point, especially after all of the 70s bands/artists are dead. Pearl Jam will be the only good popular band left.
  • Options
    FeiracoFeiraco Amsterdam Posts: 255
    The NFL doesn't have many followers in Europe, and the time the Super Bowl is being played isn't too attractive for many Europeans.

However, Pearl Jam is very well-known among Europeans in the age group of, let's say 28 to 45. But to be honest, many of them don't know the current status of the band or what they have done in the past decade.
    Rotterdam 2000 (CANCELLED) | Arnhem 2006 | Rotterdam 2009 | Berlin 2009 | Arras 2010 | Amsterdam-1 2012 | Amsterdam-2 2012 | EV Amsterdam-1 2012 | EV Amsterdam-2 2012 | Amsterdam-1 2014 | Amsterdam-2 2014 | EV Amsterdam-2 2017 | EV Amsterdam-3 2017
  • Options
    Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Feiraco wrote:
    The NFL doesn't have many followers in Europe, and the time the Super Bowl is being played isn't too attractive for many Europeans.

However, Pearl Jam is very well-known among Europeans in the age group of, let's say 28 to 45. But to be honest, many of them don't know the current status of the band or what they have done in the past decade.
    Very true. American Football has a fairly small following outside of the USA, and the superbowl is on at 3 in the morning, so why they need an 'international act' is beyond me.
    That said, my friend is having a Superbowl night in his house. Mainly because he just got a giant tv and wants to show it of while we all get drunk.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Options
    BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 1,004
    I am still trying to work out why it is called football when they use their hands! Anyone?
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14